Official Game Thread LAL VS LAC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

First, I think Phil should've gotten Kobe some rest at the 5:30 mark of the 3rd and instead put another big in. Switch the defensive assignments. I saw what was going to happen. A fresher guy on Mobley (tired Kobe got abused) and another big would've prevented that run. Bring Kobe back at the 2:30 mark and let him finish the game.

Second, start Sasha. I'm serious. Smush is just the worst when it comes to moving his feet. Sasha at least has sense enough to stay in front of his man. Also, Sasha isn't brain dead. No concentration on Smush's part. 8 second violation is unacceptable. Down by 3, and we get a steal and he decides to run a 1-5 break and shoot a corner 18 footer. And a stand still travel. So Smush should sit until he starts playing fundamentally.

Third, never start the game by going into Mihm until he is 100%. We can't afford to get off the ground sluggish. Kobe, Lamar, and George need to start using their athleticism to get to the basket. Lamar needs to concentrate and hit the layups. Also, Lamar needs to use his speed to isolate. I don't understand why he is so passive. It hurts the team.

Fourth, forget about Kobe talking. If you have the open shot, shoot it. Stop hesitating. Just shoot it up. Stopping messes up the Rhythm. Happened like 6 or 7 times tonight.

Fifth, stop trying to make Kwame an offensive threat by posting him up. Let him get his points by hustling and getting Orebs. Throw him a lob every once and a while cause those are the only passes he catches. A entry pass to Kwame is a guaranteed turnover or missed shot.

I can't really think of anything else right now. I'm not trying to preach, but I would also like to see effort. And if you're tired, get a conditioning regimen. There's no excuse for guys like kwame, smush, mihm to look fatigued.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

That was good. You nailed it.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
That was embarassing. I swear Kwame Brown is useless and what happened to Lamar. Oh well hopefully the Lakers can bounce back against the Celtics.
PS: Has Smush EVER made a pull up jumper?

The frustrating thing about Lamar is that it's feast or fammine. His cup either runneth over, or you get NOTHING.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:

A seond scorer in single digits, Jesuschrist !
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: