Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Quarter of a million Americans dead.

Quarter of a million families devastated.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Welp, looks like we (Cali) may go into a lockdown again in the next few days.

OC is back to no indoor dine in, no movie theaters, no gyms etc.

This vaccine can't come soon enough. Much more of this is unsustainable for so many of us.

Yep. I have friends who are small business owners and they BARELY survived the first lockdown. With the holidays now upon us, the financial setback (along with health/community) is going to be devastating.

Even if they DO rollout a vaccine... it is probably going to be a shttshow with the scheduling and administering that 2nd test. Are people going to be wearing a special patch with a "V" to let everyone know they're vaccinated? so many questions.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

This vaccine can't come soon enough. Much more of this is unsustainable for so many of us.

There's at least another 6 months of this and more likely at least another year before you can even pretend that things are getting back to normal.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Florida legislators to Floridians: Drop dead

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article247233659.html
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

There's at least another 6 months of this and more likely at least another year before you can even pretend that things are getting back to normal.

Here's to that vaccine.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Yeah, it's definitely still a ways away. But there's a light at the end of the tunnel of misery and it'll be here before we know it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm giving it another year. I think they will encounter problems and delays with ramping up production and distribution of the vaccine. This isn't something you can wave a magic wand and have a cure.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Covid 19 curfew implemented in purple tier counties in California.
https://abc7.com/health/newsom-orders-curfew-in-ca-amid-covid-19-spike/8101518/
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

CA is suffering from dumba$$ism: the need to risk public health for the sake of profit.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

2k dead today according to worldometers. This calls for a drink
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Saw this perspective that sums it up well:

Restaurant owner here.

Just so everyone understands, it's not the shutdowns that are killing us.

It's the virus.

Even at 50% capacity, we're never full.

Lifting restrictions won't help at all.

Getting the virus under control is our only hope.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wukong8
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
CA is suffering from dumba$$ism: the need to risk public health for the sake of profit.

Well it is a democratic state.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Restaurant owner here.

It's the virus.

x1000

That's why I laughed when Republicans stripped the extra $600 unemployment from the Cares act.

They really believed helping people through the pandemic financially was the problem. Not the pandemic itself.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject:

Wukong8 wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

A democratic state that pays for whatever (bleep) red state you're from.
Wukong8
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Wukong8 wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

A democratic state that pays for whatever (bleep) red state you're from.

Lol I'm in Cali
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Restaurant owner here.

It's the virus.

The problem with that perspective is that it uses logic. I absolutely refuse to eat out until this is under control. I completely understand and appreciate how restaurants have adapted with outdoor service and indoor spacing, but it doesn't appeal to me at all. Being served by people wearing masks and gloves is very much not my kink.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

Assuming we don't get widespread distribution of a vaccine until late next year, I don't see how any small business can survive in this environment where nobody is going out. I drive down on my local main street and I see many businesses have decided to call it a day rather than struggle to pay their leases and employees.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Restaurant owner here.

It's the virus.

The problem with that perspective is that it uses logic. I absolutely refuse to eat out until this is under control. I completely understand and appreciate how restaurants have adapted with outdoor service and indoor spacing, but it doesn't appeal to me at all. Being served by people wearing masks and gloves is very much not my kink.

Yeah, I refuse to eat out for any reason. I don't even shop anymore for anything other than groceries once every couple of weeks. My wife doesn't shop anymore, either. Last thing I bought that wasn't food was a Lakers jersey, online, to prepare for watching the playoffs.

The economy is going to suffer the longer this virus lasts. Should have made this a priority long ago.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Restaurant owner here.

It's the virus.

Yeah, I refuse to eat out for any reason. I don't even shop anymore for anything other than groceries once every couple of weeks. My wife doesn't shop anymore, either. Last thing I bought that wasn't food was a Lakers jersey, online, to prepare for watching the playoffs.

The economy is going to suffer the longer this virus lasts. Should have made this a priority long ago.
America will never fully lockdown because you can't tell Americans what to do. Its a culture thing. There are a lot of ignorant people out there. I've accepted it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

America will never fully lockdown because you can't tell Americans what to do. Its a culture thing. There are a lot of ignorant people out there. I've accepted it.

There are all kinds of things we make Americans do.

Wear seat belts, put children in car seats, take a test to drive, follow traffic laws, all things and more that we do to ensure safety.

Masks should be no different. This it's "cultural" argument has no merit and based on the baseless "freedom" argument.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Wear seat belts, put children in car seats, take a test to drive, follow traffic laws, all things and more that we do to ensure safety.

Masks should be no different. This it's "cultural" argument has no merit and based on the baseless "freedom" argument.

What we are dealing with is the freedumb movement, a bunch of selfish, ignorant boobs who have been propagandized into willful stupidity. I think we should treat them accordingly. No mask, no quarantine, no lockdown? No problem, you are now free to make your own vaccine and treat yourself if you get sick, because all of our resources should go to the people who work together for each other's good.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

What we are dealing with is the freedumb movement, a bunch of selfish, ignorant boobs who have been propagandized into willful stupidity. I think we should treat them accordingly. No mask, no quarantine, no lockdown? No problem, you are now free to make your own vaccine and treat yourself if you get sick, because all of our resources should go to the people who work together for each other's good.

I said that exact thing to someone earlier this morning. You don't get to benefit from the treatments for the very thing you scoff at.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

Couple tips for the VA test site in West la

You can only enter from sepulveda and only from the right turn lane, so unless you want to attempt an illegal u turn, take sunset to Montana and turn right. Depending on when you go, that might be the end of the line .

You will be in line for at least an hour, so prepare accordingly.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

If you live in Los Angeles County and want to be tested use link below. The site I used in Baldwin Hills took me about 10 minutes to complete the test.

My first test was at Crenshaw Christian Center took around 1 1/2 hours. The wait is according to the site.

When asked if you have insurance say no. If you say yes you'll be told to go to your provider. Navigate the site and answer questions that will allow you to schedule a test.

You may have to go through the questioner once or twice to make an appointment. You may have to answer untruthfully to get an appointment. Don't submit until you're given a place, time, and date. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Quote:

I said that exact thing to someone earlier this morning. You don't get to benefit from the treatments for the very thing you scoff at.

But as you know, the problem is that their immunity helps not just themselves, but everybody.

I propose that for these people we develop a version of the vaccine where the syringe has to be administered through the testicles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 200 of 318
Jump to: