Forget trying to set up other players early, Kobe needs to attack from the start!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Forget trying to set up other players early, Kobe needs to attack from the start!

He needs to start the game by sending a message that he's in attack mode. By the time he turned it on it was too late!

Oh and (bleep) Francis' gay lover. He should have fouled out in the first half.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

But...but...but...what about his teammates?

Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Nope, that's the worst idea ever. Kobe's role is fine the way it is right now.
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Zev in a way I agree with what you are saying but when Kobe does this the other players just zone out. This game against the Clippers tonight is a perfect example. Kobe came out gunning trying to battle Cat Mobley and the other players went into spectator mode. Once they go there in a game it's almost impossible to get them back.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Forget trying to set up other players early, Kobe needs to attack from the start!

uberzev wrote:
He needs to start the game by sending a message that he's in attack mode. By the time he turned it on it was too late!

Oh and (bleep) Francis' gay lover. He should have fouled out in the first half.

Sorry -- the NBA learned how to stop that strategy -- with this strategy Kobe has to score 50+ every night -- all the opposing teams have to do is collapse on Kobe early about the 2nd quarter -- and by then Kobe's team mates are colder than ice -- when Kobe passes out of the collapsing defense his team mates thank Kobe by clanking the rim.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

PurpleHayz wrote:
Zev in a way I agree with what you are saying but when Kobe does this the other players just zone out. This game against the Clippers tonight is a perfect example. Kobe came out gunning trying to battle Cat Mobley and the other players went into spectator mode. Once they go there in a game it's almost impossible to get them back.

That's not true. Kobe only took one shot at the 11:05 mark of the first quarter. He didn't take any shots until getting to the line at the 5:44 mark with the Clippers leading 12-1.
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:
PurpleHayz wrote:

That's not true. Kobe only took one shot at the 11:05 mark of the first quarter. He didn't take any shots until getting to the line at the 5:44 mark with the Clippers leading 12-1.

Well Supa I don't remember the exact amount of shots and the exact time Kobe put up early in the game but I do know that he didn't appeart to be setting the table for the other guys like he did from the get go againt the Queens.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I posted this in the game thread, but its dead so I'll post it here too. here is my $.02:

First, I think Phil should've gotten Kobe some rest at the 5:30 mark of the 3rd and instead put another big in. Switch the defensive assignments. I saw what was going to happen. A fresher guy on Mobley (tired Kobe got abused) and another big would've prevented that run. Bring Kobe back at the 2:30 mark and let him finish the game.

Second, start Sasha. I'm serious. Smush is just the worst when it comes to moving his feet. Sasha at least has sense enough to stay in front of his man. Also, Sasha isn't brain dead. No concentration on Smush's part. 8 second violation is unacceptable. Down by 3, and we get a steal and he decides to run a 1-5 break and shoot a corner 18 footer. And a stand still travel. So Smush should sit until he starts playing fundamentally.

Third, never start the game by going into Mihm until he is 100%. We can't afford to get off the ground sluggish. Kobe, Lamar, and George need to start using their athleticism to get to the basket. Lamar needs to concentrate and hit the layups. Also, Lamar needs to use his speed to isolate. I don't understand why he is so passive. It hurts the team.

Fourth, forget about Kobe talking. If you have the open shot, shoot it. Stop hesitating. Just shoot it up. Stopping messes up the Rhythm. Happened like 6 or 7 times tonight.

Fifth, stop trying to make Kwame an offensive threat by posting him up. Let him get his points by hustling and getting Orebs. Throw him a lob every once and a while cause those are the only passes he catches. A entry pass to Kwame is a guaranteed turnover or missed shot.

I can't really think of anything else right now. I'm not trying to preach, but I would also like to see effort. And if you're tired, get a conditioning regimen. There's no excuse for guys like kwame, smush, mihm to look fatigued.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

One of the major problems I see is the fact that the Lakers are a Kobe high wire act with no net at the bottom. Kobe is superman for this team almost every night, win or lose. But when Kobe has a kryptonite moment like in the 3rd quarter, there is no one to step in and have his back.

This is why I am so through with Lamar. More than the numbers, more than the inconsistency, he is unable to step in and help Kobe when he needs help. In those dire moments, Lamar shrinks faster than everyone, and he's the one that needs to step in and pick up some slack.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Lamar Sucks. Bye.
I cringed when Odum hesitated and took that three pointer towards the end, He knew it wasn't going in and so did.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Forget the other players completely.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: