Possibly(probably) dumb car tinting question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Possibly(probably) dumb car tinting question

I had my car windows tinted about 3 weeks ago with Llumar IRX 35%. Shop told me he didn't want to do the front because many shops have fried the model 3's electronics attempting to tint the windshield. Found a shop who was well versed in doing it. Well I chose 3M Crystalline 50% and I notice that the hue is brown vs the llumar tint which is charcoal/blue-ish. This was a very dumb and expensive oversight by me. The performance is great but my OCD is killing me. Its like looking at 2 earths, one through the side windows and a different through the windshield.

My question is does the tint lighten from the inside after the curing process? If i were to replace it would there be any issues? Man I'm gonna look so dumb going back to the shop to replace a 400 dollar tint. Had it done at OC Tint Shop in irvine.

Updated with picture: Side windows are cured, front is not yet(only 2 days)

https://i.imgur.com/5ZCWV3R.jpg
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: