In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 131, 132, 133  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53389

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
danzag wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:
Pau Gasol reflects on the loss of his ‘brother,’ Kobe Bryant


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d9IjRSUCI


Gasol is a class act. Kobe was supposed to speak at his jersey retirement ceremony


https://twitter.com/GoldenKnightGFX/status/1228461134832816129

I just came across the video above. Kobe talks about looking forward to the day Pau gets his jersey retired next to his.

Not to derail the thread, but can not believe it is even a question as to Pau getting his jersey retired. Kobe said it right there. The guy was an all-star 2nd option on 3 Finals, 2 ring teams. No titles without Pau joining Kobe. He is going into the HOF, and has been an international star.

And yep, not having Kobe be at his own HOF induction, not having Kobe at Paus jersey retirement. These are all things that will be so difficult, man. Just not fair Kobe misses those important basketball moments. He deserved to be there for all of them. Ugh.
_________________
26-1-2020
Never forgotten
Mamba mentality will live on forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 7927

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
eureca wrote:
danzag wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:
Pau Gasol reflects on the loss of his ‘brother,’ Kobe Bryant


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d9IjRSUCI


Gasol is a class act. Kobe was supposed to speak at his jersey retirement ceremony


https://twitter.com/GoldenKnightGFX/status/1228461134832816129

I just came across the video above. Kobe talks about looking forward to the day Pau gets his jersey retired next to his.

Not to derail the thread, but can not believe it is even a question as to Pau getting his jersey retired. Kobe said it right there. The guy was an all-star 2nd option on 3 Finals, 2 ring teams. No titles without Pau joining Kobe. He is going into the HOF, and has been an international star.

And yep, not having Kobe be at his own HOF induction, not having Kobe at Paus jersey retirement. These are all things that will be so difficult, man. Just not fair Kobe misses those important basketball moments. He deserved to be there for all of them. Ugh.


Since the day Kobe retired I have been so eager to hear his hall of fame speech and all the wisdom, motivation, and passion it would contain.

Still cannot believe this is real. 😞
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 965

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

^I was looking forward to this years HOF ceremony. It's a special class and I was looking forward to seeing Jordan and another HOFer (possible Jerry) escort him on stage. Now, it's too damn bittersweet. I'm not sure if I will watch it at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33627

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobe and Gigi's resting place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8001629/This-Kobe-Bryant-Gianna-laid-rest-private-burial-lot.html

Pardon my ignorance, but in reading the article, this burial site is supposed to be private. Why then did Daily Mail decide to publish this article stating the location of the burial site and with photographs included? How did they even gain access and knowledge of this site if Vanessa and family wanted to keep this private?

This article seems totally disrespectful and inappropriate given his family's wishes.

Also what's up with publishing Kobe's death certificate for the public to see? Isn't that private information?


It probably wouldn't be hard to figure out once you find out which cemetary they were buried at. Also death certificates aren't private information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9060
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I will watch Ben Hong play Hallelujah on the cello while Kobe imparts his wisdom on us for the rest of my life. The most powerful piece of art I have ever seen. Thank you to the Lakers for being a 1st class organization and remembering Kobe the right way.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
strong9
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Posts: 1200
Location: so many places

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobe and Gigi's resting place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8001629/This-Kobe-Bryant-Gianna-laid-rest-private-burial-lot.html

Pardon my ignorance, but in reading the article, this burial site is supposed to be private. Why then did Daily Mail decide to publish this article stating the location of the burial site and with photographs included? How did they even gain access and knowledge of this site if Vanessa and family wanted to keep this private?

This article seems totally disrespectful and inappropriate given his family's wishes.

Also what's up with publishing Kobe's death certificate for the public to see? Isn't that private information?


It probably wouldn't be hard to figure out once you find out which cemetary they were buried at. Also death certificates aren't private information.


It is the dailymail...the "d" stands for disrespectful. They are a tabloid rag pretending to be a real paper. Always have been.
_________________
"If Kobe says f everybody, then f everybody"

- Mambamentality 24/8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9370

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Third week since his passing...it's been crazy. Media went from #girldad to Gayle King. Fans have started resorting to pettiness again. Analysts back to dropping him in their all time rankings. Didn't take too long for all that to occur.

That's why this is my first source right here, because there's never been more fan love shown to Kobe then at LG. No matter what BS we've been fed, we stick together for the most part. Miss you Kobe and Gigi, wish you were here with us right now.
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33627

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Third week since his passing...it's been crazy. Media went from #girldad to Gayle King. Fans have started resorting to pettiness again. Analysts back to dropping him in their all time rankings. Didn't take too long for all that to occur.

That's why this is my first source right here, because there's never been more fan love shown to Kobe then at LG. No matter what BS we've been fed, we stick together for the most part. Miss you Kobe and Gigi, wish you were here with us right now.


I can understand why Lebron didn't want to answer any Kobe questions yesterday because talking about his passing is just depressing and brings everyone down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 8704
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
GTL wrote:
Third week since his passing...it's been crazy. Media went from #girldad to Gayle King. Fans have started resorting to pettiness again. Analysts back to dropping him in their all time rankings. Didn't take too long for all that to occur.

That's why this is my first source right here, because there's never been more fan love shown to Kobe then at LG. No matter what BS we've been fed, we stick together for the most part. Miss you Kobe and Gigi, wish you were here with us right now.


I can understand why Lebron didn't want to answer any Kobe questions yesterday because talking about his passing is just depressing and brings everyone down.


Without is being too weird

Kobe was like the Father/Uncle/Godfather/God of Basketball to many
MEN in the NBA and Women in the WNBA today...
A KID.. CHILD by Law... entered the NBA
and produced shockwaves in every sport with his relentless LOVE and
INDOMITABLE WILL TO BE THE BEST HE POSSIBLY COULD BE!!!

I am humbled by this mans (Kobe's) simple life. Love is a VERB..


There was a little man in a wheelchair on a Ted Talk who said something I really appreciated.
This guy is a badass too
The prison of your mind | Sean Stephenson | TEDxIronwoodStatePrison

"I can tell you I am only an expert on one thing, and that’s how to be me, and I do it well. But it’s not come easily."

I’ve gone through things that I don’t wish upon anyone in this room. "
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 5351
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:
Pau Gasol reflects on the loss of his ‘brother,’ Kobe Bryant


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d9IjRSUCI


I'm still heartbroken over this, man, I haven't cried since my relationship with the mother of my son ended years ago. Now, watching these videos the floodgates open every single time. I (bleep) hate it.


I'm right there with you, G.


Thanks, Monty. Visiting this forum and witnesing the unison of the entire LG community has helped considerably.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 17691
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
C M B wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:
Pau Gasol reflects on the loss of his ‘brother,’ Kobe Bryant


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d9IjRSUCI


I'm still heartbroken over this, man, I haven't cried since my relationship with the mother of my son ended years ago. Now, watching these videos the floodgates open every single time. I (bleep) hate it.


I'm right there with you, G.


Thanks, Monty. Visiting this forum and witnesing the unison of the entire LG community has helped considerably.


thank you and same
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 29952

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1229631407217160194

I'm sure this one has been posted, but I saw it yesterday and made me think how many hours Kobe had put into gaining all that basketball knowledge and he was using it to coach kids. So awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 6697

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I would like to suggest that we lock this thread and create a general Kobe Bryant thread that lives on forever (or change the name eventually) because even though I have come to acceptance that Kobe is gone, I absolutely HATE thinking about the helicopter or reading about it.

Whenever the community feels it is right but I think eventually a pinned Kobe Bryant thread forever would be fitting.
_________________
“Life is too short. You have to keep it moving.” - Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 14937

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
I would like to suggest that we lock this thread and create a general Kobe Bryant thread that lives on forever (or change the name eventually) because even though I have come to acceptance that Kobe is gone, I absolutely HATE thinking about the helicopter or reading about it.
Whenever the community feels it is right but I think eventually a pinned Kobe Bryant thread forever would be fitting.

Yeah, me too. I changed the thread title for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 4138
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:
I would like to suggest that we lock this thread and create a general Kobe Bryant thread that lives on forever (or change the name eventually) because even though I have come to acceptance that Kobe is gone, I absolutely HATE thinking about the helicopter or reading about it.
Whenever the community feels it is right but I think eventually a pinned Kobe Bryant thread forever would be fitting.

Yeah, me too. I changed the thread title for now.

Thank you.
_________________
Dear Kobe,
Thank you for all the wonderful memories.
You and GiGi rest easy now.
A fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 22105
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:
I would like to suggest that we lock this thread and create a general Kobe Bryant thread that lives on forever (or change the name eventually) because even though I have come to acceptance that Kobe is gone, I absolutely HATE thinking about the helicopter or reading about it.
Whenever the community feels it is right but I think eventually a pinned Kobe Bryant thread forever would be fitting.

Yeah, me too. I changed the thread title for now.


Thank heavens.

Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53389

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject:

Kobe.
_________________
26-1-2020
Never forgotten
Mamba mentality will live on forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19954

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kobe.


It still doesn't feel real.
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108219

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

I still play NBA 2K and run my legacy Lakers squad (2000-01 team).

It's great to hear Kobe's in-game interview in the game. Though I've heard it many times, good to hear him talk about the game.
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53389

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kobe.


It still doesn't feel real.

Still watch videos every day.

Dude needed to have more time with his fam. He earned it, deserved it.
All people who lose time with their fam, so young, it always gets me. It being Kobe, it just gets waaaaaaay more.

Larry Bird said - If I want win, I want to play with Kobe. He is the guy.

Damn straight, Larry.
_________________
26-1-2020
Never forgotten
Mamba mentality will live on forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3185

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:
I would like to suggest that we lock this thread and create a general Kobe Bryant thread that lives on forever (or change the name eventually) because even though I have come to acceptance that Kobe is gone, I absolutely HATE thinking about the helicopter or reading about it.
Whenever the community feels it is right but I think eventually a pinned Kobe Bryant thread forever would be fitting.

Yeah, me too. I changed the thread title for now.



THANK YOU!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33627

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fans-keep-visiting-wrong-gravesite-cemetery-to-honor-kobe-bryant-gianna-helicopter-crash-los-angeles-lakers-234740084.html

Looks like the Daily Mail published pictures of the wrong gravesite....whoopsie...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44138

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe

Hendrix

Buddy Holly

Forever young.....
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9370

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Kobe did it his way

https://youtu.be/xOcl6yA0l1k
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2001
Posts: 16636

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:45 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:
I would like to suggest that we lock this thread and create a general Kobe Bryant thread that lives on forever (or change the name eventually) because even though I have come to acceptance that Kobe is gone, I absolutely HATE thinking about the helicopter or reading about it.
Whenever the community feels it is right but I think eventually a pinned Kobe Bryant thread forever would be fitting.

Yeah, me too. I changed the thread title for now.


Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 131, 132, 133  Next
Page 116 of 133
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB