Lakers Moves by the Trade Deadline (Thursday, February 6 at Noon)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

no idea why everybody is so high on Dinwiddie, he is shooting 41.9% from the field to go with 31.6 % from 3...thats pretty bad
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
no idea why everybody is so high on Dinwiddie, he is shooting 41.9% from the field to go with 31.6 % from 3...thats pretty bad

Shot creator/playmaker. Gives us something we desperately need. He's not a great 3 point shooter but he's great at getting to the rim.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

And he plays with a lot of heart.
Also is comfortable being the guy off the bench, as he showed last season.

There is no way in hell the Lakers can get Spencer though. The Nets valued him more than DLO even after DLO had an all-star season. Can not see him be moved for Kuz and a rotation player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

There is no way in hell the Lakers can get Spencer though. The Nets valued him more than DLO even after DLO had an all-star season. Can not see him be moved for Kuz and a rotation player.

That’s not necessarily true. The cost to retain Dinwiddie is significantly less than DLo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

That’s not necessarily true. The cost to retain Dinwiddie is significantly less than DLo.

Right. Spencer cost less than half of DLO's price.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

Sign Collison and pick up a wing defender from the waiver wire or g league and lets win a chip
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Even when they had not tried to sign DLO, there was talk (about a year ago) that they would retain SD and let DLO go. That is exactly what happened. They are very very high on Spencer. I think DLO is the better player, but what I am saying is the Nets value Spencer more than a normal team would. Perhaps getting Kyrie changed that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Even when they had not tried to sign DLO, there was talk (about a year ago) that they would retain SD and let DLO go. That is exactly what happened. They are very very high on Spencer. I think DLO is the better player, but what I am saying is the Nets value Spencer more than a normal team would. Perhaps getting Kyrie changed that.

Yeah, but what I’m saying is that they love his value more. If you control the price disparity, my guess is they would pick DLo.

I prefer DLo as a player myself, but, Dinwiddie is like what, almost a third of the price?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Spencer is up for a big pay day soon. And they've locked into Kyrie/KD as their future so he becomes an expensive luxury as he and Kyrie are not compatible.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Spencer is up for a big pay day soon. And they've locked into Kyrie/KD as their future so he becomes an expensive luxury as he and Kyrie are not compatible.

they've played like 15-20 games together right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure. But it's oil/water. I don't see any way they fit together.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

when you include KD as the extra ballhandler I could agree. I'm just generally not opposed to 2 ball handlers in a lineup. 3 sure
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

when you include KD as the extra ballhandler I could agree. I'm just generally not opposed to 2 ball handlers in a lineup. 3 sure

I just think Kyrie monopolizes the ball so thoroughly that Spencer is just unnecessary at that point. Add in KD, yeah.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
slavavov wrote:
DrDent wrote:
defense wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Report: Teams inquiring about Lakers' Caruso
Multiple teams reportedly are inquiring about Lakers guard Alex Caruso, according to a report from Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. The 25-year-old undrafted guard has quickly become a fan-favorite in Los Angeles during his first three seasons in the league. In 46 games with the Lakers this season, Caruso is averaging 5.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 18.4 minutes. According to Eric Pincus of NBA TV and B/R, the Lakers have received more calls about Caruso "than just about anyone else" on their roster.

nba.com

Would make sense.
He's cheap
Her plays hard
2 way player
Can do a little bit of everything

LG is spoiled. Just like they thought kcp was over paid and terrible. Now they think Caruso is expendable.

Who wants to dump the bald eagle? I love that guy

It seems like many Lakers fans think Caruso is literally a star and should be untouchable in any trade discussions.

I like the way he hustles and gives 100% effort, but the way that Lakers fans value him is ridiculous.

Not really, most people are just having fun with it that I see.. Nobody really thinks he's a potential goat or a Kobe level white mamba. I mostly wouldn't trade him because I doubt we get close to equal value back which is the same reason I probably wouldn't trade Kuzma either. Unless some great offer comes around there's no reason to move either of them imo. Having players like Caruso on a Contender is extremely valuable as they are dirt cheap and always give full effort and are good every once in awhile to completely turn the momentum of a game around in our favor. Not to mention him and Kuz are two of the only decent players on the Lakers that are still "young".

What would "equal value" for Caruso be?

When he played well late last season I had hope that if the work ethic and desire were there he could develop into a legit 2nd string guard.

He's been shooting better lately, but he's still a 3rd string guard imo.

I don't understand why some still think Caruso is a starting caliber guard right now.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
hype wrote:
slavavov wrote:
DrDent wrote:
defense wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Report: Teams inquiring about Lakers' Caruso
Multiple teams reportedly are inquiring about Lakers guard Alex Caruso, according to a report from Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. The 25-year-old undrafted guard has quickly become a fan-favorite in Los Angeles during his first three seasons in the league. In 46 games with the Lakers this season, Caruso is averaging 5.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 18.4 minutes. According to Eric Pincus of NBA TV and B/R, the Lakers have received more calls about Caruso "than just about anyone else" on their roster.

nba.com

Would make sense.
He's cheap
Her plays hard
2 way player
Can do a little bit of everything

LG is spoiled. Just like they thought kcp was over paid and terrible. Now they think Caruso is expendable.

Who wants to dump the bald eagle? I love that guy

It seems like many Lakers fans think Caruso is literally a star and should be untouchable in any trade discussions.

I like the way he hustles and gives 100% effort, but the way that Lakers fans value him is ridiculous.

Not really, most people are just having fun with it that I see.. Nobody really thinks he's a potential goat or a Kobe level white mamba. I mostly wouldn't trade him because I doubt we get close to equal value back which is the same reason I probably wouldn't trade Kuzma either. Unless some great offer comes around there's no reason to move either of them imo. Having players like Caruso on a Contender is extremely valuable as they are dirt cheap and always give full effort and are good every once in awhile to completely turn the momentum of a game around in our favor. Not to mention him and Kuz are two of the only decent players on the Lakers that are still "young".

What would "equal value" for Caruso be?

When he played well late last season I had hope that if the work ethic and desire were there he could develop into a legit 2nd string guard.

He's been shooting better lately, but he's still a 3rd string guard imo.

I don't understand why some still think Caruso is a starting caliber guard right now.

He does all the small things that do not show up on the stat sheet. There's a reason why his teammates including Lebron love him so much and more times then not even if his shot is not dropping a few good things usually always happen due to his activity and scappiness on both ends.

He doesn't really have a high value but that's kind of the problem since what we would get offered back is probably a wash at best and unless that player does something great that we're in need of (playmaking, shooting, guarding 3-4's) then whats the point? Caruso is a young energy guy that does many things decently but nothing great (with some potential still there as well). He's that mediocre role player that the fans love ala Ronny Turiaf or Sasha. Nothing more nothing less.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

rmonkey wrote:
Some of the best trades are the ones you don’t make.

DrDent wrote:
Just sign Collison and call it a day

Doc JC wrote:
There’s simply no one we can trade that’s worth the cost. Kuzma and Caruso are both starting caliber players on dirt cheap contracts for 2 years. You don’t give those away.

Convince Collison to sign and call it a day.

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Sign Collison and pick up a wing defender from the waiver wire or g league and lets win a chip

Say that we only need to make minimal moves again, I dare you
#18 next...
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
rmonkey wrote:
Some of the best trades are the ones you don’t make.

DrDent wrote:
Just sign Collison and call it a day

Doc JC wrote:
There’s simply no one we can trade that’s worth the cost. Kuzma and Caruso are both starting caliber players on dirt cheap contracts for 2 years. You don’t give those away.

Convince Collison to sign and call it a day.

lakerfanaticPT wrote:

Say that we only need to make minimal moves again, I dare you

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: