5 Turnovers in the third quarter by Kobe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: 5 Turnovers in the third quarter by Kobe

That's got to be some kind of Laker record.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

hes getting MALOWEND.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Oh, if only he had better teammates to make things easier for him...

Maybe this summer.

Maybe 2007.

Maybe 2008.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Well, thank god his teammates are picking up the slack. Odom is doing a great job with the assists and Smush is helping out too.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Well, thank god his teammates are picking up the slack. Odom is doing a great job with the assists and Smush is helping out too.

How about LO pick up the slack by friggin scoring
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

how does cook only take 3 shots
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I was more upset by Smush's TOs. He was playing dumb. Walking the ball after Turiaf got the rebound to get a 10 second violation. Getting the ball stolen when he should have called a time out.

The only thing Kobe did wrong was playing defense like like a stiff. He should shut Mobley down.
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

well Kobe either played D with his hands in his pocket or like a safety.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Hard to shut anyone down when you're carrying 4 other guys on your back offensively...
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
Hard to shut anyone down when you're carrying 4 other guys on your back offensively...

Defense facilitates offense. That's why defense would have helped this team a lot more than offense in this game.
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:

Defense facilitates offense. That's why defense would have helped this team a lot more than offense in this game.

not this team... not saying defense wouldn't help, or that only offense is needed, but man this team can really suck balls sometimes. u need a "team" to play defense not just 1 man
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

methticaL wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:

not this team... not saying defense wouldn't help, or that only offense is needed, but man this team can really suck balls sometimes. u need a "team" to play defense not just 1 man

I didn't mean for Kobe to be the only guy playing defense. I expect the entire team to play it. But when fans make excuses for Kobe's lack of D, they need to be called on it.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

In reply to the thread title: Yea, when it's 5 on 1, that kinda happens.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I can see the pattern clearly, when other guys on the team steps up, Kobe is at his best. But so far this year, there's been too many games where the team just can't do jack. LO once in a while will have games where he score just a few points the whole half and nothing would fall, then the guy goes into a shell and disappear. Kwame is Kwame and starts bricking layups and fumbling the ball out of bounds. Smush plays like the guy who's been cut by 3 teams and just plays brain dead ball. When that happens, Kobe feel the need to take over and starts doing too much. Many times, he actually brings the team close, but ultimately too many one on ones and wild shots result in losses. It's a two edge sword, anyone seriously think that if Kobe didn't take over and start launching, the Lakers would even stay in this game? The Clips would've blown us up before the half if Kobe didn't get off.
Again, I hate to bash Mitch again but with all the draft picks and MLE signings and trades, going into this season a walk on journeyman name Smush beats out everyone to become the starting PG. If that's not an indictment on the GM I don't know what is.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
methticaL wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:

I didn't mean for Kobe to be the only guy playing defense. I expect the entire team to play it. But when fans make excuses for Kobe's lack of D, they need to be called on it.

Dude it's 1 on 5 out there. It's a miracle that Kobe even kept the team in the game in the first half. Nobody besides could even score in the 1st quarter.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
methticaL wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:

Dude it's 1 on 5 out there. It's a miracle that Kobe even kept the team in the game in the first half. Nobody besides could even score in the 1st quarter.

Stop using that as an excuse. The whole team sucked on D. Kobe sucked on D. The fact that he doesn't have help on the offensive side shouldn't excuse for porous D.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Sidious wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
methticaL wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:

Stop using that as an excuse. The whole team sucked on D. Kobe sucked on D. The fact that he doesn't have help on the offensive side shouldn't excuse for porous D.

2 steals and defensive pressure on Cassell and other Clipper guards makes Kobe suck on D? High expectations I see.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Kobe seems tired to me. Both physically and mentally. There have been too many games this year (and last) when he has had (and tried) to do too much. Games like tonight's where the rest of the team simply disappears -- oh, boy.

A tired player commits TO's.

I didn't think it was very good coaching for Phil to keep Kobe out there in the 4th when this game was a foregone conclusion. Seemed rather harsh on the one player who bothered to show up.

SGH
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
Oh, if only he had better teammates to make things easier for him...

Maybe this summer.

Maybe 2007.

Maybe 2008.

Maybe after they fire Mitch
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject:

Oh yeh i forgot to add...

DO IT MITCH!!!

Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Sidious wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
methticaL wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:

I'm not using anything as an excuse. Kobe had to make 30 foot 3 pointers and fadeaways with 2 hands in his face just to keep the team in the game in the first half because nobody else bothered to even show up. Sorry I'm not gonna fault the guy for not playing flawless defense on top of that. The point is he's being asked to do too much.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
I was more upset by Smush's TOs. He was playing dumb. Walking the ball after Turiaf got the rebound to get a 10 second violation. Getting the ball stolen when he should have called a time out.

The only thing Kobe did wrong was playing defense like like a stiff. He should shut Mobley down.

still that was a BS call, the shot clock is not supposed to start until a team has possesion, turiaf clearly did not have possesion of that ball for 4-5 seconds, though the clock had already started.

maybe not such a good excuse cuz Smush shouldn't have taken that chance, still...BS call.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

Smush is a moron, he's one of those NY players that are brain dead. I saw that 8 second violation coming from a mile away. He did the same thing in the Miami game. There's no excuse for that, the guy is just walking the ball up the (bleep) court. All he has to do is jog to the line.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:

Now I see that Why Larry Brown cut Smush citing he's a turnover machine.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

Ehh ...

One game.

We should have lost this one.

Back to back against a team that actually thinks there's a LA rivalry. They take that sort of game very seriously.

Did any of you guys really expect these guys to have a great game on a back to back ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: