How good would this team have been if we had gotten Kawhi Leonard instead of depth?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How good would this team have been if we had gotten Kawhi Leonard instead of depth?
Much better than we are now.
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Significantly better
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Slightly better
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Around the same
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Slightly worse
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Somewhat worse
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Significantly worse
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 50

Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I would've signed Kawhi . . . but his health was always a concern for me.

We may have dodged a bullet.

The Clippers are the Angels of LA. Free agent signings have hype, but never pan out, like Langston to Pujols, etc. Even with Chris Paul, Griffin, and Deandre Jordan Just hype, no postseason success. Can’t wait to change the narrative Christmas Day.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

So it is basically DG+AB+MCGEE +cook+KCP for kawhi?
Who wouldn’t do that? I think we could get cook either way.
Losing KCP and AB would hurt. DG is non issue since kawhi plays SF.
Maybe Kultch can ask KCP to take a min deal.

Not sure if we win 20 games, but we’d have a much easier path to the championship
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
george w kush wrote:
I haven't watched much of Kawhi this season, but is he really as injured as he claims? I went on RealGm and several posters mentioned how he is hobbling his leg on the court.

The reason I question is Kawhi came into the season stating he was healthier than the season he went into Toronto. Then Doc Rivers said Kawahi said he never felt better. Then once they got all the backlash for this load management BS, suddenly Kawhi is hobbling his leg on the court. I have a conspiracy theory that he is not as injured as it seems and wants to take games off so he comes into the playoffs fresher then the other players due to all the time off.

Someone is clearly lying here.

He has a degenerative condition - he won't ever be right.

I keep wondering this myself. If his condition is degenerative, it could mean it’s worse than last year and even load management can’t save him.

Is his career finished as a star and we will never seen the Kawhi of old? Meaning the Clippers are screwed?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
drae wrote:
george w kush wrote:
I haven't watched much of Kawhi this season, but is he really as injured as he claims? I went on RealGm and several posters mentioned how he is hobbling his leg on the court.

The reason I question is Kawhi came into the season stating he was healthier than the season he went into Toronto. Then Doc Rivers said Kawahi said he never felt better. Then once they got all the backlash for this load management BS, suddenly Kawhi is hobbling his leg on the court. I have a conspiracy theory that he is not as injured as it seems and wants to take games off so he comes into the playoffs fresher then the other players due to all the time off.

He has a degenerative condition - he won't ever be right.

I keep wondering this myself. If his condition is degenerative, it could mean it’s worse than last year and even load management can’t save him.

Is his career finished as a star and we will never seen the Kawhi of old? Meaning the Clippers are screwed?

If it's degenerative, that means it will always get worse.

Load management isn't intended to save him. It's intended to slow down the degenerative process.

All that said, it isn't looking good for Kawhi. We might have gotten very lucky this offseason on a number of fronts.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
george w kush wrote:

After all the lying in free agency, definitely a possibly. Kawhi and his team are sneaky for sure.

Him and his team are full of it. Remember when Kawhi was trying to make up his mind between Clippers and Lakers? Then we hear this from Woj after the deal is done:

Quote:
In the latest episode of his ESPN podcast, Wojnarowski said George's agent had gone to OKC to request a trade to the Clippers, as his client was intent on playing with Leonard. The conversation reportedly took place prior to June 30, which suggests Leonard had already made up his mind about joining the Clippers before he had officially entered free agency.

Don't believe he is injured as it seems, if at all. If anyone else were playing this poorly, they would get shut down sometime before the season ends. Of course he will play thru it and magically crank it up once the playoffs start.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

Our chemistry would be (bleep)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Worse now. But probably better come playoff time.
Tough to say cause I don't know what players would've come here on the cheap to fill out the roster if Kawhi came.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

The Clippers are the Angels of LA. Free agent signings have hype, but never pan out, like Langston to Pujols, etc. Even with Chris Paul, Griffin, and Deandre Jordan Just hype, no postseason success. Can’t wait to change the narrative Christmas Day.

The Angels have also won the most recent World Series for the LA area. In the past 32 seasons, neither the Dodgers can claim that. So comparing them to the Clippers would be wrong. It’s also wrong that the Angels have the greatest baseball player to have ever lived and they can’t market him at all. The Clippers are way better in that Dept.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

We would be worse, but some of you all in here are still upset that he didn't come here, so y'all are talking down on him. The same people in here talking down on him, are the same people that was rooting for him to come. The same people that called for my head when I said we need to move on from Kawhi and go after depth, when he was taking his time to make a decision. I like that he didn't come because it balances out the league and I like competition. I also think we are better off with depth, oppose to having 3 power houses and a lack of depth.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

The Angels have also won the most recent World Series for the LA area. In the past 32 seasons, neither the Dodgers can claim that. So comparing them to the Clippers would be wrong. It’s also wrong that the Angels have the greatest baseball player to have ever lived and they can’t market him at all. The Clippers are way better in that Dept.

You think Trout is better than Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Hank Aaron, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, etc.?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

lakersken80 wrote:
See 2018-2019 Warriors if you want to see what happens when you have a team without depth.

We would be that bad now if we lost Lebron and AD.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

Outspoken wrote:
We would be worse, but some of you all in here are still upset that he didn't come here, so y'all are talking down on him. The same people in here talking down on him, are the same people that was rooting for him to come. The same people that called for my head when I said we need to move on from Kawhi and go after depth, when he was taking his time to make a decision. I like that he didn't come because it balances out the league and I like competition. I also think we are better off with depth, oppose to having 3 power houses and a lack of depth.

Come on, aren't you supposed to cheer for the Lakers and want them to win?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Tough to say cause I don't know what players would've come here on the cheap to fill out the roster if Kawhi came.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Is this really even a question? I'm guessing OP looked at Leonards stats before he created the thread, so I'm not sure why it was created. To sum it up, YES we are much better off without his poor stats and load management BS.

Honestly, I thought losing him to the Clippers was a huge loss but the other guys seem to be playing well.

Getting D Howard was the steal of the year. Imagine if we let this guy go to the Clippers? They have no shot blockers at all. He could have helped them tremendously.

The Clippers had no interest in Howard.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Would you trade Green + KCP + McGee for this year's Kawhi?

Our team is definitely a better regular season team, but it all comes down to health in May/June. Going the Kawhi route looks like a pretty big gamble at the moment. We'll never know how that would work out.

In a heartbeat.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

comparing them to the angels is a fact in the sense that both are guests in the lakers and dodgers town!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Would you trade Green + KCP + McGee for this year's Kawhi?

Our team is definitely a better regular season team, but it all comes down to health in May/June. Going the Kawhi route looks like a pretty big gamble at the moment. We'll never know how that would work out.

The question which needs to be asked is … can Kawhi survive the physical rigors of the Playoffs?

Current evidence suggests no

Playoffs in December?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Well, at the core of it, the debate is "is kawai injured, or just making his case for load management". Meaning, he's acting injured to justify games off to appease the league.

You know the dude's wierd enough. I could see him underperforming to get games off. If he's dropping 30 and 10, then takes the next game off, it'll look suspicious.

Which leads us to the next point. If he's really doing this, how can his teammates respect him for not giving his all every game?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

You think Trout is better than Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Hank Aaron, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, etc.?

Yes
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Is this really even a question? I'm guessing OP looked at Leonards stats before he created the thread, so I'm not sure why it was created. To sum it up, YES we are much better off without his poor stats and load management BS.

Honestly, I thought losing him to the Clippers was a huge loss but the other guys seem to be playing well.

Getting D Howard was the steal of the year. Imagine if we let this guy go to the Clippers? They have no shot blockers at all. He could have helped them tremendously.

The Clippers had no interest in Howard.

What a dumb front office they have.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Harrell is better
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

As others have said, we'd be worse in the regular season but better in the playoffs.

Personally I love the chemistry on this team, and as we've all seen as Laker fans, that can be enough to carry two superstars who fit like a glove to a championship. Kobe and Pau had guys like Odom, Ariza, Farmar, Shannon Brown, even Vujacic icing game 7 at the FT line. Kobe/Shaq had Horry, Shaw, Fisher, Fox, etc. The chemistry between our depth players and Lebron/AD has been huge this season. If it wasn't for our chemistry it wouldn't even be a question that we'd be far better with Kawhi. The only major flaw is playmaking when Lebron goes out. We need Rondo 100% for the playoffs.

If you play out this thought experiment and assume we signed Kawhi, the depth would be awful and chemistry with Kawhi in and out of the lineup would be a season long talking point. If you think the media attention on load management is bad now, just imagine if he were a Laker. That's a major distraction in the locker room for a team that already lacks depth. Clippers might have the deepest team in the league and they've been together for a while, so they can absorb it.

The bigger loss imo was Paul George, because it wouldn't have costed us anything but cap space. We could've still traded for AD. George would fit better as a 2nd/3rd guy and no long term injury scares. I'm ok with missing out on Kawhi. Still wish we were able to get him, but I feel much better about it today than I did in the summer with the way he looks physically and the way this team has come together.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Come on, aren't you supposed to cheer for the Lakers and want them to win?

I like to win, I like competing too. Steam rolling over teams isn't competing, isn't even fun to watch. I like the Lakers, but I also like the game of basketball. Balancing out the game, makes for a more enjoyable game to watch, even being a Laker fan. Also, winning it all in this sense is more meaningful and getting depth puts the team in a better position to be successful. So essentially, it is wanting the team to win.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

My guess is if Kawhi came we would have

Daniels and Dudley since they committed before Kawhi decision
cousins because he wanted to followed AD and he be injuried.

Howard probably still

Noah would be my guess of backup center

Bradley because we still have the exception

Kuzma.

Not green, not McGee,

Rondo i think still because he got vet min.

The major issues of not having green and McGee is we would have Howard who can’t play heavy minutes at center anD Noah would suck. And green has played a good role in today’s team with spreading the floor and his defense.

I would say Kawhi would makeup for that defense but it seems his defense his declined this year
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

If he played for the Dodgers, Yankees, or Red Sox Trout would be considered a living GOAT.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: