Lakers Moves by the Trade Deadline (Thursday, February 6 at Noon)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Lakers Moves by the Trade Deadline (Thursday, February 6 at Noon)

We have less than 52 hours before the trade deadline and a few needs to fill. With several key players on the block that can help us, what do the Lakers do to push our title hopes to a higher level?

If no Darren Collison, we desperately need a playmaker. Should we part ways with Kuzma to attain Derrick Rose? I'm not sure we are that desperate (yet). I'm even more reluctant to do so with how Rose played alongside LeBron in the past. Put maybe this is a different time and a different situation where both could flourish together.

A lot of eyes will also be on Andre Igoudala. I don't think we have the pieces to make a trade, so I'm hopeful that he doesn't get traded and gets cut after the deadline passes.

What other names are linked to the Lakers?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

Hmmm... Scrathes head... Hmmmm...
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

I don't think we should trade Kuzma for Rose. I wouldn't mind trading Kuzma = other assets for Covington or Bogdanovic. They both have been linked to the Lakers.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Collison-Dinwiddie-Green-KCP-Cook-IT

LeBron-AD-Iggy-Dudley-Jeff Green-JR smith

Howard-McGee-Cousins
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers Moves by the Trade Deadline (Thursday, February 6 at Noon)

Big Game James wrote:
We have less than 52 hours before the trade deadline and a few needs to fill. With several key players on the block that can help us, what do the Lakers do to push our title hopes to a higher level?

If no Darren Collison, we desperately need a playmaker. Should we part ways with Kuzma to attain Derrick Rose? I'm not sure we are that desperate (yet). I'm even more reluctant to do so with how Rose played alongside LeBron in the past. Put maybe this is a different time and a different situation where both could flourish together.

A lot of eyes will also be on Andre Igoudala. I don't think we have the pieces to make a trade, so I'm hopeful that he doesn't get traded and gets cut after the deadline passes.

1 - What is the status of Rose's injury?

2 - Would Iggy be the piece that put us over the top at his age, considering he hasn't played a second of basketball in 8 months?

3 - Is the team wedded to going after Giannis in 2021? That affects who they can target right now.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

If we get Collison, my bet is:

Talen Horton-Tucker for Glenn Robinson III
Avery Bradley for Reggie Bullock
Cut Troy Daniels for Collison

PG: James - Collison - Rondo
SG: KCP - Caruso - Cook
SF: Green - GRIII - Bullock
PF: Davis - Kuzma - Dudley
C: McGee - Howard - Cousins

If no Collison:

Bradley, 2nd for Ish Smith
THT for GRIII
Cut Daniels for Marvin Williams

PG: James - Smith - Rondo
SG: KCP - Caruso - Cook
SF: Green - GRIII - Dudley
PF: Davis - Kuzma - Williams
C: McGee - Howard - Cousins

This isn't necessarily my first preference for some of these moves, but just a bit of a guess as to what might happen. I think the three that will be moved are Bradley, THT and Daniels in any case. Gut feel is we can rule out any big-time moves
#18 next...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

Is the list so far nothing?
šŸ’œšŸ’› šŸ† šŸ‘€ šŸ– #18!!!
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

Feels like everything out there at this moment is pipe, which is weird for how late in the game it is.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

The FO is sleeping at the wheel
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers Moves by the Trade Deadline (Thursday, February 6 at Noon)

Big Game James wrote:

1. We haven't heard anything about Collison for a month. The feeling is if he decides to come back it won't be to after the trade deadline, when he can assess teams after the dust is settled.

2. The feeling is Iggy will go to the Mavericks. If they don't trade him, it will be interesting to see what he does. They still don't have to buy him out or cut him. They could play hardball because of the way he's acted: Give back $7 million or sit out the whole season -- your choice. If I were Memphis, I wouldn't cut him and let him possibly play for a team I might meet in the playoffs if there's nothing in it for me. And I don't think anyone would blame them.

3. Beyond that, they'll be a frenzy of trade rumors as always. Nothing is real until it's announced.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Feels like everything out there at this moment is pipe, which is weird for how late in the game it is.

There are always a ton of rumors. In reality, lots of years the trade deadline passes without any major deals. And commonly, most of the deals are reported the day before or the day of the deadline, so I don't expect anything until tomorrow.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:

You mean the FO where the GM just lost his best friend and goddaughter in a tragic accident, and where the rest of the FO has been dealing with the Kobe memorial and the fallout from said accident? Yeah, they're really asleep at the wheel there.

Also, we can presume you're privy to Pelinka's phone calls and you know for a fact he's neither taken nor made any calls to other GMs?

Nonsense.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

You mean the FO where the GM just lost his best friend and goddaughter in a tragic accident, and where the rest of the FO has been dealing with the Kobe memorial and the fallout from said accident? Yeah, they're really asleep at the wheel there.

Also, we can presume you're privy to Pelinka's phone calls and you know for a fact he's neither taken nor made any calls to other GMs?

Nonsense.

Coach Wooden
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nonsense.

Because there has been soooo many deals so far.

#badtake
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Sad as the tragedy was life still moves on. They are still playing games, far as I remember only the lakers-clippers game was postponed, that excuse will not mean anything if the team is not improved enough to win the championship

Nonsense.

#badtake
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nonsense.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

#badtake

His post went over your head it seems

Coach Wooden
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:

Reports indicate that Collison isn't going to make a decision on coming back, and where to play if he comes back, until after the trade deadline.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Reports indicate that Collison isn't going to make a decision on coming back, and where to play if he comes back, until after the trade deadline.
if we are waiting on someone to come out of retirement and without doing anything else then we are stupid
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Which is why Iā€™m thinking we need to trade for a point guard as well as get Collison. We can start DC alongside LeBron if we end up getting someone like an Ish Smith for the bench
#18 next...
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nonsense.

#badtake

who are you referring to?
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nonsense.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

#badtake

Truthfully the both of you. The Lakers have been a little preoccupied with a tragedy of late, and you have no idea what Rob is doing. Magic is gone so are the massive leaks.

Coach Wooden
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nonsense.

#badtake

Truthfully the both of you. The Lakers have been a little preoccupied with a tragedy of late, and you have no idea what Rob is doing.

My post went over your head it seems as I am agreeing with Rg73.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nonsense.

#badtake

Truthfully the both of you. The Lakers have been a little preoccupied with a tragedy of late, and you have no idea what Rob is doing.

My post went over your head it seems as I am agreeing with Rg73.

Then I stand corrected..... I misread my bad.

Coach Wooden

Last edited by SpunkieLakerCat on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Which trades that went down in the last week should we have been in on?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Which trades that went down in the last week should we have been in on?

Yeah, Pastor's comment is a little silly.

We have no idea what the FO is doing.

And even if the FO doesn't make a deal, that doesn't mean they aren't working or made a mistake. Our only real tradeable asset is Kuzma, and any deal depends on how much he is valued by GMs who have players we want.

I'm not expecting us to make any trades, personally.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: