SAS: "Nobody fears the Lakers, players around the Leauge say they're Soft"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

My new team nick name is the Quiet Storm.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

ME: "Nobody hears SAS, listeners around the world say he's Trash!"
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The soft comments are related to the team’s leader. Lebron is a great player and I have been a fan since he first took the Cavs to the Finals. But he doesn’t stand up to the heat. Showing up to the press conference in a fake cast after losing a series and throwing other players under the bus after losing others. Our window is short and I hope he can get us another title but if not, watch the blame go to Pelinka, not Lebron.

Teflon ‘Bron

I think Laker fans (and some local media) are different and won't let him slide without taking responsibility, unlike every other situation he's been in.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The soft comments are related to the team’s leader. Lebron is a great player and I have been a fan since he first took the Cavs to the Finals. But he doesn’t stand up to the heat. Showing up to the press conference in a fake cast after losing a series and throwing other players under the bus after losing others. Our window is short and I hope he can get us another title but if not, watch the blame go to Pelinka, not Lebron.

Teflon ‘Bron

I think Laker fans (and some local media) are different and won't let him slide without taking responsibility, unlike every other situation he's been in.

First time for everything, right?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Time to include in this thread a quote from Avatar’s Colonel Quaritch:

Quote:
This low gravity'll make you soft. And when you get soft, Pandora will eat you and $#!t you out dead with zero warning.

(Link below has the video, expletive unedited, impact much better than whats written here):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3f6GNzY7I54
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Dude said we should trade Kyle Kuzma for Devin Booker. He doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Dude said we should trade Kyle Kuzma for Devin Booker. He doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously.

To be clear, Devin Booker is a lot better than Kuz.
Is that what you were saying?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

To be clear, Devin Booker is a lot better than Kuz.
Is that what you were saying?

I’m saying that there’s a 0% chance of this trade ever happening and the only reason he said it is to get clicks.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
there is "some" truth to this, if i can say that without causing flames. when guys like pat bev are blocking lebron on game winners and when lebron dribbles the ball off his foot etc on key plays in crunch time, these are things to be somewhat worried about. this is ONLY a problem in playoff games, not rs games. but to me it seems like it would be the main reason why we would lose in the playoffs. this will come off as hating on lebron, but thats what he does a lot. now, sometimes he does fine, but hes not reliable. there are many many many plays in tight games where he is taking long bombs or passing in a way that is basically turning the ball over, and he is getting blocked on drives and fumbling and bumbling. he gets a long three once in a while and sometimes the refs give him fts, but its super not reliable (go and remember kobe times). that's what i worry about, and most teams seem to know this also and for sure will know in those games.

its easy to "fix" in that just let rondo make those decisions, and use ad in better ways. but i do worry about being down 5 in a playoff game and lebron making these decisions.

I read your post with an open mind. In terms of what you pointed out, the gist of what I perceive about LeBron at this stage of his career, is you'll have more and more of those moments as he ages. Overall, he's handling the ball well, but he's also handling the ball a hell of alot, and that's why one of the hottest topics is the need for an additional ball handler.

The less he handles the ball, in terms of bringing it up every time, the less the defense can press him, and wear him down. If they can, the FO will bring in another competent ball handler (perhaps Collison), who can not only bring the ball up with or without pressure, but a player who can also reliably shoot the ball.

thanks for a thoughtful reply.
for him to do what you say about wearing him down (although i don't think he is worn down, its just a fundamental lack of ability), he needs to not be controlling the ball so much, which means he won't get his stats. SO would he do that? maybe in the playoffs when it comes time. what's going to happen when he takes a long bomb, we're down 2, and a few seconds later we're down 5? that's what i fear is the likely scenario. or he'll scope the play for like 10-15s, then make a rushed pass to kcp or green in the corner, who have to reach or recover from the most likely non-optimal pass and rush a three. these are bad plays. the only benefit is it give lebron the opportunity to make the decision to be the hero, and also gives him a chance to get an assist, but it is not anywhere near the best play we could have. corner threes in crunch time is not our strength. and to rely on that or something similar is going to be bad. this is my fear. and green, kcp, other shooters will be blamed if they miss. but our real strength is our bigs, and i don't really see us using them in these kinds of situations. and i don't know what the best thing is, i just feel this will backfire. and specifically, it is going to look like bricks from lebron, and fumbles and bad passes from lebron ultimately.

yesterday's game, the 2nd half, he did much better. but if you notice with him, he does well with big leads and not so good trying to claw back. and in the playoffs it will be different, we won't always have big leads.

what SAS is saying here in other words, which i sort of agree with is...when the crunch time comes in the playoffs, teams and players feel like they can step it up and beat us. and it's because of lebron. guys like pat bev think they can block him or cause him to screw up (like kawhi does to him). or whatever...they feel they can affect him. this is different from kobe, very different....teams and players were scared of what he could do no matter what, and kobe did do those things. who is that guy on our team? it's like AD, but we don't use him that way....he's still lebron's role player. is it a good idea to make AD #1 and lebron #2? i don't even know that yet, let's see it first. so many questions, but all i really wanted to say is SAS has a point here and you can see it in the way certain teams treat lebron and defend him etc, especially in our losses like to the clipps.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Come playoff time, LeBron is going to punish everybody. Last nite, we saw a 5min glimpses so we don't forget.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Come playoff time, LeBron is going to punish everybody. Last nite, we saw a 5min glimpses so we don't forget.

lebron does fine when the team is rolling, ie, we have big leads and there's room for errors. then he can drive carelessly or launch bombs and make it once in a while. but in the playoffs (and we saw in the big games like clipps, bucks, raptors) it was not the case. it is relatively easy to stifle him and sort of shut him down. so then what? we need a way to claw back from 5 points down against a good team with no room for error. the way we are going, we are relying on lebron driving and kicking, or being the hero. but his heroic skills are nowhere near where they need to be to win a ring IMO. doesn't mean we can't or we wont, but its a gamble to rely on that as our strategy when we have better alternatives. we are still under utilizing our bigs, which IMO is our real strength. I don't know the answer here, I'm just saying i don't think what we've seen is going to work ultimately.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
lakerican wrote:

lebron does fine when the team is rolling, ie, we have big leads and there's room for errors. then he can drive carelessly or launch bombs and make it once in a while. but in the playoffs (and we saw in the big games like clipps, bucks, raptors) it was not the case. it is relatively easy to stifle him and sort of shut him down. so then what? we need a way to claw back from 5 points down against a good team with no room for error. the way we are going, we are relying on lebron driving and kicking, or being the hero. but his heroic skills are nowhere near where they need to be to win a ring IMO. doesn't mean we can't or we wont, but its a gamble to rely on that as our strategy when we have better alternatives. we are still under utilizing our bigs, which IMO is our real strength. I don't know the answer here, I'm just saying i don't think what we've seen is going to work ultimately.

Hello, did you forget when he was down 1-3 in the finals and still won?. How about down 2-3 against Celtics and they needed a win? He seldomly had an error on that game and almost all his shots went in. Lebron always perform better when his back is against the wall. Proof of that is he has the highest average points during Elimination games.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Hello, did you forget when he was down 1-3 in the finals and still won?. How about down 2-3 against Celtics and they needed a win? He seldomly had an error on that game and almost all his shots went in. Lebron always perform better when his back is against the wall. Proof of that is he has the highest average points during Elimination games.

He absolutely does not always perform better when his back is against the wall.
Are you for real? For every example you can cite when he met the challenge there are double the amount of when he couldn’t come through when it mattered most. It is what it is
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
He absolutely does not perform better when his back is against the wall.
Are you for real? For every example you can cite when he met the challenge there are double the amount of when he couldn’t come through when it mattered most. It is what it is

* Earl Smith, Jr.
* Matthew Dellavedova
* Mo Williams
* Timofey Mozgov
* Dahntay Jones
* Channing Frye
* Iman Shumpert
* James Jones
* Tristan Thompson

Were his key reserves when he had an NBA Finals Game 7 Triple Double, leading everyone with 2 steals and 3 blocks and putting up a team high 27 points as the CAVS overcame a 3 games to 1 deficit to win the NBA Championship against a 73 win team.

Dude has dragged the sick, lame & crazy to the Finals over the years.

Jerry West was 1 for 9 in the Finals - did he fail to meet the challenge?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

since we have that other kobe vs lebron thread, i really wasn't trying to get into a debate of is he good enough for something or not. what i am saying is very specific and not about bashing lebron or what he's done in the past.

this is what I'm saying, directly related to the topic here, which is teams are not really worried about us. well, who are these teams? contenders. the non-contenders don't matter because they wouldn't care about this subject. they are not going to be in the finals. NOw, the teams we are likely to meet in the playoffs:
Clipps
Toronto
Bucks

we've had highly anticipated matchups vs these teams, and we've lost. go back and watch what happened very carefully, and look what lebron is doing. instead of just seeing the missed shots by our role players, watch what he is doing, and see if that looks like the kind of thing that will win. there are many examples in these games. what happens, the way i see it, and i think others are seeing it here (again, don't argue about lebron being good or not)...what is happening is these good teams are able to shut him down when it matters. so he'll get his good RS stats and we will get lots of wins vs the league, but against these teams (especially the clipps which we've seen twice now), they can stifle lebron. and so, i don't think relying on lebron to be the hero is going to work. we don't really have that hero right now. I think AD is spectacular, but he is not being used as the hero right now. THat may not be the right thing to do anyway. But definitely lebron seems to be *easy* to shut down and stifle. he is dribbling the ball off his legs, fumbling IMPORTANT plays away, bricking tough shots. Even his passes are not good enough to put our shooters in a great spot. stop looking at stats and look at what is happening. shooters feed off of momentum, and when lebron (the #1 guy hero) is not doing great, those shots likely will not fall. his passes to them are of the desparate nature, not strategic. those guys might be able to do other things besides stand in the corner waiting for a desperate 3. our season will hang on these shots. You can see all this, just watch the last 5 minutes of those games we have lost.

so what do we do? i don't know, but it seems risky to act as if lebron is going to be kobe in all these important playoff games. so we have to do something else, not like a kobe team, like another kind of team. our bigs...they are the secret ingredient. what are we doing about that? we can do very strange thing if we could think outside the box of stats etc...but im not sure what it is. sometimes i think we should just do lots of drives and take any open shots, percentages be damned, and let the bigs cleanup on putbacks, dunks, rebounds. we can do things like that, but the stats will get ruined, but so what? we need to take advantage of these bigs, we may never have it again like this. but so far, in important moments, its all lebron, and he does not deliver very well.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I always love when people use Lebron's Finals record to argue against him. I guess he shouldn't have dragged god awful teams to the Finals in 2007 and 2018? Should've just lost in the 1st round? Would've been better?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I always love when people use Lebron's Finals record to argue against him. I guess he shouldn't have dragged god awful teams to the Finals in 2007 and 2018? Should've just lost in the 1st round? Would've been better?

This is why I always thought that his finals record being held against him as a negative was kinda humorous. Lebron was favored three times in his nine trips to the finals. He won three championships.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

who cares about his record? let's see what he does as a laker this year. records have a lot more to do with a whole lot of other factors than just x player is better than y. but i swear, if he starts fumbling balls around in important playoff games this year, nobody better be talking about his past records and such and ignoring that.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

For them, losing in the first round or not being in the playoffs is better than losing in the finals. Lmfao. How stupid was that?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

If ever Lebrons record became 6-6 (3-0 for the Lakers), this mofos will gomna say that 6-0 is still better. How can it be better when he have 6 more finals appearance. But guess what with this stupid narrative being perfect in the finals is still better
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I still think that Jerry West 1-9 record is still better than Dirk's 1-1 because of 8 more finals appearances.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
who cares about his record? let's see what he does as a laker this year. records have a lot more to do with a whole lot of other factors than just x player is better than y. but i swear, if he starts fumbling balls around in important playoff games this year, nobody better be talking about his past records and such and ignoring that.

It's like you are saying that Lebron should be perfect every game. LMFAO. Is there any player like that? Even Jordan choked vs Shaq's Magic. Kobe 6/24 in Game 7 finals. Com'on kid stop nitpicking. And better go back to the Kobe vs Lebron thread where you belong. Leave this thread to those who have higher logic.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Yall should be careful when citing 2016. The Warriors didn't have a competent scorer off the dribble once their shooters were stifled. Steph Curry had an all-time-worst stinker of a series by his standards. Game 7 was an abomination for him. Harrison Barnes had wide open corner 3's and would miss like 5 in a row. And let's not forget Lebron baiting Draymond and then the Cavs whining to the league office to suspend him for Game 5. They got in the Warriors' heads completely.

Also, it was 4 years ago.

The Clippers have 3 guys who can get their shot off-the-dribble, in unconventional situations. In-between dudes. Three 3-level scorers. That's all you need in the playoffs: tough shot-makers when you get them out of their spots, and a competent supporting cast.

Who else in the playoffs has 1 of those players, let alone 3? The strength-in-numbers Warriors traded in their numbers for one of those after 2016.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Yall should be careful when citing 2016. The Warriors didn't have a competent scorer off the dribble once their shooters were stifled. Steph Curry had an all-time-worst stinker of a series by his standards. Game 7 was an abomination for him. Harrison Barnes had wide open corner 3's and would miss like 5 in a row. And let's not forget Lebron baiting Draymond and then the Cavs whining to the league office to suspend him for Game 5. They got in the Warriors' heads completely.

The Clippers have 3 guys who can get their shot off-the-dribble, in unconventional situations. In-between dudes. Three 3-level scorers. That's all you need in the playoffs: tough shot-makers when you get them out of their spots, and a competent supporting cast.

Who else in the playoffs has 1 of those players, let alone 3? The strength-in-numbers Warriors traded in their numbers for one of those after 2016.

Stop drinking coffee and just enjoy the ride. You have too much fear of the struggling Clippers.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
levon wrote:

Stop drinking coffee and just enjoy the ride. You have too much fear of the struggling Clippers.

I am enjoying this, a lot. Part of my enjoyment has been being realistic about expectations and then being surprised when the team overcomes them. I just think it's going to take a Herculean effort to win the title this year, and I think it's going to have to come from AD. He needs two go up two gears if we're gonna get #17.

I'm just saying drawing lessons from the 2016 series is a little unwise. Dudes aren't going to be getting fazed, getting suspended from balltaps, or throwing behind the back passes out of bounds at the end of the 4th. That series was the exception, not the rule.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: