Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (no personal insults)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 159, 160, 161  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11178

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
The flu has caused an estimated 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths in the US this season. We’re more likely to catch that which is more than enough motivation to get a flu shot every year. Imagine adding those numbers up over 10 years or more!


For now....coronavirus is localized, if it spreads, countries or regions without the capacity to handle a health emergency will be decimated, especially since there is no vaccine for it yet.


Even if a vaccine is developed, enough people will avoid getting the vaccine that it will be a problem. A lot of lives over the past 20 years would have been saved if more people stopped fearing the flu vaccine. I’ve even seen comments from people saying a vaccine is worse than gettting measles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9091
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

When I was younger I'd heard stories of these 7 Families and a few helped produce vaccines and added materials to them that contained Cancer. Bilderberg Rothschild etc

Who knows.

It is going to be harder for people to trust anything from our government after it Became Donald Trump
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 3188
Location: Hawaii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
The flu has caused an estimated 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths in the US this season. We’re more likely to catch that which is more than enough motivation to get a flu shot every year. Imagine adding those numbers up over 10 years or more!


For now....coronavirus is localized, if it spreads, countries or regions without the capacity to handle a health emergency will be decimated, especially since there is no vaccine for it yet.


Even if a vaccine is developed, enough people will avoid getting the vaccine that it will be a problem. A lot of lives over the past 20 years would have been saved if more people stopped fearing the flu vaccine. I’ve even seen comments from people saying a vaccine is worse than getting measles.


Vaccines aren't the cure all. Not everyone's body will react positively to vaccines. Live attenuated vaccines can cause viral shedding which can be passed onto other people as well. Just because you're not vaccinated doesn't automatically make you the cause of a viral pandemic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86433
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Not doing that here.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33695

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject:

Bad news if true.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594
It means the Chinese government has one set of data and they send the public another set of data, where the deaths are vastly lowered. This thing sounds like its spinning out of control.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 1881

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Not doing that here.
If I understand the timing of your post, thank you so very much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33695

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Looks like all the infected in China will be sent to quarantine camps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9091
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Looks like all the infected in China will be sent to quarantine camps.


Saw the headline yesterday about the cruise ship that is quarantined for the next two weeks... Cruise ship hell..
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9091
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Looks like all the infected in China will be sent to quarantine camps.



Avg Life Expectancy in Quarantine?

How many people are quarantined and are official numbers lower than actual?
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9091
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-51403795
Li Wenliang: Coronavirus kills Chinese whistleblower doctor

A healthy young doctor. This Not the flu
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CLUFan
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 24 Jul 2014
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

This is getting crazy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bad news if true.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594
It means the Chinese government has one set of data and they send the public another set of data, where the deaths are vastly lowered. This thing sounds like its spinning out of control.



it is hard to tell.
i have been following this situation very intently last few days.
the chinese government may be hiding numbers.
they also lacked the ability to verify cases in hubei/wuhan for weeks.
i read they could only test 200 cases per day.
given 30 days, that would come out to testing 6000 cases.
so there is no way their numbers can be truly accurate, even if they wanted to be.
now they can test 6000 to 8000 per day so they could be catching up, assuming the 150k sick rumor is not true.

there was an article that showed that the situation may be improving outside hubei province to the point that it is stabilizing.
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/chf/12747-key-graphs-showing-why-markets-are-losing-their-fear-of-coronavirus
lets hope that is true.


Last edited by cal1piggy on Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-51403795
Li Wenliang: Coronavirus kills Chinese whistleblower doctor

A healthy young doctor. This Not the flu


you cannot count the mortality rate that includes hubei province as they lack adequate medical capacity to handle all the cases.
i think the mortality rate outside hubei is about 0.2% to 0.6%.
that is still more than 10x worse than typical flu.

it is very strange how the 30 something doctor died when it was stated that it is mostly killing older and immune suppressed people.
apparently even that doctor's parents recovered...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: china coronavirus

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i was born in P. R. China then immigrated to U.S. when i was 12 along with my family. i always have a soft spot for PRC in my heart despite of all its flaws, i'm not ashamed to say it. but the latest Wuhan cronoavirus really had me angry and sad at the same time toward my birth country.

despite all the technological advances and booming economy of that country, people over there are still eating animals we usually see in zoos and caves. what kind of civilization is that? also the government cover up is disgusting, Wuhan should've made the blockage unannounced, instead, they announced it early so about 5mil Wuhan citizens fled the city and have been spreading virus all over China and rest of the world. also lack of emergency preparedness by its central government is also laughable. this is the country supposed to challenge U.S. as the no. 1 power in the world right? well check this out, one of my relatives in China works for a decent size hospital in a fairly big city, and they ran out of face masks, the head of the hospital had to call multiple manufacturers to overpay just to get a small amount of them. where is their beloved central government when you need them?


one of my friends is a doctor in a shanghai hospital. i have been busy buying n95 surgical masks for her. they are giving doctors non-ideal face masks...

the biggest problem is eating wild animals. unless stopped, this will sooner or later kill all of us. and they have bats in these markets! bats have numerous identified virus (200?) and scientists are saying there are many many unidentified virus. bats are like men's worst natural enemy when it comes to bio-threats. bats can regularly travel long distances (1000km or more), are mammals like us and have a body temp of over 40C when flying (incubating virus and bacteria that can survive the human body's defense in fevers). and they often cage the animals in stacked cages. absolute madness.

hopefully, some good out of this. like having the government prosecuting poachers and sellers of these wild animals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 17788
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:

the chinese government may be hiding numbers.


looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool you think?
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9091
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: china coronavirus

cal1piggy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i was born in P. R. China then immigrated to U.S. when i was 12 along with my family. i always have a soft spot for PRC in my heart despite of all its flaws, i'm not ashamed to say it. but the latest Wuhan cronoavirus really had me angry and sad at the same time toward my birth country.

despite all the technological advances and booming economy of that country, people over there are still eating animals we usually see in zoos and caves. what kind of civilization is that? also the government cover up is disgusting, Wuhan should've made the blockage unannounced, instead, they announced it early so about 5mil Wuhan citizens fled the city and have been spreading virus all over China and rest of the world. also lack of emergency preparedness by its central government is also laughable. this is the country supposed to challenge U.S. as the no. 1 power in the world right? well check this out, one of my relatives in China works for a decent size hospital in a fairly big city, and they ran out of face masks, the head of the hospital had to call multiple manufacturers to overpay just to get a small amount of them. where is their beloved central government when you need them?


one of my friends is a doctor in a shanghai hospital. i have been busy buying n95 surgical masks for her. they are giving doctors non-ideal face masks...

the biggest problem is eating wild animals. unless stopped, this will sooner or later kill all of us. and they have bats in these markets! bats have numerous identified virus (200?) and scientists are saying there are many many unidentified virus. bats are like men's worst natural enemy when it comes to bio-threats. bats can regularly travel long distances (1000km or more), are mammals like us and have a body temp of over 40C when flying (incubating virus and bacteria that can survive the human body's defense in fevers). and they often cage the animals in stacked cages. absolute madness.

hopefully, some good out of this. like having the government prosecuting poachers and sellers of these wild animals.


Bless your friends. Must be somewhat scary to know you could be quarantined etc.. sounds freakish

People need to not be afraid to make citizens arrest when these cave dwellers try bringing bats to the market.. Someone should have chased them away or captured the creeps and called the cops

It is like a Rat with wings.. as much as I don't like being creeped out.. I don't like Bats at all...
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9091
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:13 am    Post subject:

How bad is this going to affect the WORLD Economy

I'm guessing in a very very bad way.


China has supposedly refused help from CDC and WHO
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 3188
Location: Hawaii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
How bad is this going to affect the WORLD Economy

I'm guessing in a very very bad way.


China has supposedly refused help from CDC and WHO


Why are they refusing help?

I'm stocking up on some Ester C and L-Lysine and some of those masks. I live on an island so the the chances of it coming to Hawaii will eventually happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9091
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
How bad is this going to affect the WORLD Economy

I'm guessing in a very very bad way.


China has supposedly refused help from CDC and WHO


Why are they refusing help?

I'm stocking up on some Ester C and L-Lysine and some of those masks. I live on an island so the the chances of it coming to Hawaii will eventually happen.


Quote:
Some top diplomats told the Times that they fear that China does not want to appear to be unable to handle the growing problem alone.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/china-shuns-offers-from-world-health-organization-and-centers-for-disease-control-to-help-with-coronavirus
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33695

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
GoldenChild wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
How bad is this going to affect the WORLD Economy

I'm guessing in a very very bad way.


China has supposedly refused help from CDC and WHO


Why are they refusing help?

I'm stocking up on some Ester C and L-Lysine and some of those masks. I live on an island so the the chances of it coming to Hawaii will eventually happen.


Quote:
Some top diplomats told the Times that they fear that China does not want to appear to be unable to handle the growing problem alone.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/china-shuns-offers-from-world-health-organization-and-centers-for-disease-control-to-help-with-coronavirus


Unfortunately, the reason is that the Communists don't want to appear weak. The same reason this thing has spun out of control, they would rather save face and bury it than look weak to their people. The rest of the world doesn't care about that, and they have drastically decided to restrict air travel to and from China because the Chinese government has done an incompetent job of handling this. This is the reason why they are censoring topics about the doctor being a hero and using it for calls of more openness for free speech because it could diminish the power of the Communist party.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

this is a very detailed story about how the chinese government screwed up.
i have no way of verifying this though my friend who works for shanghai city mentioned many of those points in this story.

https://chinachange.org/2020/02/09/the-regret-of-wuhan-how-china-missed-the-critical-window-for-controlling-the-coronavirus-outbreak/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: china coronavirus

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i was born in P. R. China then immigrated to U.S. when i was 12 along with my family. i always have a soft spot for PRC in my heart despite of all its flaws, i'm not ashamed to say it. but the latest Wuhan cronoavirus really had me angry and sad at the same time toward my birth country.

despite all the technological advances and booming economy of that country, people over there are still eating animals we usually see in zoos and caves. what kind of civilization is that? also the government cover up is disgusting, Wuhan should've made the blockage unannounced, instead, they announced it early so about 5mil Wuhan citizens fled the city and have been spreading virus all over China and rest of the world. also lack of emergency preparedness by its central government is also laughable. this is the country supposed to challenge U.S. as the no. 1 power in the world right? well check this out, one of my relatives in China works for a decent size hospital in a fairly big city, and they ran out of face masks, the head of the hospital had to call multiple manufacturers to overpay just to get a small amount of them. where is their beloved central government when you need them?


one of my friends is a doctor in a shanghai hospital. i have been busy buying n95 surgical masks for her. they are giving doctors non-ideal face masks...

the biggest problem is eating wild animals. unless stopped, this will sooner or later kill all of us. and they have bats in these markets! bats have numerous identified virus (200?) and scientists are saying there are many many unidentified virus. bats are like men's worst natural enemy when it comes to bio-threats. bats can regularly travel long distances (1000km or more), are mammals like us and have a body temp of over 40C when flying (incubating virus and bacteria that can survive the human body's defense in fevers). and they often cage the animals in stacked cages. absolute madness.

hopefully, some good out of this. like having the government prosecuting poachers and sellers of these wild animals.


Bless your friends. Must be somewhat scary to know you could be quarantined etc.. sounds freakish

People need to not be afraid to make citizens arrest when these cave dwellers try bringing bats to the market.. Someone should have chased them away or captured the creeps and called the cops

It is like a Rat with wings.. as much as I don't like being creeped out.. I don't like Bats at all...


she is quite scared but has to do the job.
shanghai and a lot of china are going back to work on monday
i think it is a big mistake and that they should wait another incubation period of 14 days.

apparently economics are involved here, and there are lots of concerns with factories outside china running out of parts like a korean car manufacturer etc.

this wild life eating thing is a real problem. apparently that seafood market did more than sell wild life. i was told by a successful business person in shanghai that market also handles wild life trading for much of china. the problem is that the older more tradition chinese think that wild life has special essence that is good for them. they dont know about simple facts of virus and some simply will not adjust to science.

there was a video of a well known actress eating an ENTIRE bat in a soup. the most disgusting thing i have ever seen anyone eat. she is now apologizing for what she did in her food tv show but i think it is mostly the younger generations which are complaining.

the chinese government has a temporary ban on wild life. there are reports of them enforcing it. hopefully the ban is made permanent and is enforced strictly. if someone really wants to 'save the world', they should create an app that allows anyone to report gps locations that are trading wild life. it would need to be hosted in a very secured location as it would likely be attacked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15311

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject:

N95 prices on amazon jacked up, these sellers are a-hole
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
N95 prices on amazon jacked up, these sellers are a-hole


i ordered a couple days ago several boxes of 20 gerson surgical grade n95 masks from amazon for $55 each. before i ordered, there were 12 left.

surgical grade is more expensive, but only the more expensive masks are available. these do not have the valves for comfort, but i was told they work better for preventing exposure. i read things that disagree with that. but i am just helping a friend so i buy what she wants.


Last edited by cal1piggy on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15311

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
governator wrote:
N95 prices on amazon jacked up, these sellers are a-hole


i ordered a couple days ago several boxes of 20 of gerson surgical grade n95 masks from amazon for $55 each. before i ordered, there were 12 left.

surgical grade is more expensive, but only the more expensive masks are available. these do not have the valves for comfort, but i was told they work better for preventing exposure. i read things that disagree with that. but i am just helping a friend so i buy what she wants.


yeah, saw some sellers selling 10 N95 mask (3M) for $186
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Page 2 of 161
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB