Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
400K died on Trump's watch.

And of course, many of those deaths were preventable, but many weren't. It's hard to estimate how many of those deaths would have been prevented had the administration been competent before (eg: dismantling the pandemic office), at the start of, and during the pandemic, and had the public been prudent and reasonable about precautions such as mask wearing and staying at home.

And of course, that response isn't a black-or-white, where if we did everything there would have been X deaths, and the worst case would have been Y deaths. The combination of things we DID do could land us anywhere in that range. But I'm pretty confident what actually happened was closer to Y than X.

So what's a reasonable range? Is it 100K to 500K? In other words, 100K as a best case scenario if we all did things right at every stage, and 500K if we all intentionally went on a suicide mission.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

This Covid-19 memorial service is way overdue. I’m so glad adults with compassion are in charge.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
400K died on Trump's watch.

So what's a reasonable range? Is it 100K to 500K? In other words, 100K as a best case scenario if we all did things right at every stage, and 500K if we all intentionally went on a suicide mission.

Then that is what it must be--or will be--sort of. The current projection by IHME is between 500K+ and 600K+ by April. But "we" did not intentionally all go willingly on this mission. "We" the majority, had to put up with what the minority, with mad Trump disease, decided.*

*Just as "we" the minority, had to watch our country kill, maim, injure, and displace millions for nothing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Got vaccinated this afternoon. My daughter won't get vaccinated. We're in an ongoing family text. Her uncles, aunts, cousins, all relatives are on her case since I put in the family text for them to talk to her. Relatives from NJ to Calif, North and South are flooding the text. Hope they get through to her. She inherited my hard ass head.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see you got it! Congrats! Don't forget the follow-up dose!

If you want, post or pm me with her concerns. I'll be happy to give you a response.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Got vaccinated this afternoon.

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Quote:
My daughter won't get vaccinated. We're in an ongoing family text. Her uncles, aunts, cousins, all relatives are on her case since I put in the family text for them to talk to her. Relatives from NJ to Calif, North and South are flooding the text. Hope they get through to her. She inherited my hard ass head.

It's not a bad head to have, but hopefully you all crack through it soon.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Some potential good news:

My dad is off the ventilator! He responded well this morning when they essentially turned the ventilator off and let him breathe on his own. So he passed all the criteria he needed to pass to get off the ventilator. And then around 3 o'clock today they took out the ventilator and he's breathing on his own, with the help of supplemental oxygen.

We talked to him earlier this morning and told him what the deal was. He responded with eye movement and head movement. We saw a few tears when my nephew said "I love you grandpa!" in Bosnian.

He's stable. All his other organs are good. He's no longer sedated and is on Tylenol.

There's still a long road ahead. But today was a good day.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I’m hoping really hard for your pops Wilt.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

My dad is off the ventilator! He responded well this morning when they essentially turned the ventilator off and let him breathe on his own. So he passed all the criteria he needed to pass to get off the ventilator. And then around 3 o'clock today they took out the ventilator and he's breathing on his own, with the help of supplemental oxygen.

We talked to him earlier this morning and told him what the deal was. He responded with eye movement and head movement. We saw a few tears when my nephew said "I love you grandpa!" in Bosnian.

He's stable. All his other organs are good. He's no longer sedated and is on Tylenol.

Great to hear, Wilt.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Good to know, Wilt.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

So, so happy to hear this update. I've been wondering how things were going, but wanted to respect your privacy and space, so I haven't enquired for an update.

Hopefully the long road just passed an important bend and there's safe driving ahead.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Great news! Hoping for continued progress, and no setbacks.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Good to hear. The news made me mist. I'll keep sending them up. 🙏🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Excellent news Wilt. Hope your dad continues to improve and gets home soon!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Let's (bleep) go!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Let's (bleep) go!

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Got vaccinated this afternoon.

Nice. Glad you did it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
C M B wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Let's (bleep) go!

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Got vaccinated this afternoon. My daughter won't get vaccinated. We're in an ongoing family text. Her uncles, aunts, cousins, all relatives are on her case since I put in the family text for them to talk to her. Relatives from NJ to Calif, North and South are flooding the text. Hope they get through to her. She inherited my hard ass head.

What was her rationale?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

My dad had his first sip of water and spoke his first words in a month.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Did he ask about politics?

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Did he ask about politics?

Did he ask how the Lakers are doing?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I told him about the Lakers, and he smiled. He had difficulties speaking, so all he could say was "Yes" and "No" and "I know" in Bosnian. Most of his muscles are weak, including the ones used for speaking.

Last edited by Wilt on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 214 of 318
Jump to: