Danny Green needs to step it up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

ehh green is a good team defender not so much on ball defender but to each his own !!!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

That Playoff Danny hits different.

Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Trade him?

Seriously, it’s embarrassing. Best team in the league right now and some already want to break it up and move parts.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

1. feel like the team is great because we have the best offensive player in the league, and the best defensive player in the league - and the surrounding players know their role, hit some shots, and are solid defenders. Do they hit enough shots? do those players defend the elite players well enough? cmon, these are important questions..

2. I don't value the regular season that much; as being representative of how great a team exactly is... I'm not buying that we don't have to get better, and that we might not have the pieces constructed to play better. I want to optimize what's tangibly on the court from each position.. To me, chemistry is most a matter of players knowing their roles, and playing solid on one end of the court at least...
Everybody is in love with our record... but even 73 win teams don't win the chip sometimes.. 60+ win teams as well, every other year that team loses in the playoffs. Gotta keep your eye on your competition, Clippers and Bucks...do we match up with them well enough...
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
That Playoff Danny hits different.

NOt sure. HIs last few playoff years have been pretty bad shooting wise.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
1. feel like the team is great because we have the best offensive player in the league, and the best defensive player in the league - and the surrounding players know their role, hit some shots, and are solid defenders. Do they hit enough shots? do those players defend the elite players well enough? cmon, these are important questions..

2. I don't value the regular season that much; as being representative of how great a team exactly is... I'm not buying that we don't have to get better, and that we might not have the pieces constructed to play better. I want to optimize what's tangibly on the court from each position.. To me, chemistry is most a matter of players knowing their roles, and playing solid on one end of the court at least...
Everybody is in love with our record... but even 73 win teams don't win the chip sometimes.. 60+ win teams as well, every other year that team loses in the playoffs. Gotta keep your eye on your competition, Clippers and Bucks...do we match up with them well enough...

Agreed, all that matters if how we match up with Clippers, Bucks. If we don't match up well, we need to look for changes. Kuzma has some value and he's not much of a help to us at this point.
Yue_Fei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LeBron got on Green a bit on giving Nunn too much space for the 3.

It evens out. It was Green's hand on the ball that caused the offensive rebound out of the KCP missed FT. Those late game offensive rebounds are back breakers.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Green's value will come in during the playoffs when you need that veteran experience to hit big shots.

I'd trade him..decent player but too inconsistent.
he's in the low 30s from 3 his last few post-seasons, 25% 2 years ago.

No chance they're going to mess with this team's chemistry unless we're getting much, MUCH greater value coming back.

what tangibly does Green do on the court that another solid player can't easily do? that's essentially calling him irreplaceable, while he's not even playing well; I don't think that's how a team improves, or hits it's ceiling.
playoffs comes down to making shots, playmaking, defending..Green his last 3 playoffs has only been solid at one of these..
I'm just going with the tangibility against great competition

I'm not against trading him for a better piece but I don't think the FO is going to mess with this team one bit. Fringe players maybe imo.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Green's value will come in during the playoffs when you need that veteran experience to hit big shots.

No chance they're going to mess with this team's chemistry unless we're getting much, MUCH greater value coming back.

what tangibly does Green do on the court that another solid player can't easily do? that's essentially calling him irreplaceable, while he's not even playing well; I don't think that's how a team improves, or hits it's ceiling.
playoffs comes down to making shots, playmaking, defending..Green his last 3 playoffs has only been solid at one of these..

I'm not against trading him for a better piece but I don't think the FO is going to mess with this team one bit.

Yeah probably not, but it might cost us in the playoffs.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I'm not against trading him for a better piece but I don't think the FO is going to mess with this team one bit.

If only Danny Green were just a little taller...I'd feel more comfortable tossing him onto an elite wing.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

If only Danny Green were just a little taller...I'd feel more comfortable tossing him onto an elite wing.

length/strength > height
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

length/strength > height

Yeah that's what I meant. Just bigger in general.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I will say that he + Kuz could net us some decent value
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

i been saying id trade them both and throw in rondo too if necessary
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Who you got?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Who you got?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=u7b7qs9
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Who you got?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=u7b7qs9

thats a interesting proposal. at first i thought nah its way too one sided. but when actually dissecting it its pretty fair on both sides. think it would come down to 2 things, would the spurs wanna deal with us prolly not. and also who they value more kuzma or murray. imo dejounte murray passes the eye test more than kuzma. he looks more like a talented hooper. he has the handle, size, defense and potential. i aint tryna hate on kuzma but he be looking limited
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Green does a lot of little things that do not get shown on TV,

At least I hope so for the $15 mil he is getting...

And yeah, he could do more!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

DG is fine. He makes winning plays.

Just needs to foul a little less and not sag as much in transition. Most of the guys coming at him can shoot. That Nunn 3 late is prime example.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Watch what you say about Danny Green. Because he’ll make you eat your words. It’s not a matter of IF but WHEN.

And this is coming from a person who called him “wallpaper for stretches of games” coming into this season.

The thing about Danny is. Opposition doesn’t really matter. Can’t predict the level of play from him based on his matchup. He’ll randomly light up studs and go invisible against scrubs. Or vice versa. The 1 constant is he’ll make the extra pass if it is not the right look for him. An underrated talent.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Watch what you say about Danny Green. Because he’ll make you eat your words. It’s not a matter of IF but WHEN.

And this is coming from a person who called him “wallpaper for stretches of games” coming into this season.

The thing about Danny is. Opposition doesn’t really matter. Can’t predict the level of play from him based on his matchup. He’ll randomly light up studs and go invisible against scrubs. Or vice versa. The 1 constant is he’ll make the extra pass if it is not the right look for him. An underrated talent.

Very good observation. Though he seems to be comfortable shooting leaning, off-balance shots, provided the defender can't get a hand in his shot pocket.

Showed some good cuts to the basket against Orlando, too bad he only averages one two-pointer per game.

Ironically, he's shooting a lower percentage on wide open shots than on all others. 33.3% last I checked. Just as you said, unpredictable.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

He's playing defense
Shooting and hitting open 3s
Not turning the ball over
He's fine

You muthaforkers keep trying to speak negative stuff into existence
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Thinking about trading Danny Green right now is what bad franchises do.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

He's doing okay. We probably overpaid $15M a year for him but he was the best player available at his position. And you can't underestimate his championship experience.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
He's doing okay. We probably overpaid $15M a year for him but he was the best player available at his position. And you can't underestimate his championship experience.

This. He is a great fit for this team: Great D, quick hands, bbiq, no John Starks moments (he cuts to basket more when 3's not going etc.), dare to take big shots (although I do wish they would go in more often ).

Considering the timing, extremely extremely late thanks !@#&* Kawhi, and how he was the only worthy wing left, IMHO Lakers were LUCKY to get him. It's only 2 years and I think partly why we have to jack up the yearly rate.

Would I like him to step up? Yes, everyone, not just him. Trade him? No, no, no, NO!!! LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: