View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Stop it with the refs crap. The aggressive team is getting the calls. Period. That's usually how it works. Our guys are such soft sissies the refs can't even respect them.

No excuse for playing this bad on a back to back. Not when you don't have to get on a plane or a bus. I've said it before, I'll say it again. You win some, you lose some. But piss poor effort 24 hours after a stellar effort....no justification.

WTF? A foul is a foul. George was shoved and the foul was called against him. THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSE TO WORK.

My point is, you're crying about the wrong things. Officiating is what it is. But can you honestly tell me that why we're losing by almost 20 right now and getting run out of our own house is because of the refs? Remember, we had Staples Center on lockdown just 24 hours ago. Now we look like we've never seen the place. You're telling me the officials is reason for that??

Yes it most certainly IS. We're not allowed to play any type of (bleep) D. Mobley just hooks his way to 20 points. Elton Brand charges and uses his off arm to 30. And if they miss, the whistle is blown.

Tell me you didn't see that and I'll laugh in your face.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

LO 8 pts 9 boards on 3-12 shooting
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

Lamar. Just when I though he was coming to life.

I won't be fooled again.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

What was the spread by the way? If it was Clips by 19.5, someone is pissed right now lol.
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

We didnt trade lamar because Mitch was getting Jimmy buss's dry cleaning and then go to Michael Jacksons house to watch out for little boys in mj's room (couldnt close that one either) by the time he was going to make a trade he forgot the password to his PC.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Did you ever think you'd live to see the day, that the Clippers actually dominated the Lakers??
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

hisairness#8 wrote:
We didnt trade lamar because Mitch was getting Jimmy buss's dry cleaning and then go to Michael Jacksons house to watch out for little boys in mj's room (couldnt close that one either) by the time he was going to make a trade he forgot the password to his PC.

Where did Michael Jackson come from?
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Kobe must be so frustrated.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

I have lost all hope in the bust that is Lamar Odumb. From now on, whenever he scores 1 point, or grabs 1 rebound, gets 1 assist, I will be surprised and it will be considered an overachievement.
ClipperLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Anyhow...Why won't the Lakers Use the two man game with Kobe and Cook more? Kobe can draw cooks man away and he can shoot...How many shots did cook get today? It doesn't seem like he had a lot...As with lamar..I didnt expect him to have three hot games in a row...he is still inconsistent...and freaking kwame brown...i'd rather play turiaf..at least he tries...brown just stands there...and he has butterfingers..
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

OMG I MISS SHAQ NOW DEAR BASKETBALL GODS TAKE LAMAR OFF LIFE SUPPORT
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

ClipperLakerFan wrote:
Brand Most overrated? C'mon Stop drinking that HATERADE! My goodness. Yes he uses his off-arm a couple of times But all the time? You have to be kidding...I love watching these laker-clipper games, because I'm a fan of both..But I don't really root for one or the other..It's basically like watching Basketball for me...But if you said Cassell or livingston is overrated..I wouldn't say anything..but Brand? 25 and 10 every night..Plus Blocks, hustle, takes charges....brings it every night..Kwame needs to learn from Brand...Undersized and schooling him..So stop hating so much. Hate on anyone..But don't be blind and hate on brand..It's like someone saying...Kobe is so overrated...please...If you dont like the clippers fine..but don't blindly hate...Just worry about the Lakers. Kwame Brown can't make a layup, Sasha Can't hit a three, and lamar can't step up when kobe is not in the game...So talk about that..Stop hating on Brand...

I'll say it ALL night. Elton Brand is overrated. He's not ANYWHERE near Tim Duncan, KG, or Amare level. But yet, he's allowed to just do whatever the (bleep) he wants on O and D. Uses his off-arm to get his short, fat ass to the rim. If his off-arm doesn't work, he runs over TOP of his man and it's NOT called a charge. It's "blocking" foul. :roll:
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

insidepresence wrote:
hisairness#8 wrote:

Where did Michael Jackson come from?

HE AND MITCH ARE CLOSE FRIENDS
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ClipperLakerFan wrote:
Anyhow...Why won't the Lakers Use the two man game with Kobe and Cook more? Kobe can draw cooks man away and he can shoot...How many shots did cook get today? It doesn't seem like he had a lot...As with lamar..I didnt expect him to have three hot games in a row...he is still inconsistent...and freaking kwame brown...i'd rather play turiaf..at least he tries...brown just stands there...and he has butterfingers..

Cook is all offense..no defense.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

looking back objectively at this game:

we started out cold and tired in the 1st quarter, hung in there until halftime, came out with a second wind in the 2nd half, but then got blown away by an incredibly hot elton brand. 4th quarter was basically garbage time, cuz we were too frickin' tired to mount a proper fight back.

we are what we are. a team good enough for 8th in the west. we collapsed in the 3rd out of fatigue, and the clips exploited that.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

I'll say it ALL night. Elton Brand is overrated. He's not ANYWHERE near Tim Duncan, KG, or Amare level. But yet, he's allowed to just do whatever the (bleep) he wants on O and D. Uses his off-arm to get his short, fat ass to the rim. If his off-arm doesn't work, he runs over TOP of his man and it's NOT called a charge. It's "blocking" foul. :roll:

He's the MVP..remember..
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

He's the MVP..remember..

In his dreams
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

magic_bryant wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Stop it with the refs crap. The aggressive team is getting the calls. Period. That's usually how it works. Our guys are such soft sissies the refs can't even respect them.

No excuse for playing this bad on a back to back. Not when you don't have to get on a plane or a bus. I've said it before, I'll say it again. You win some, you lose some. But piss poor effort 24 hours after a stellar effort....no justification.

WTF? A foul is a foul. George was shoved and the foul was called against him. THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSE TO WORK.

My point is, you're crying about the wrong things. Officiating is what it is. But can you honestly tell me that why we're losing by almost 20 right now and getting run out of our own house is because of the refs? Remember, we had Staples Center on lockdown just 24 hours ago. Now we look like we've never seen the place. You're telling me the officials is reason for that??

Yes it most certainly IS. We're not allowed to play any type of (bleep) D. Mobley just hooks his way to 20 points. Elton Brand charges and uses his off arm to 30. And if they miss, the whistle is blown.

Tell me you didn't see that and I'll laugh in your face.

Sorry, Boo. Can't buy it. Are the Clippers getting the benefit of the calls?? Sure. But let me tell you something...you know what's catching more of my attention?? Sam Cassell and Shaun Livingston being ushered into the lane by our guards. Our guys going up with soft sissy layup attempts and getting blocked (that's if they don't brick them first). Getting beat to every loose ball, getting outworked on both ends of the floor. You can sit there and convince yourself ALL THAT is because of the refs. I won't do it.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

osj wrote:

we started out cold and tired in the 1st quarter, hung in there until halftime, came out with a second wind in the 2nd half, but then got blown away by an incredibly hot elton brand. 4th quarter was basically garbage time, cuz we were too frickin' tired to mount a proper fight back.

we are what we are. a team good enough for 8th in the west. we collapsed in the 3rd out of fatigue, and the clips exploited that.

I felt Phil should have called a time-out during that stretch when Brand got going...but Phil likes the players to figure it out.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
osj wrote:

I felt Phil should have called a time-out during that stretch when Brand got going...but Phil likes the players to figure it out.

agreed. could've stopped the run at 10 and told our guys to calm down. we were a little too hyped up 'cuz we had just taken the lead a couple of minutes before. in our tired state, we needed to slow things down instead of get caught up in a running game with the clips when they upped the tempo.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

osj wrote:
FBP Si 2000 wrote:
osj wrote:

agreed. could've stopped the run at 10 and told our guys to calm down. we were a little too hyped up 'cuz we had just taken the lead a couple of minutes before. in our tired state, we needed to slow things down instead of get caught up in a running game with the clips when they upped the tempo.

Apparently Phil thinks we have smart players. Hahaha, joke's on you Phil!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ClipperLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Magic bryant, you are making yourself look like a fool here. Stop hating so much. If you don't think Brand is as good as KG or TD fine..But to call him the most overrated is absurd. Even the nba players think EB is one of the most underrated players in the League. Overrated...you must not have heard of Stephon Marbury before. How about you ask your mom for more allowance so that you can order NBA League pass and watch some other players around the league before you comment. Any educated nba fan can tell you Brand is not anywhere near the most overrated in the nba.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

no, the joke's on jerry buss, and us fans. phil is the one laughing his way to the bank with 10 million/year.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

osj wrote:
pokoy wrote:

no, the joke's on jerry buss, and us fans. phil is the one laughing his way to the bank with 10 million/year.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

That was embarassing. I swear Kwame Brown is useless and what happened to Lamar. Oh well hopefully the Lakers can bounce back against the Celtics.
PS: Has Smush EVER made a pull up jumper?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: