Bill walton has LOST it!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboxershorts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Bill walton has LOST it!

He refered to Sasha as an "assertive scorer"
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Bill walton has LOST it!

lakersboxershorts wrote:

Was he talking about on the court or off?
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject:

yeah he said Sasha has shown a lot of potential this year. He's gonna be out of the league once his contract is up.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject:

I bet you Sasha stays in the NBA for atleast 5-6 years . The kid has talent and Euro's develop late. He wil be a solid player in the NBA IMO
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:

He has talent? What and where is this talent? The guy can't do anything but shoot wide open spot up jumpers, and he's shooting a whopping 33%.
baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
yeah he said Sasha has shown a lot of potential this year. He's gonna be out of the league once his contract is up.

No he won't. He's so young, and he's the best shooter on the team in practice according to phil, it'll take him time to get comfortable on the court considering this is basically his rookie year. He got no playing time last year. He has shown potential what team are you watching? You expect him to be the second coming of kobe or what? He is what he is, he can shoot, has good instincts, he's young, and its going to take him time to develop a consitant game. Right now he gets after it on defense, he has alot of trouble with screens, but considering his age it would be foolish to give up on him already.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

baller wrote:
Sidious wrote:

No he won't. He's so young, and he's the best shooter on the team in practice according to phil, it'll take him time to get comfortable on the court considering this is basically his rookie year. He got no playing time last year. He has shown potential what team are you watching? You expect him to be the second coming of kobe or what? He is what he is, he can shoot, has good instincts, he's young, and its going to take him time to develop a consitant game. Right now he gets after it on defense, he has alot of trouble with screens, but considering his age it would be foolish to give up on him already.

What team am I watching? What team are you watching? What potential has he shown, the guy is incapable of doing anything except take wide open jump shots. He's one of the only players in the history of the game that's never created his own shot because he physically can't. Oh and did I mention he's a 35% shooter. And mentally the guy is an idiot, he really has no clue how to play the game. He's a liability on both sides of the ball, the guy flat out can't play.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

good point dancingbarry, wasn't he the one with the knockout girlfriend/wife(?)? I hate saying it, but as quick as he is defensively the best thing he could learn to do is flop. He defends the screen poorly, but if he could get a player to "run over him" in transition more often, I'd be happy. The guy will get plenty of wide open looks on offense, and maybe with the progression of Bynum and (gulp) Brown or Mihm, the Lakers will be strong enough on the boards to take pressure off of him. I don't think Fisher was a great outside shooter when he came in, but it helps having a dominant big inside and wide open looks. I'm not saying he will become a sharp shooter, but he will get pleny of opportunities if he plays better on defense and plays calm.
baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
baller wrote:
Sidious wrote:

What team am I watching? What team are you watching? What potential has he shown, the guy is incapable of doing anything except take wide open jump shots. He's one of the only players in the history of the game that's never created his own shot because he physically can't. Oh and did I mention he's a 35% shooter. And mentally the guy is an idiot, he really has no clue how to play the game. He's a liability on both sides of the ball, the guy flat out can't play.

There are not many players in the nba that can create their own shot with any consistancy. Kobe is the only one on our team that can. Yeah he is shooitng 35%, he comes in the game gets a couple of three point attempts or an extremely long 2, and thats it. First off all for a shooter its hard to find your rythm with that small amount of attempts, expecially for a rookie. Did you forget he didn't play last year? Besides his only role right now on the team is to try and stretch the d, and be a pest on defense which is what he is basically doing right now. Besides 33% from behind the arc when adjusted is like 50% from the field. So if all he is taking is three point attempts then that explains why his fg percentage is so low. Plus he's not getting consistent playing time. He is pesky on his man defense, he has trouble on screens. The guy is so young for you to sit there and say he has no potential is just plain wrong. You can say that he might not reach his potential and that is fair. But he see's the floor very well, so to say he's mentally an idiot just makes no sense. Your arguement is all based on emotions its clear in your writing, because you just don't like him is not a reason why he has no potential.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Bill walton has LOST it!

lakersboxershorts wrote:

Kids, this is why you shouldn't do drugs.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject:

baller wrote:
Sidious wrote:
baller wrote:
Sidious wrote:

There are not many players in the nba that can create their own shot with any consistancy. Kobe is the only one on our team that can. Yeah he is shooitng 35%, he comes in the game gets a couple of three point attempts or an extremely long 2, and thats it. First off all for a shooter its hard to find your rythm with that small amount of attempts, expecially for a rookie. Did you forget he didn't play last year? Besides his only role right now on the team is to try and stretch the d, and be a pest on defense which is what he is basically doing right now. Besides 33% from behind the arc when adjusted is like 50% from the field. So if all he is taking is three point attempts then that explains why his fg percentage is so low. Plus he's not getting consistent playing time. He is pesky on his man defense, he has trouble on screens. The guy is so young for you to sit there and say he has no potential is just plain wrong. You can say that he might not reach his potential and that is fair. But he see's the floor very well, so to say he's mentally an idiot just makes no sense. Your arguement is all based on emotions its clear in your writing, because you just don't like him is not a reason why he has no potential.

I don't like him because he's garbage. The guy does absolutely nothing positive on the basketball court. Pesky defense my foot, fouling guys 35 feet away from the basket is not pesky defense it's stupid. He's a stupid player, he doesn't know how to play the game. I don't expect him to be able to create his own shot consistently, but it wouldn't hurt if he could do it say one time in his life. And to call him a defense stretcher is laughable, the guy consistently throws up bricks. The thing is the guy has NO POTENTIAL, there's nothing he can do well. He is physically underdevloped to play in this league.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject:

sasha is NOT garbage...the guy clearly makes an effort, and tries to play hard and improve. but he needs better coaching than what he's getting from phil and the team. don't forget, this guy never played college ball, so he's got a lot to learn...he's young, give him a chance. his 3s have, at times, been a real killer for us, but he just needs to become more consistent.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject:

He's playing a helluva lot better than he was last season, I think there definitely is potential there.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject:

osj wrote:
sasha is NOT garbage...the guy clearly makes an effort, and tries to play hard and improve. but he needs better coaching than what he's getting from phil and the team. don't forget, this guy never played college ball, so he's got a lot to learn...he's young, give him a chance. his 3s have, at times, been a real killer for us, but he just needs to become more consistent.

playing pro ball since a teenager is way more experience ur gonna get than at the college level.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
osj wrote:

playing pro ball since a teenager is way more experience ur gonna get than at the college level.

even playing pro ball in europe? debatable, especially when players who can't make it in the US go over and become superstars.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

baller wrote:

No he won't. He's so young, and he's the best shooter on the team in practice according to phil,

i disagree, the best shooter is cook
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

what did bill walton say about luke??? i was at the game so i didnt hear him! he should have said...my son is only in the league because of me
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

Yeah, i couldn't believe he was saying that about Sasha. About Luke, nothing much, just how it feels to call games when he plays, the other guy went on about Luke's passing skills when he throw an assist to Kobe.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

baller wrote:
Sidious wrote:

I'll bet he is either out of the league after his rookie deal is up or only resigned by the Lakers who overvalue marginal scrubs.

He does nothing at a NBA level of competence, unless you count his FT percentage, which is pretty much meaningless since he gets to the line once a month.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

LOL you guys are funny. I can't wait for Sasha to have a monster nite and see you're reaction here on LG. I can picture it now...

Topic: Would you trade Sasha for Chris Paul?

Reply 1: Hell No! Unless the Hornets throws in a couple of 1st round picks in there.

Reply 2: No I wouldn't he has too much potential, I'd only give him up for LBJ.

Reply 3: Are you kidding me? Do you think the Celtics woulda traded Larry Bird? Sashas the next great white hope!

IMO, he'll be in the league for 8 to 10 years. He'll get his shooting once he's more comfortable and some team if not the Lakers would need his service ala Steve Kerr and Dan Majerle.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Bill walton has LOST it!

lakersboxershorts wrote:

Heard that too- almost choked on my burrito.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

He also thinks his son has NBA talent, too.
KobeLakers4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

Actually when you think about it, it is actually amazing that this team is slight above 500 when you consider the fact that this team is made up of stiffs that should not be even be playing in the NBA. Lot's of credit must be given to Kobe and Phil Jackson. I don't think there's a coach in the world besides PJ that could have achieved this success with the likes of Sasha, Walton, Brown, Green, Parker etc. Honestly the Lakers are a trully lucky bunch.
The crap that this administration has put on the court is really an embarrasement to us long time fans. This is a disease that was started after Jerry West left, and right now it is in its most chronic state.
un1bomber
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

sasha is a moving trap on defense, all he does is try to draw charges.. but usually gets called with the block
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

baller wrote:
Sidious wrote:
baller wrote:
Sidious wrote:

Sorry but this the NBA. You have to make the shot regardless. I know many other bench players that shoot better than have the same amount of minutes. That is no excuse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: