Shaq “not doing well” after Kobe’s death
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:28 am    Post subject:

Glad they were able to sit down, even apologized to him. That's beautiful.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject:

Can never forgive him for that rap (more like crap) after Kobe lost in the finals to the Celtics.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Can never forgive him for that rap (more like crap) after Kobe lost in the finals to the Celtics.

Why? Have you never said something that you later regret? Have you never said a joke and later realized it was mean? Did Shaq say it to you personally?

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

Not the time or the place.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

But what happened the next year?
And the next year?

Kobe was more mature by then than Shaq and Shaq was still holding onto petty jealousy.. the scorned Ex..
Water under the bridge and

Grist for my Mill
Quote:
The proverb "all is grist for the mill" means "everything can be made useful, or be a source of profit." There are some minor variations, such as "all's grist that comes to his mill", meaning that the person in question can make something positive out of anything that comes along.
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Grist

Grist - Wikipedia
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

Let it go, just as Kobe did
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

Kobe forgave him. That's what really counts.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject:

we should all do what Shaq said check on your friends, your brother more often, just tell them you love them, we as men hold alot in, we need to stop that and open up to eachother
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
we should all do what Shaq said check on your friends, your brother more often, just tell them you love them, we as men hold alot in, we need to stop that and open up to eachother

This
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

Shaq has a silly clown side and a mean spirited side. They both collided that day, but in the end, it was just one of many dumb comments by Shaq over the years. I'm saying that as a fan of Shaq's and an appreciator of both his and Kobe's decisions to come here to entertain us and win for us. It wasn't that bad. He made a much stupider comment towards Dr. Buss that we remember. But he and Kobe were more alike than the media portrayed them. Both ball dominant alpha types. Two of those in a room will butt heads every so often, but that doesn't mean Shaq's emotions about this aren't fully sincere. In reflection, I believe from Shaq's comments that he realizes that he and Kobe were brothers in battle despite the petty bickering and sniping. He also shut up after Kobe won with Gastrong. Shaq knew he had to respect Kobe on his own terms as a leader/player. It truly sucks what happened. I've been deadened about basketball and haven't felt eloquent or reflective yet. It's a damn crying shame. Anyway, veering off topic, but Shaq is with all of us in grief and disbelief. Now is now, acer.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

It's time to let it go.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Me neither. Can’t imagine how Shaq must be doing.
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Shaq is the biggest kid in the world. EJ says it all the time.
Of course we love Kobe and when Shaq left, it made us love Kobe even more. But it’s time to forget the feud and that crap. It’s all gone now. None of it matters. Shaq is one of our legends too and we love him too.

We all know they are the best 1-2 duo ever. No doubt.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

No doubt. I tend to not talk to certain people for a long time. Always holding it off saying I’ll do it another day or whatever. Sometimes we need to check our egos and stop using excuses. Shaq was right about that last night, it doesn’t take much to see how someone is doing
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

"Kobe's death"

Reading that in the topic headline is still so jarring. It just doesn't feel real.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
acer77 wrote:

Why? Have you never said something that you later regret? Have you never said a joke and later realized it was mean? Did Shaq say it to you personally?
exactly, how many times have we said something hurtful to family, friends, co-workers, people you care about at the heat of the moment which you later regretted? I'm just glad Shaq and Kobe had the opportunity to sit down and worked things out.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

What about after Shaq's admission that he hadn't spoken to Kobe the past 4 years, last time being at his 60pt game? Sure sounds like there were animosity still lingering on both sides.

Plus I don't like the way Shaq treated his biological father, who was homeless and living on the streets for awhile.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
What about after Shaq's admission that he hadn't spoken to Kobe the past 4 years, last time being at his 60pt game? Sure sounds like there were animosity still lingering on both sides.

Plus I don't like the way Shaq treated his biological father, who was homeless and living on the streets for awhile.

I think they had spoken since then, but not sat down and had a proper conversation sort of thing. Kobe was at his statue unveiling in 2017, and I think they did something on TV as well but my memory escapes me.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
acer77 wrote:

I think they had spoken since then, but not sat down and had a proper conversation sort of thing. Kobe was at his statue unveiling in 2017, and I think they did something on TV as well but my memory escapes me.

It was February 2018, during the All-Star break.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

That ridiculous, bro. When you're an adult with job, wife, and kids it becomes that much harder to make time for other people. Most everyone has close friends that they won't see for a year or years at a time. Be it circumstances, distance, other responsibilities.

Multiply that universal reality by a million for guys like Kobe and Shaq who are highly successful in multiple industries.

Just because they only saw each other a couple of more times since 2016 (3 years ain't that long, homie) doesn't mean they still hated each other.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
acer77 wrote:

That ridiculous, bro. When you're an adult with job, wife, and kids it becomes that much harder to make time for other people. Most everyone has close friends that they won't see for a year or years at a time. Be it circumstances, distance, other responsibilities.

Multiply that universal reality by a million for guys like Kobe and Shaq who are highly successful in multiple industries.

Just because they only saw each other a couple of more times since 2016 (3 years ain't that long, homie) doesn't mean they still hated each other.

Watching the Jimmy Kimmel special the other night with Kobe, he even said in an interview last year he and Shaq hadn’t talk like that. He said they were both just too busy, a lot going on. This is why Shaq on the TNT special said he needed to reach out more to love ones and not hold off on it. We all have this problem but it’s a good thing people talking about this
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

Shaq donating to the families that lost in the tragedy.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/shaquille-o-neal-to-donate-super-bowl-party-proceeds-to-families-of-victims-in-kobe-bryant-crash-202730303.html
goldenarmor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Look how Kobe's face lights up when he says they have a great relationship, this is from last year:

Kobe also seems a little choked up after Shaq talks to him here:

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

goldenarmor wrote:
Look how Kobe's face lights up when he says they have a great relationship, this is from last year:

Kobe also seems a little choked up after Shaq talks to him here:

Now the Kobe statue will be up much sooner than we anticipated
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject:

Honestly I feel really bad for Shaq, maybe more then anyone outside of Kobe's immediate family. I hated the fact that he had to sit their and justify how him and Kobe's relationship was that of brothers, I hated seeing him tear up not able to continue his sentence when he admit to not having talked to Kobe since 2016.

That's alot of regret to live with, and Shaq is a sensitive dude. I hope he finds closure and doesn't have regret in his heart long term
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: