Clippers to the Lakers; Who's your Daddy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

Clippers (since 84 when they moved to L.A.):

0 Division Titles
2 Playoff Appearances
0 NBA Titles

Yet people still try to make it seem like the Clippers are aw so godly when they are having a better season than the Lakers who is in a rebuilding stage since they decided to trade away Shaquille.

Have your fun while it lasts Clippers, which won't be long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

The Clippers are 3.5 games ahead of the Lakers and all of a sudden they think they are a dynasty, making cocky and arrogant remarks. Show me you rings and banners and then will talk.
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

mm708 wrote:
The Clippers are 3.5 games ahead of the Lakers and all of a sudden they think they are a dynasty, making cocky and arrogant remarks. Show me you rings and banners and then will talk.

Well as proud as I am of all of our Lakers past championships it is exactly that. THE PAST. Which means squat in 2006. It's all about the here and know and the here and know isn't looking all that promising. When people start listing all of the past accomplishments you know it's getting bad. It kind of reminds me of the old guy at the barber shop that keeps telling the story of his glory days. It' s what have you done for me lately and as far as the Lakers are concerned, well do I even have to state the answer?
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject:

If I kick your ass today and knock your teeth out.. will pointing to the past fix your teeth and your pride?

We got our asses kicked and Phil has truly lost his touch.. not saying he can't find it again.. but we got (bleep)
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
If I kick your ass today and knock your teeth out.. will pointing to the past fix your teeth and your pride?

We got our asses kicked and Phil has truly lost his touch.. not saying he can't find it again.. but we got (bleep)

TREY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you brotha!! My point exactly you just simply put in a more understandable way.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

PurpleHayz wrote:
Trey wrote:

TREY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you brotha!! My point exactly you just simply put in a more understandable way.

You're Welcome

Yep.. getting beat down like that really hurts..

Magette was not playing

Caveman was out too

and who were we missing -- Slava and McKie?
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

PurpleHayz wrote:
mm708 wrote:

Well as proud as I am of all of our Lakers past championships it is exactly that. THE PAST. Which means squat in 2006. It's all about the here and know and the here and know isn't looking all that promising. When people start listing all of the past accomplishments you know it's getting bad. It kind of reminds me of the old guy at the barber shop that keeps telling the story of his glory days. It' s what have you done for me lately and as far as the Lakers are concerned, well do I even have to state the answer?

I don't really need to hear Steve Hartman quotes here to realize the Lakers are just not that good this year. Look at the roster. Outside of Kobe, we're in trouble. Lamar @ seven years in is just an average player that would probably do much better on a team where less is expected of him, or a team that has a few franchise guys already. Some nights he looks like an all star, other nights like a second year man.
Kwame,bust....Luke,Sasha,Deaven,Smush, are you freakin kidding me?
Most of them would be buried on someones bench.
I AM worried about what Lakers mangement is doing RIGHT NOW to put guys around Kobe in his prime. It's embarrassing.
It is totally unacceptable to see this team, this franchise having another year that may rival the last horrific one.
But the PAST is important. It's history. It's what you're striving to create for crying out loud. That's what gives you pride in your team. It's how you'll be remembered. It's because of that history that the current state of affairs makes you sick. I agree that you can't live off that, but Clipper fan celebrating a better record than the Lakers right now is exactly why they are Clipper fan. They better have more wins. They have a better roster.
No Rings though. Last time I checked, that's what counts.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

You think the Clippers would be interested in a summer trade of Lamar Odom for Corey Maggette and Sam Cassell?
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I dont give a (bleep) if the Clippers have a better team than we do, we went down like sum punk ass (bleep) last night, period. The Clippers SODOMIZED us last night on friggin National TV and we just layed there. This team has no (bleep) balls or pride sans Kobe, were soft. And the General aka Phil practically waved the white flag in the 3rd. The Clips went on like a 17 nothing run before he finally decided to call a time out? smh. We got another game vs the Clips, lets see how the Lakers respond. The Clippers threw down the Gauntlet last night.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

clippers are the superior team now..things will remain the same until we get real players..elton brand abused kwame's "good" Defense :roll:
Crazy LA Fan9
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

I feel bad for the Lakers
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

AB means father in some languages. The new daddy is on the way.
Gail Goodrich
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: who cares

Maybe the Clippers are satisfied being a 2nd tier team but the Lakers management and fans are used to winning championships so does it really matter if you're in 5th or eighth place in the west? The Lakers goal is to become a championship team again and if that means biting the bullet for a year or two until you can get cap space to rebuild to that level then I'm willing to wait. The Clippers are and always will be Laker wannabes.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

it is pathetic... sad day in laker land, but im still a fan, if anyone questions that..
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

To all of the Clipper fans in this thread, (bleep) off and die. You know who I'm talking about.

^^ Farmar

angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Next year, look for improvements in the Lakers power players. The balance will shift once again.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

PurpleHayz wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
lol why are you suprised? Theyve had a better record than us all season.

Who cares about their record? The Lakers should NEVER lose to the Clippers period.

In January 2003, the Clippers beat the Lakers 95-90. That was also the same year the Lakers won their third consecutive NBA championship for the first time since the team moved to Los Angeles.

And that was when we had Shaq, Fox, Fischer, Horry, George, etc. And before the Clippers had Cassell, Mobely, Livingston or Radmanovich.

Please stop acting like this is the first time in NBA history that the Clippers beat the Lakers, or that the Lakers are doomed for all eternity because it happened.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

throughout their history in LA, for the clippers, the season series against the lakers has been their equivalent of the NBA finals, 'cuz winning the season series for them is like winning a championship.

fine, whatever. as i said, the next team to celebrate an NBA championship in LA will be the Lakers. in fact, the ONLY team to celebrate an NBA championship in LA ever will be the Lakers.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject:

Losing to the Clippers is an annual event. We often split the series with them.

Getting raped and pillaged by the Clippers is not an exceptable event at anytime in my existence. This is sickening.

The team make up of the Lakers is terrible. I didn't feel this way until last night, but I am an official fire Mitch man now. I understand rebuilding. I don't understand a team that has no heart and energy.

Embarrasing.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

It's just the truth right now. the Clippers are a better team, and have more and better players, especially in the top 7. Once Mags is back at full strength, they will contend for the conference championship. The Lakers are in a holding pattern until they make their next big acquisition. This year is more about getting the players used to playing the tri. It takes more than Kobe and Mihm scoring 12 points (as the second highest scorer) to beat a playoff bound team. The Lakers are my team, but they are not ready for prime time, for probably another 2 years. We would probably ahve trouble beating UCLA most nights right now, let alone the Clippers.
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers to the Lakers; Who's your Daddy?

PurpleHayz wrote:
Wow this is really depressing and hard to even comprehend but the Clippers own us!! How can we just let Elton Brand clown our bench the way he did? Somebody should've put him on his ass!! In our championship years Foxy would've dropped him for sure... Today is a sad day to be a Laker fan imo...

Yeah it is, The clippers are a good team granted and playing better than us right now, but they should shut their traps and play ball. Their idiots if they think they 'own' the lakers and this town, until they win one title they will never and should never be compared to the lakers. What have they been doing for the past twenty-five years? they've been a laughingstock of the league while the lakers have been winning championships.

that being said, yes, Brand deserved to be flattened in that game, unfortunately the lakers don't have an enforcer. One of our many problems right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: