Shaq “not doing well” after Kobe’s death
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
Honestly I feel really bad for Shaq, maybe more then anyone outside of Kobe's immediate family. I hated the fact that he had to sit their and justify how him and Kobe's relationship was that of brothers, I hated seeing him tear up not able to continue his sentence when he admit to not having talked to Kobe since 2016.

That's alot of regret to live with, and Shaq is a sensitive dude. I hope he finds closure and doesn't have regret in his heart long term

Beautifully said.

Shaq never has to apologize to anyone. Especially Kobe. But he did. And I’m so happy that Shaq got to connect with Kobe after what seemed to be the worst family feud in sports history. So proud to have him as one of our Laker greats.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
Honestly I feel really bad for Shaq, maybe more then anyone outside of Kobe's immediate family. I hated the fact that he had to sit their and justify how him and Kobe's relationship was that of brothers, I hated seeing him tear up not able to continue his sentence when he admit to not having talked to Kobe since 2016.

That's alot of regret to live with, and Shaq is a sensitive dude. I hope he finds closure and doesn't have regret in his heart long term

He said on-air tonight that he had strangely forgotten about the 40 minutes sit down interview they did with each other in 2017:
. Charles also said he had forgotten a sit down interview he had previously done with Kobe. The trauma of Kobe's passing has affected these guys significantly.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject:

"Kobe told me he wanted to be the greatest player in the world, and be bigger than Will Smith off the court."

Nah, Shaq, I'm betting Kobe never said anything like that. That sounds more like your thing.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
"Kobe told me he wanted to be the greatest player in the world, and be bigger than Will Smith off the court."

Nah, Shaq, I'm betting Kobe never said anything like that. That sounds more like your thing.

I'm pretty sure Shaq repeated that story in front of Kobe during their long sit-down interview in 2017 and Kobe agreed.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

I'm pretty sure Shaq repeated that story in front of Kobe during their long sit-down interview in 2017 and Kobe agreed.

yeah and I've heard about Kobe Bryant wanting to be the Will Smith of the NBA story too
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

was watching some three peat Lakers footage and one of the most impressive games was how we absolutely DESTROYED the Spurs in game 4 to cap off a sweep to the finals.

That Laker playoff run doesnt get no where near as much recognition as it deserves... the Blazers-Kings-Spurs buzzsaw the Lakers had to face to get to the finals is probably the most daunting challenge in NBA playoffs history and the Lakers swept through them all... all on the backs of Kobe and Shaq with no #3 option at all
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
was watching some three peat Lakers footage and one of the most impressive games was how we absolutely DESTROYED the Spurs in game 4 to cap off a sweep to the finals.

That Laker playoff run doesnt get no where near as much recognition as it deserves... the Blazers-Kings-Spurs buzzsaw the Lakers had to face to get to the finals is probably the most daunting challenge in NBA playoffs history and the Lakers swept through them all... all on the backs of Kobe and Shaq with no #3 option at all

That was a great one.

One of my favorite ones that might be a bit undated is game 1 against the Magic in the finals, the definition of Kobe being a force of nature - he put his imprint on the finals early and often in that game.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

That was a great one.

One of my favorite ones that might be a bit undated is game 1 against the Magic in the finals, the definition of Kobe being a force of nature - he put his imprint on the finals early and often in that game.

This couple of games is my favourite. What a back to back performance. On the road no less.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200105130SAC.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200105190SAS.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: