I really feel sorry for Kobe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: I really feel sorry for Kobe

Man, seriously. if you look at the way he plays, he gives 110% each and every play offensively and defensively, and sometimes his teammates look like they don't care about it, that just makes me sick. how frustrating is it ? i dunno but don't wanna know either.

I love Kobe as a player, and as a person because he has heart and determination and i think is not fair for him having clowns around him.

You guys can bash me all U want for calling the other players "clowns" but, that's just the way i feel about them

Thoughts
Endure 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:

They're really squandering Kobe's years away, but theres nothing that can be done. Latard can't even have a string of good games together, Smush still doesn't realise that playground defense is illegal, Kwame is just a poor excuse and Mihm is the only player other than Kobe or Andrew that show any sort of heart.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

You won't get any bashing from me. I'm in total agreement.

The thing is, nobody's asking these guys to go out there and be allstars. Just go out there and give 110%. Keep your head in the game. Stay focused. Avoid silly mistakes. Make your damn shots when defenses collapse on Kobe. This is all we ask, and they can't even do that. I see effort from Mihm and Cook, but certain guys on this team just make me sick to my stomach. The games aren't even fun to watch anymore.

If we give the effort and lose, I'm ok, but it just pisses me off when we throw away games because of lack of effort and sloppy, careless play.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:

Endure 12 wrote:
They're really squandering Kobe's years away, but theres nothing that can be done. Latard can't even have a string of good games together, Smush still doesn't realise that playground defense is illegal, Kwame is just a poor excuse and Mihm is the only player other than Kobe or Andrew that show any sort of heart.

Even DG is starting to show heart
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:

I know LO lovers ( as always ) will nash me on this one, but I think LO does not give a rat's tail about winning, he does not show commintment !

makes me sickkkkkkkk
Endure 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

^They say, once a Clipper...always a Clipper.

mrdectown wrote:
Endure 12 wrote:

Even DG is starting to show heart

That's money hungar, that dumb **** just realised that he's on a contract year.
jim155
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

with two franchise killers (Phile and Mitch) onboard, kobe may be in a more sorry path than KG and AI going forward, feel bad for him
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

dadliboi wrote:

You won't get any bashing from me. I'm in total agreement.

The thing is, nobody's asking these guys to go out there and be allstars. Just go out there and give 110%. Keep your head in the game. Stay focused. Avoid silly mistakes. Make your damn shots when defenses collapse on Kobe. This is all we ask, and they can't even do that. I see effort from Mihm and Cook, but certain guys on this team just make me sick to my stomach. The games aren't even fun to watch anymore.

If we give the effort and lose, I'm ok, but it just pisses me off when we throw away games because of lack of effort and sloppy, careless play.

That's the money line, right there. We're not asking for the world. Just a little effort, that's all. Kobe is more than willing and able to take the brunt of the load. All these bums have to do is play hard.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject:

Front office doesn't seem to care that they are wasting Kobe's prime.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:

That is EXACTLY what I think !
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Who doesn't feel bad for him, he gives 110 percent each time, but sometimes on defense he bothers me.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

All Iwant is players that give 100% on the floor, is that asking too much ?????????

In every job (and i am a salesperson so i know about this ) you have to give 110% to be good at it. Why wait for Kobe to do it all while watching him ? We need hustle, passion, love for the game around him !

I felt frustrated last night
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:

Well, apparently Mitch is justifying it by trying to say on average, a player's prime is 28-32; in other words, don't worry about it, Kobe's got time. What a jerk.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

Well, apparently Mitch is justifying it by trying to say on average, a player's prime is 28-32; in other words, don't worry about it, Kobe's got time. What a jerk.

Amen
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: I really feel sorry for Kobe

40ptmachine wrote:
Man, seriously. if you look at the way he plays, he gives 110% each and every play offensively and defensively, and sometimes his teammates look like they don't care about it, that just makes me sick. how frustrating is it ? i dunno but don't wanna know either.

I love Kobe as a player, and as a person because he has heart and determination and i think is not fair for him having clowns around him.

You guys can bash me all U want for calling the other players "clowns" but, that's just the way i feel about them

Thoughts

I'm sorry but he does not give it 110% on every defensive play. He'd be superhuman to do so with his offensive responsibilities. I'd say he gives it 50% effort defensively.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

Kobe knew that this would be a process.

If he wanted to have a super talented team that was a 50+ win team each season, he goes to the Clippers.

He knows the Lakers track record as do I. They will get a lot better over the next 1-2 years.

You guys just can't seem to wait for a damn thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

^^^That's a bailout answer. We're talking about effort. You should be able to play hard no matter your level of talent.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

If he wanted to have a super talented team that was a 50+ win team each season, he goes to the Clippers.

He knows the Lakers track record as do I. They will get a lot better over the next 1-2 years.

Keep telling yourself that wolf.
jim155
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

It has been 2 years since kobe signed the new contract, we are still a trash team, and I don't see any damn light in the near future.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

If someone other than Mitch was GM, I might be inclined to agree with you; all things being equal, my hopes for Kobe's prime are fading rapidly.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
^^^That's a bailout answer. We're talking about effort. You should be able to play hard no matter your level of talent.

I agree on that.

But I was there in the early 90's too.

The kids back then were like this and yet MORE talented than Smush/Kwame etc.

The Lakers have kids. They don't have men. I'm sorry to have to say that but it's the truth.

These guys have little to none NBA experience.

Has Smush ever been a backup consistently - let alone a starter?
What has Kwame done to earn a starting job?
Green/Walton/Turiaf look like NDBL players.

I'm not blind. I see the limitations. But it is what it is. Has been for 50+ games now. Just accept that this team is a .500 to .550 team and move on.

The Lakers have their goals (KG, Lebron, Capspace) and we just have to accept it.

The cost of aiming so high is that you must take on a relatively weak roster. It's part of re-building too. The reason we get confused is that a) we have Kobe and b) Lamar plays like a star occassionly and they look like a very good team.

Reality is that they are what they are. .500-.550 - have been all season.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Exactly. Working hard and acting you give a $%^# about winning shouldn't be part of the 'process.' Most of these guys have been playing basketball since they could walk. Peewee leagues, AAU, high school, college...the hardwork and effort part should be down to a science by the time they make it to the NBA.

I'll say it for the umpteenth time. Losing is part of the game. Piss poor effort is unacceptable.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Not really. I wasn't the one that said Caron Butler trade was good. I slammed that trade trumendously.

I said from the start of the season, the Lakers should wind up with 45 wins.

The fact is they have goals and targets that are beyond this season. Most of the crap that you see now, won't be here in 2-3 years. So to get all mad about players that won't likely be here in a couple of years is kind of a waste of time IMO

But if you want to complain, you have every right too. I just don't think this sort of thing will last as long as you guys think.

There are some significant players we could trade for this summer. If not then, the following summer we will have the ability to do sign and trades for some FA's then.

Maybe it all blows up is Buss' face. Time will tell.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

I agree on that.

But I was there in the early 90's too.

The kids back then were like this and yet MORE talented than Smush/Kwame etc.

The Lakers have kids. They don't have men. I'm sorry to have to say that but it's the truth.

These guys have little to none NBA experience.

Has Smush ever been a backup consistently - let alone a starter?
What has Kwame done to earn a starting job?
Green/Walton/Turiaf look like NDBL players.

I'm not blind. I see the limitations. But it is what it is. Has been for 50+ games now. Just accept that this team is a .500 to .550 team and move on.

The Lakers have their goals (KG, Lebron, Capspace) and we just have to accept it.

The cost of aiming so high is that you must take on a relatively weak roster. It's part of re-building too. The reason we get confused is that a) we have Kobe and b) Lamar plays like a star occassionly and they look like a very good team.

Reality is that they are what they are. .500-.550 - have been all season.

Again, another bailout answer.

We're talking about different things, Wolf. You're talking about results. I'm talking about effort. Trust me, I understand that consistency takes time. But the only hope of ever becoming consistent is to bring the effort and hardwork EVERY NIGHT. Does that mean we'll always get the desired results?? Absolutely not. But without it, we don't stand a chance. The Lakers could've brought the heat and energy last night and still lost the game. But that's a helluva lot better than quitting and being embarrassed. You don't grow by quitting and taking nights off.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Again, another bailout answer.

We're talking about different things, Wolf. You're talking about results. I'm talking about effort. Trust me, I understand that consistency takes time. But the only hope of ever becoming consistent is to bring the effort and hardwork EVERY NIGHT. Does that mean we'll always get the desired results?? Absolutely not. But without it, we don't stand a chance. The Lakers could've brought the heat and energy last night and still lost the game. But that's a helluva lot better than quitting and being embarrassed. You don't grow by quitting and taking nights off.

I agreed that the energy and effort isn't there consistently.

But take Bryant away and this team is the Hawks where they have one talent (Odom like the Hawks have Johnson) and a bunch of unproven players on rookie K's.

That's the makeup of this team. So I do understand that they aren't giving 100% each play, but they are also very young and don't have that professionalism that proven players do.

Any team with a re-building type of roster has these sort of defecencies. Effort should be there all the time - but that's why these guys aren't proven players. They will play like solid NBA players one night and complete crap the next. To me, it's all because we have rewarded players with roles they shouldn't have. Our guys know they will start tomorrow even if they suck today. Why? Because the talent drop of is huge between the starters and the bench.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: