Lakers Moves by the Trade Deadline (Thursday, February 6 at Noon)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
The FO is sleeping at the wheel
Some of the best trades are the ones you don’t make.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

You mean the FO where the GM just lost his best friend and goddaughter in a tragic accident, and where the rest of the FO has been dealing with the Kobe memorial and the fallout from said accident? Yeah, they're really asleep at the wheel there.

Also, we can presume you're privy to Pelinka's phone calls and you know for a fact he's neither taken nor made any calls to other GMs?

Nonsense.

Love you my dude, RG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Imo what we need is another perimeter defending combo forward and we need a guard who can create and is a pure scorer. I can up with a deal with the Hornets. Idk where Charlotte stands with Devonte Graham but he’s a guy I think is ideal 6th man for our team or tbh maybe even be our starting PG. the Hornets already have big money in Rozier who has been playing actually decent. A scoring forward like Kuzma might be better in the long run. Kuzma being a starter and 1st option imo is at least a 21-24ppg scorer, he’s shown that when given the ball he’s a scoring machine. I’d also like to get Michael Kidd-Gilcrist, dude is an ass of a shooter but he’s a very good defender and would have a very solid role off the bench. We send them Bradley, Cook, and maybe a 2nd since MKG is expiring and Bradley and Cook both being 2year deals.

Tbh tho I think Charlotte really likes Graham and won’t trade him, I just think giving them a scoring forward makes more sense than 2 undersized guards leading the way.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Other guys I like
-Kendrick Nunn
-Duncan Robinson
- Denzel Valentine (could be cheap, he’s not that bad. Just needs a new home. Could be an underrated get)
- Bogdan Bogdanovic
- Buddy Hield (ideal guy for this team, may be worth too much tho)
- Byrn Forbes
- Derrick White (great contract)
- Patty Mills (very good vet player)
- Derrick Rose (who wouldn’t want Drose and a chance at a chip.)
- Luke Kennard (not sure why DET has him on the block. Good smart player)
- Ish Smith (underrated scorer, could be cheap to get)
- Spencer Dinwiddie (I’d love him but he’s expiring and not sure I see us resigning him. One of the most underrated guys in the league and would be perfect)
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Which trades that went down in the last week should we have been in on?

Yeah, Pastor's comment is a little silly.

We have no idea what the FO is doing.

And even if the FO doesn't make a deal, that doesn't mean they aren't working or made a mistake. Our only real tradeable asset is Kuzma, and any deal depends on how much he is valued by GMs who have players we want.

I'm not expecting us to make any trades, personally.

That's what a lot of people do not get. It's extremely difficult to workout a trade as a contender when you have very limited assets and want to actually improve this season. Pretty much anyone we get will obviously be making a good amount more then Kuzma so we have to figure out who else will be included as well (Probably the easiest part but we have to factor in Chemistry which has been a huge plus this season and can change over night with a few bad decisions). I'm all for a trade that improves the team but i'm also completely against a trade just for the hell of it to shake things up and hope for the best. That could greatly hurt us just as much as help us imo.

We're already right there with the best teams maybe just slightly behind a few as of right now in the season but even without a trade and a few solid buyout pickups or Collison could even get us to the level we need. The NBA is wide open this season, there is no clear favorite just a hand full of legit Contenders and we're one of them...
Mustaine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

rmonkey wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Some of the best trades are the ones you don’t make.

So true.

I still remember that Danny Granger trade that destroyed the Indiana Pacers.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Not a lot of conversation here with the deadline only 25 hours away! Here's what I found:

LINK
Quote:
"The Knicks and Lakers have touched base about Kuzma, SNY’s Ian Begley confirms. It seems likely that the player going back to LA in the deal would be Marcus Morris."

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Which trades that went down in the last week should we have been in on?

Yeah, Pastor's comment is a little silly.

We have no idea what the FO is doing.

And even if the FO doesn't make a deal, that doesn't mean they aren't working or made a mistake. Our only real tradeable asset is Kuzma, and any deal depends on how much he is valued by GMs who have players we want.

I'm not expecting us to make any trades, personally.

Too bad because Kuz is pulling his annual work hard before the trade deadline routine. I wouldn't bet 50 bucks that he's not gonna regress to the mean after the 7th. Elden had better concentration as he was able to focus for a full contract year to get paid. Kuz doesn't like working as hard off the ball as he did vs SA and doesn't like to think too hard. Even Javale yelled at him for not paying attention, which is a bad thing -- his reply, "Re-LAAAX!" They're not gonna deal him just for the sake of it, but I hope if there is an upgrade to be had that Rob isn't gunshy and has some maudlin reason for holding onto their last remaining yute (because he wasn't their best last yute, that was Ingram).

I read that Vlade offered Bjelica, but that's either bogus or suspicious. Vlade offering up a Balkan baller? Must be a reason. He likes those more than cigarettes.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vdklym2

Risky, but worth it, IMO.

Kuz/Caruso/Green for Lavine/Kornet
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Report: Teams inquiring about Lakers' Caruso
Multiple teams reportedly are inquiring about Lakers guard Alex Caruso, according to a report from Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. The 25-year-old undrafted guard has quickly become a fan-favorite in Los Angeles during his first three seasons in the league. In 46 games with the Lakers this season, Caruso is averaging 5.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 18.4 minutes. According to Eric Pincus of NBA TV and B/R, the Lakers have received more calls about Caruso "than just about anyone else" on their roster.

nba.com
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
Multiple teams reportedly are inquiring about Lakers guard Alex Caruso, according to a report from Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. The 25-year-old undrafted guard has quickly become a fan-favorite in Los Angeles during his first three seasons in the league. In 46 games with the Lakers this season, Caruso is averaging 5.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 18.4 minutes. According to Eric Pincus of NBA TV and B/R, the Lakers have received more calls about Caruso "than just about anyone else" on their roster.

nba.com

Would make sense.
He's cheap
Her plays hard
2 way player
Can do a little bit of everything

LG is spoiled. Just like they thought kcp was over paid and terrible. Now they think Caruso is expendable.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Jenn wrote:

nba.com

Would make sense.
He's cheap
Her plays hard
2 way player

LG is spoiled. Just like they thought kcp was over paid and terrible. Now they think Caruso is expendable.

Who wants to dump the bald eagle? I love that guy
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Just sign Collison and call it a day
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
defense wrote:
Jenn wrote:

nba.com

Would make sense.
He's cheap
Her plays hard
2 way player

You have to give up something to get something.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

This is where I’m at
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

There’s simply no one we can trade that’s worth the cost. Kuzma and Caruso are both starting caliber players on dirt cheap contracts for 2 years. You don’t give those away.

Convince Collison to sign and call it a day.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Finding the lack of a timely decision by Collison annoying.

If he wants to play then make a decision and play. Why wait until or even after the All Star break? Get in some practice time and coaching over the break. Be ready for the stretch run.

Currently at 49 games. Four to go before the break and only 29 left in the season when they get back. Why not take advantage of the opportunity with whichever team he picks. Absurd to keep delaying.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

With what has been rumored to be available, the guys we should be willing to deal are: Kuzma, Cook, Daniels, Dudley, Cousins

I’m not even considering trying to move McGee, KCP or Rondo due to their contract situations. Dwight has also been so good that there’s no way we should trade him. However, if we’re going to add Collison then I would expand the above list of tradable players to include Bradley, Caruso and maybe even Danny Green. We certainly need to keep 2 of those 3 for defensive reasons, but I’d move one of them along with Kuzma to upgrade significantly at one position if Collison is joining the team as well.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject:

The thing that sucks about Collison waiting until after the all star break is that the Lakers don't know if they should create a roster spot now or not. Maybe Collison lowkey already told the Lakers he is coming and that is why they are trying to trade for Morris.

If the Lakers just stand pat and Collison says he will sign then the Lakers have to waive someone that maybe they could have traded for a 2nd rounder.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
defense wrote:
Jenn wrote:

nba.com

Would make sense.
He's cheap
Her plays hard
2 way player

It seems like many Lakers fans think Caruso is literally a star and should be untouchable in any trade discussions.

I like the way he hustles and gives 100% effort, but the way that Lakers fans value him is ridiculous.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Please
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
DrDent wrote:
defense wrote:
Jenn wrote:

nba.com

Would make sense.
He's cheap
Her plays hard
2 way player

It seems like many Lakers fans think Caruso is literally a star and should be untouchable in any trade discussions.

I like the way he hustles and gives 100% effort, but the way that Lakers fans value him is ridiculous.

Not really, most people are just having fun with it that I see.. Nobody really thinks he's a potential goat or a Kobe level white mamba. I mostly wouldn't trade him because I doubt we get close to equal value back which is the same reason I probably wouldn't trade Kuzma either. Unless some great offer comes around there's no reason to move either of them imo. Having players like Caruso on a Contender is extremely valuable as they are dirt cheap and always give full effort and are good every once in awhile to completely turn the momentum of a game around in our favor. Not to mention him and Kuz are two of the only decent players on the Lakers that are still "young".
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

Iguodala to the HEAT.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:26 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
The thing that sucks about Collison waiting until after the all star break is that the Lakers don't know if they should create a roster spot now or not. Maybe Collison lowkey already told the Lakers he is coming and that is why they are trying to trade for Morris.

If the Lakers just stand pat and Collison says he will sign then the Lakers have to waive someone that maybe they could have traded for a 2nd rounder.

Maybe Collison has already made up his mind and communicated it to a team, but is just trying to keep the other team confused.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Other guys I like
-Kendrick Nunn
-Duncan Robinson
- Denzel Valentine (could be cheap, he’s not that bad. Just needs a new home. Could be an underrated get)
- Bogdan Bogdanovic
- Buddy Hield (ideal guy for this team, may be worth too much tho)
- Byrn Forbes
- Derrick White (great contract)
- Patty Mills (very good vet player)
- Derrick Rose (who wouldn’t want Drose and a chance at a chip.)
- Luke Kennard (not sure why DET has him on the block. Good smart player)
- Ish Smith (underrated scorer, could be cheap to get)
- Spencer Dinwiddie (I’d love him but he’s expiring and not sure I see us resigning him. One of the most underrated guys in the league and would be perfect)

Dinwiddie was extended at a very cheap contract over the next 4 years. He’s an all star level pg. I still strongly say the nets should wait u til the offseason and see if they can’t mKe a package of Spencer/Caris/Clayton and a first for Beal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: