I really feel sorry for Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

If you feel some of the players are not giving a 100% then some of that fault false on KB. As a leader and example on this team he has to call out people that maybe slacking. (not necessarily in public)

And if you think the GM has spent JUST the last 2 years wasting KB prime years, then;

Every GM McGrady has has done it his whole career,
Bostin has done it to Pierce his whole career,
Minnisota has done it to Garnett his whole career,
New Jersey has done it to AI,
Dirk, Allen, Carter, Webber, etc.

Yeah all of those superstar's had teams that did well at least once, and by well I mean conference finals at least, but they also had some mediocre years.

Get over it we are rebuilding.
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:
"I really feel bad for Kobe"

Not me. He is a millionaire, he loves his job, he is great at his job, his job is a game, he has a beautiful family, he lives in So Cal...

Nope - not me!

My sentiment exactly! I dont feel sorry for him, I mean why should I?
Btw I know threads like this are pretty much the norm here but I wonder how many times we will continue to have this debate ,with each person consistently echoing whatever it was they said the last time a thread like this popped up which was probably only about 5 mins ago Laker Nation doesnt do good with times of hardships, apparently...

RIP Jayden Odom
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
If you feel some of the players are not giving a 100% then some of that fault false on KB. As a leader and example on this team he has to call out people that maybe slacking. (not necessarily in public)

Who's to say that he hasn't? The players don't always respond.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

The money and the fame can be quite motivating. Kobe wants to be the best in the game, but the other things go along with being a great player on a Chamionship team. The money does mean something, otherwise he might sign with the Lakers for league minimum to allow the Lakers to sign an additional All-Star type player. It's not a bad thing to want to be compensated at the going rate. Kobe getting a maximum contract comes with the territory. The Lakers are receiving value for their money. Imagine how bad the team would be if Kobe had opted to join the Clippers. The Lakers tickets would have less value.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

i get the feeling most of kobe's teammates(especially lamar) are intimidated by kobe. his fire for the game maybe intimidates some players. i think this because lamar always makes comments like, "i love playing with mr. bryant, he is the best in the game, we need to help him". either that or lamar always talks like that.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:
i get the feeling most of kobe's teammates(especially lamar) are intimidated by kobe. his fire for the game maybe intimidates some players. i think this because lamar always makes comments like, "i love playing with mr. bryant, he is the best in the game, we need to help him". either that or lamar always talks like that.

I think Lamar is just not comfortable not having the ball for so many stretches

He is struggling with being an off the ball player. That's the biggest problem IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

yea , i sure do fell sorry for kobe bryant, the man plays a game for a living, makes 15 million dollars, and drives a ferrari too work..poor kobe..im going to go sit in the corner and cry
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Purplereign34 wrote:

He is struggling with being an off the ball player. That's the biggest problem IMO.

lamar is going to be trade, lamar is going to be trade, lamar is going to be trade lala, lala ,laaaa. lamar is going to be trade...we are getting k.g, we are getting k.g...we are getting k.g and not kendal gill ..but kevin garnett ...this offseasonn cant get here fast enough, either mitch is fired or we get k.g..win/win proposition in my opinion
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
yea , i sure do fell sorry for kobe bryant, the man plays a game for a living, makes 15 million dollars, and drives a ferrari too work..poor kobe..im going to go sit in the corner and cry

my point exactly. Laker woes aside dude has a pretty great life all things considered. At least he's not living in a third world coutry worrying about how he's going to get his daughters next meal which btw is only the eqivalent of about 5 cents...

RIP Jayden Odom
HateitorLoveit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

kobe's giving it his all, aint no one working as hard as he, good's gotta step it up now man
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

our FO lives in a dream world (kg? jo? lebron? etc.), and that's the problem.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Purplereign34 wrote:

Oh gimme a break. This excuse makes absolutely no sense. What has Lamar Odom ever done in his career that would warrant him needing the ball so much? It's not like he's coming from a situation where he was a 20-25 ppg scorer who took a lot of shots and he's having to give up touches. That I could understand. But he's always been passive, with or without the basketball.

And you think his biggest problem is that he's struggling playing off the ball?? That is ridiculous. Lamar doesn't have a ball problem. He has a heart problem. He doesn't hustle. He can't sustain positive energy or focus. He disappears when Kobe needs him to pick up some slack.

Lamar Odom is not the King of Egypt. Conditions cannot be custom made to his every deficiency just so he can do things he's supposed to do anyway. I refuse to believe that the reason why he can't tune himself into a basketball game everynight is because he doesn't have the ball enough.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

At least Lamar no longer seems to call him Mr. Bryant.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Its obvious Odom sometimes doesn't give it his all on both sides of the court, but dont act like Kobe does. His defense against normal or a little above average players is horrible. He doesn''t play 100 percent true defense. He cheats a lot instead of playing good tough D that he is capable of if it was a SUPERSTAR. Recently Clips and Kings games. Kobe would just stand there taking his time while his opponent who he should guard is getting open. The oppenent gets the ball shoots and kobe is too late to get there. And please don't give me that thing He gets to tired, because on that same position I saw Kobe get a pass by Smush and run up the court to shoot.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Who doesn't feel bad for him, he gives 110 percent each time, but sometimes on defense he bothers me.

I don't feel too bad for him. He signed with the Lakers when he could have gone anywhere else. Do I feel bad because he is living up to his commitment? No, and I am sure Kobe doesn't either.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:
Just a point of clarification, Wolf.

On one hand you say:

Quote:
He knows the Lakers track record as do I. They will get a lot better over the next 1-2 years.

and then, in another post you write:

Quote:
Most of the crap that you see now, won't be here in 2-3 years. So to get all mad about players that won't likely be here in a couple of years is kind of a waste of time IMO

When you wrote "they" in the first post, who were you referring too? The Laker organization/team? Or it's current members?

The reason I ask is because, aside from Bynum, I don't see too much "upside" to ANY player on this roster - including your beloved Lamar who is arguably no better player today than he was as a rookie.

So if you readily acknowledge that there are issues of "effort" with regard to these players, why wait for the 2-3 years?

Get rid of them NOW!

There is a collective bargaining agreement that governs how and when the Lakers can get rid of some of these contracts. Trading them for worse contracts just to trade them isn't a very good idea.
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

EXACTLY what I think every night...he needs a MUCH better supporting class and he will be on a championship run lock team, trust me.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't Kobe also have a sweet Bike, not just a Ferrari???

lakersfan4life69 wrote:
i think you overrate kobe's desire to win vs. kobe's desire to be the quote unquote man in the NBA. personally, i think the guy would rather average 34-35 a night and have the occasional 60 (or 81) point game for a mediocre team than play second fiddle for a championship team. everyone drools about kobe bryant's ridiculous scoring output, but i for one thought he was as good (if not better) player when he was getting 26 or 27 a night with 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and a couple of steals. he was never second fiddle to me, but that's what happens when you listen to clowns like charles barkely and kenny smith who say all those titles belong to shaq.

Kobe was fine playing "second fiddle" until Shaq pissed him off. You probably have no idea how badly it goes on behind closed doors. Shaq's a good man off the court.. oh wait didn't anyone see Shaq PUNKD? Anyways, behind closed doors we kind of know a bit already and Shaq isn't exactly the perfect leader. Kobe said he'll do whatever Phil wants him to, and that was make Shaq the main offensive option and Kobe put up with that for over a half a decade.

And about Kobe scoring a lot. I think Kobe would be fine scoring 27 on this team if the other players picked up their scoring. I mean did you watch the brutal Clipper game? Brick after brick after brick until Kobe brings them back. Guess what? Kwame can't make a layup, can't catch a pass, Odom can't make close to the basket shots yet he brings in 11 mill a year into his pockets.

81 point game. I think the Lakers were down 18 until Kobe brought them back in. Kobe is about winning, or else he wouldn't be so pissed off losing games. I'm a fan and I get pissed off. Imagine how badly he gets pissed off. That doesn't mean I feel sorry for him though. Just empathize.
jst1wish2
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

what is sad about this whole thing is that the lakers turned to the clippers (trying to save money and don't care about the fans) and the clips turned to be winners this year. I just think it's unfair to us laker fans to just accept this crappy team, while buss collects his money!!!! it sucks!!!!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Who doesn't feel bad for him, he gives 110 percent each time, but sometimes on defense he bothers me.

I don't feel too bad for him. He signed with the Lakers when he could have gone anywhere else. Do I feel bad because he is living up to his commitment? No, and I am sure Kobe doesn't either.

I don't feel bad for him either but I can relate to any frustration he may have with his teammates who lack his heart and determination to want it as much as he does. I think that's what the sentiment is behind this post.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

What I saw last night was embarrasing. You could see Phil having Kobe back off a little in the 3rd to have the other guys step up and we failed miserably.

I swear the only players who came with heart were Kobe and Cook. Mihm just isn't himself, yet.

As a a LO supporter, I realized what Elgin Baylor meant by "character flaws" when they let him go to Miami. The guy lacks the deep down grit to oppose his will on the opposition. I'm not going to bash him or his game, but his mentality must change if we are ever going to be successful with him on the squad.

Peace and love people.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe needs help badly.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I thought Lamar was on to something until last night...damn I guess Kobe thought the same thing.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I feel sorry for him to a certain extent. He does have to bust his ass in order to make the Lakers win. However he is a millionaire, drives home in his Ferrari and gets to bang his smoking hot big ass latina wife.....Not trying to forget to mention he is the best basketball player in the world. Poor Kobe........................................
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

KingKobeDubbz wrote:
I feel sorry for him to a certain extent. He does have to bust his ass in order to make the Lakers win. However he is a millionaire, drives home in his Ferrari and gets to bang his smoking hot big ass latina wife.....Not trying to forget to mention he is the best basketball player in the world. Poor Kobe........................................

Sucks for Kobe on the court to have teammates like Walton and Odom and well off the court I agree with dubbz. Kobe practically has the perfect life.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: