In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

@ 4:35

look at that beauty. also the car is pretty good looking.

love the touch that he put the tribute magazines on the front dash on display
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

ViolaMB wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQEuY-OOhXc @ 4:35

look at that beauty. also the car is pretty good looking.

love the touch that he put the tribute magazines on the front dash on display

edit nvm
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

This one is the best one of them all.
I have watched it like a zillion times since 26/1.

Just those words so much more meaningful and he did end up doing exactly what he realized his true goal and purpose was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersAlldaWay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
https://youtu.be/yuxrx16d7WQ

Just those words so much more meaningful and he did end up doing exactly what he realized his true goal and purpose was.

Wow...
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Man in the AD thread there was a topic on Pau and AD ... and my post just got me thinking back of the day when Kobe finally got his second star in Feb 2008. I will never forget that day or what Kobe said.

My reaction was just bananas dancing for like 10 min straight, sort of like when Horry hit the game winning 3 against Sacto. Then I saw the Kobe interview and him saying now its on him, he has what he needs to win (to that context). And then you see the team do so well, play so beautifully.

Those memories I have of the Triangle, Pau-Kobe-LO. The offense, the defense. The way they played together. I definitely had a preference for team ball over Kobe ball, but it was needed to win, you need both to win championships.

I will never accept or get over this, but I will forever be grateful that in my lifetime as a Laker fan, I got to witness the career of Kobe, and especially that time in 2008-2010. That era it was special, special time.

Thank you so much, Bean. You will never be forgotten, dude.

Man, I remember that day like it just happened.

I was beyond excited. Just KNEW, absolutely KNEW, Kobe was going to deliver.

I could be misremembering, but the official Gasol trade thread, think you had made a post about how Kobe needs to put up at this point - think I replied "Wolf just watch man, he's going to deliver us rings now". Shortly after there was a Kobe clip (which I've always struggled to find) where he's in the tunnel and says something like "ain't more butterknives in this gun fight anymore. We're gonna see what's up". Loved it haha.

And on this note, I have to give you a ton of credit Wolf. You mention in your posts sometimes how you were critical of Kobe during that 2007 summer / timeframe, and maybe not his biggest fan, but man, you ended up giving him mad respect / props. Can't say that for everyone, even within our own fanbase. Very minor group of people so not even worth mentioning. Just crazy the journey Kobe went through and all the posts we had on him. But Wolf, Andrew Bynum, are you (bleep) kidding me? Ship his ass out!

I remember the first game we played after the trade was completed. Kobe was giddy AF on the court and he absolutely torched the Raptors. The trade went through just hours before tip-off.

Yep and it came after a game where we had gotten beat against Detroit. With the Bynum injury, there was talk again about whether Kobe would remain a Laker since the season looked lost at that point.

Tony, my man, I remember all that criticism very well, and that’s why I’m so happy towards the end of his Laker career I was there to support him 100 percent because he proved he was right. Once you gave Kobe that second star, he was gonna deliver. He talked the talk. But then he walked the walk.

Loved that I got to witness the end of his career like breaking MJs scoring record, scoring 60 in his last game. All the love he got from arenas that used to boo him. The Boston game and the last visit to Philly really got me during his FWT, as it showed even those who once despised Kobe eventually came to love and respect him.

It is a greater story than MJ or anyones.

Laker GOAT.
Best scorer ever (skill wise).
Champion.

Yep, I remember that game also. It was the year I stayed up for almost every Lakers game, which - with the time difference - meant watching the game at 1 AM (if we had a East Coast swing) or as late as 4.30 AM (when at home). I slept and studied for law school throughout the day and followed the Lakers relentlessly at night.

We almost won that game, too, with Kobe getting almost no help and the Lakers dressing only 8 players (https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200801310DET.html). It was an offensive slugfest and yet, thanks to Kobe, like a million times before, we had a chance to win on the road against a tough Detroit team. I can't quite remember the ending, but I choose to believe it was Kwame who (predictably) fumbled the ball as Kobe watched in disgust. This is also evidenced by the only comment posted.

I will miss him dearly.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Always loved somewhat awkward 2006 Kobe. We would do great impersonations of this version of him back in the day. It was easy, it was just Kobe exaggerating himself in real life lol.

https://youtu.be/wgzaw71MPFg
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Man in the AD thread there was a topic on Pau and AD ... and my post just got me thinking back of the day when Kobe finally got his second star in Feb 2008. I will never forget that day or what Kobe said.

My reaction was just bananas dancing for like 10 min straight, sort of like when Horry hit the game winning 3 against Sacto. Then I saw the Kobe interview and him saying now its on him, he has what he needs to win (to that context). And then you see the team do so well, play so beautifully.

Those memories I have of the Triangle, Pau-Kobe-LO. The offense, the defense. The way they played together. I definitely had a preference for team ball over Kobe ball, but it was needed to win, you need both to win championships.

I will never accept or get over this, but I will forever be grateful that in my lifetime as a Laker fan, I got to witness the career of Kobe, and especially that time in 2008-2010. That era it was special, special time.

I could be misremembering, but the official Gasol trade thread, think you had made a post about how Kobe needs to put up at this point - think I replied "Wolf just watch man, he's going to deliver us rings now". Shortly after there was a Kobe clip (which I've always struggled to find) where he's in the tunnel and says something like "ain't more butterknives in this gun fight anymore. We're gonna see what's up". Loved it haha.

And on this note, I have to give you a ton of credit Wolf. You mention in your posts sometimes how you were critical of Kobe during that 2007 summer / timeframe, and maybe not his biggest fan, but man, you ended up giving him mad respect / props. Can't say that for everyone, even within our own fanbase. Very minor group of people so not even worth mentioning. Just crazy the journey Kobe went through and all the posts we had on him. But Wolf, Andrew Bynum, are you (bleep) kidding me? Ship his ass out!

I remember the first game we played after the trade was completed. Kobe was giddy AF on the court and he absolutely torched the Raptors. The trade went through just hours before tip-off.

Yep and it came after a game where we had gotten beat against Detroit. With the Bynum injury, there was talk again about whether Kobe would remain a Laker since the season looked lost at that point.

Tony, my man, I remember all that criticism very well, and that’s why I’m so happy towards the end of his Laker career I was there to support him 100 percent because he proved he was right. Once you gave Kobe that second star, he was gonna deliver. He talked the talk. But then he walked the walk.

Loved that I got to witness the end of his career like breaking MJs scoring record, scoring 60 in his last game. All the love he got from arenas that used to boo him. The Boston game and the last visit to Philly really got me during his FWT, as it showed even those who once despised Kobe eventually came to love and respect him.

It is a greater story than MJ or anyones.

Laker GOAT.
Best scorer ever (skill wise).
Champion.

Yep, I remember that game also. It was the year I stayed up for almost every Lakers game, which - with the time difference - meant watching the game at 1 AM (if we had a East Coast swing) or as late as 4.30 AM (when at home). I slept and studied for law school throughout the day and followed the Lakers relentlessly at night.

We almost won that game, too, with Kobe getting almost no help and the Lakers dressing only 8 players (https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200801310DET.html). It was an offensive slugfest and yet, thanks to Kobe, like a million times before, we had a chance to win on the road against a tough Detroit team. I can't quite remember the ending, but I choose to believe it was Kwame who (predictably) fumbled the ball as Kobe watched in disgust. This is also evidenced by the only comment posted.

I will miss him dearly.

One of my favorite Lakers games that I've ever attended was Pau's first game as a Laker. It was against the then-New Jersey Nets and my friends and I trekked through a gnarly blizzard to get to the game (and took 2 hours to drive home afterwards). Kobe was so energized (and so was Pau). So awesome to see the beginnings of that duo that night.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pau+gasol+lakers+debut&docid=608008944475049593&mid=5792ADED3DE205D592F55792ADED3DE205D592F5&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject:

L.A. County sheriff says 8 deputies took photos of Kobe Bryant crash scene
Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said eight deputies allegedly took or shared graphic photos of the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash scene, but he ordered them deleted.

"That was my No. 1 priority, was to make sure those photos no longer exist," Villanueva told NBC News for a story Monday. "We identified the deputies involved, they came to the station on their own and had admitted they had taken them and they had deleted them. And we're content that those involved did that.''

The sheriff said he learned the week of the crash that killed the Los Angeles Lakers great that as many as eight deputies might have been involved.

"We've communicated in no uncertain terms that the behavior is inexcusable," Villanueva said. "I mean, people are grieving for the loss of their loved ones. To have that on top of what they've already gone through is unconscionable.''

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28825232/la-county-sheriff-says-8-deputies-took-photos-kobe-bryant-crash-scene
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

Flashback: Kobe Surprises Chargers at Camp (2017)

Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
https://youtu.be/yuxrx16d7WQ

That one is very well done. Wolf here's another one using Kobe's words to narrate through -

Fair warning - Starting at 4:58 the clips with Kobe/Gigi start, and I absolutely lost it again.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOktw0GbWN4

How about this throwback?

Absolutely LOVED Kobe's nonchalant response. Honestly one of my favorite reactions in a heated situation I've ever seen. Literally brushes off the shoulders, waves a finger at the crowd like "you really think this chump Raja is going to get to me? LOL".

I'm still pissed Kwame didnt pick Raja up by his throat and Undertake his ass to the floor. His teammates should have had his back. Fox, Horry and of those 3-peat guys would have.

That team was a joke - no surprise none of his teammates went at Raja. Bunch of bums, with the exception of LO. The only person who had Kobe's back was LO, but he wasn't the type of guy to really scrap like that (like a Artest/Fox/etc.).

I honestly think that prime Kobe in this era puts up 100. Look at what he was able to do in that era with lower scoring/pace. 05/06 Kobe is putting everyone to shame with this style of ball.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Nice find!

Poor Raptors - always getting torched by Kobe for one reason or another. There was of course this classic which was Vino Kobe -

How did he even make any of those shots haha.
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/FOXLA/status/1234584695670599681

yeah after a week with no tears, here we go again
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject:

ViolaMB wrote:
https://twitter.com/FOXLA/status/1234584695670599681

yeah after a week with no tears, here we go again

Damn, bro....😣
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

I haven't seen another player like him since. Don't think I ever will. Not with the current landscape of basketball and the way the farming system is setup along with how franchises draft prospective talent based on their playing styles, etc.

He was just special...on a different universe type special. The kind of player you couldn't keep your eyes off of. Whether you were a fan or a diehard hater. You knew that he was going to do something spectacular. He was that one glowing star in the sky. He wouldn't disappoint, even when he missed that illusive game winning shots. Or had a bad night. The one constant that remained was that he gave his all every. single. night.

If you paid top dollar to see him play, you walked out of that arena knowing that every penny spent was worth it. A man who went above and beyond the fray to capture that brass ring. There was no limitation. That kind of dedication is rarely seen in not just sport, but in life.

We all strive to do great things, but many of us fall short of expectations more often then not. Different factors in life that lead to mistakes made. Nobody is perfect, but I don't think anybody expects us to be. We just keep trekking along until we find a balance. Something cohesive enough to keep us forward thinking.

Kobe threw that rule book out the window. He took it to that next level that very few have gone to. And when he did, he did it with a certain pizazz that you rarely see any human being achieve. He shot across the sky, broke the matrix, and never looked back.

Michael Jordan said it best, when Kobe died, a piece of us died. I'm getting emotional just writing this. He meant more then just basketball. He was the iconic image that represented hard work paying off. That regardless of the most dyer of circumstances, you can become whatever you want on this planet. Not everyone is going to love you for it, but if you can satiate that yearning within' to fulfill those goals, then you've accomplished something worth living for. Worth passing on to your children, which he so gracefully did in his limited time on this planet.

Will always cherish your memories Mamba. Forever and always my dear Kobe Bryant.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOktw0GbWN4

How about this throwback?

Absolutely LOVED Kobe's nonchalant response. Honestly one of my favorite reactions in a heated situation I've ever seen. Literally brushes off the shoulders, waves a finger at the crowd like "you really think this chump Raja is going to get to me? LOL".

I'm still pissed Kwame didnt pick Raja up by his throat and Undertake his ass to the floor. His teammates should have had his back. Fox, Horry and of those 3-peat guys would have.

Man, I remember the next day when asked by the media what he thought of Raja Bell's comments and he was like (paraphrasing here), 'You think I care? I got my little girls vomit all over my shirt. I've got bigger fish to fry..'

His little girl's vomit was Gianni's, who was born just a few days earlier (I think the night he hit the game winner in game 4).
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Sort of unrelated but does anyone remember when Rick Fox picked up Adonal Foyle and pile drove him into the court... LOL because he was trying to bait Shaq into a Tech
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Sort of unrelated but does anyone remember when Rick Fox picked up Adonal Foyle and pile drove him into the court... LOL because he was trying to bait Shaq into a Tech

Rick Fox was low key psycho Lol
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Quote:
HERE's RICKY!!
he could pull off that Jack in the Shining Bathroom scene LOL
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Is it just me who thinks Kobe was trying to mind game and get an edge on whoever was listening?

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
Is it just me who thinks Kobe was trying to mind game and get an edge on whoever was listening?

Nice find, thanks for posting. He was always playing mind games with anyone he was competing with or against. It was the Phil Jackson effect.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject:

Kobe Spending Family Time w/Bianka

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Quote:
HERE's RICKY!!
he could pull off that Jack in the Shining Bathroom scene LOL

LakersAlldaWay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Just realized that one of the giveaways at Kobe’s last game were helicopter action figures 😢

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lakers-go-all-out-for-kobe-s-finale--give-away-kobe-toy-helicopter-012829546.html
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

dadubs wrote:
This dude KOME was average. Clay is better.

go (bleep) yourself
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 130 of 162
Jump to: