I really feel sorry for Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:

Trade was horrible because of Mitch. His track record speaks for itself. One week or five months would have made no difference.

Sunhills'm I
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Justify all you want, but there will never be a good excuse for wasting Kobe's most productive years...
2007 plan???? ; that's a joke....
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

"I really feel bad for Kobe"

I don't.

He wanted to be the #1 guy. To have a me first offense. To prove he could carry a team. This is what it's like. Ask the guys who've either tried it or for some reason have to do it (Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor, etc). Was the destruction of this team's championship roster all Kobe's fault? Nope. The responsiblity falls on Dr. Buss, Phil Jackson, Mitch, Shaq, and Kobe. Still for every Laker exec, manager, player, and fan that thought we'd be better off blowing this team up instead of resolving interpersonal issues. This is what we got. I don't feel bad for any one of them. I don't feel bad for us. I just shake my head at such foolishness. It's a life lesson that will hopefully never be forgotten.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Sunhills'm I wrote:
Justify all you want, but there will never be a good excuse for wasting Kobe's most productive years...
2007 plan???? ; that's a joke....

agree

07 plan = excuse for current failure
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Just a point of clarification, Wolf.

On one hand you say:

Quote:
He knows the Lakers track record as do I. They will get a lot better over the next 1-2 years.

and then, in another post you write:

Quote:
Most of the crap that you see now, won't be here in 2-3 years. So to get all mad about players that won't likely be here in a couple of years is kind of a waste of time IMO

When you wrote "they" in the first post, who were you referring too? The Laker organization/team? Or it's current members?

The reason I ask is because, aside from Bynum, I don't see too much "upside" to ANY player on this roster - including your beloved Lamar who is arguably no better player today than he was as a rookie.

So if you readily acknowledge that there are issues of "effort" with regard to these players, why wait for the 2-3 years?

Get rid of them NOW!

In revisiting the alleged Frye/Odom deal...

Why would you want to keep a player on your roster who: A) doesn't always give full effort; and, B) suffers mental lapses in crucial moments?

Though making rookie mistakes, Frye is showing intensity and effort every time he steps on the court. Mix in the possiblity of unloading Lamar's contract, and you have some added capspace sooner than what you would have expected by just riding out two more years?
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:

I don't.

He wanted to be the #1 guy. To have a me first offense. To prove he could carry a team. This is what it's like. Ask the guys who've either tried it or for some reason have to do it (Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor, etc). Was the destruction of this team's championship roster all Kobe's fault? Nope. The responsiblity falls on Dr. Buss, Phil Jackson, Mitch, Shaq, and Kobe. Still for every Laker exec, manager, player, and fan that thought we'd be better off blowing this team up instead of resolving interpersonal issues. This is what we got. I don't feel bad for any one of them. I don't feel bad for us. I just shake my head at such foolishness. It's a life lesson that will hopefully never be forgotten.

No wonder you constantly seem to be in a bad mood.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

If all Kobe wanted was a me first offense, he would have never considered the teams he did during his free agency. It's funny to read posts that say "this is what Kobe wanted".. Kobe didn't ask for this roster filled with players who are barely worthy of playing in the NBA.

No doubt the interpersonal problems between him and Shaq were silly and destroyed that team.. even Phil has said all Kobe wanted was equal respect, something Shaq didn't want to give. So, Phil chose Shaq over Kobe since he felt Shaq was more valuable and therefore needed to please him.

Kobe didn't ask for this. I don't feel sorry for him. I do feel that his talent is being wasted by a front office that seems very conservative with their approach towards rebuilding. They don't seem to care that they are wasting their franchise player's prime.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

i think you overrate kobe's desire to win vs. kobe's desire to be the quote unquote man in the NBA. personally, i think the guy would rather average 34-35 a night and have the occasional 60 (or 81) point game for a mediocre team than play second fiddle for a championship team. everyone drools about kobe bryant's ridiculous scoring output, but i for one thought he was as good (if not better) player when he was getting 26 or 27 a night with 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and a couple of steals. he was never second fiddle to me, but that's what happens when you listen to clowns like charles barkely and kenny smith who say all those titles belong to shaq.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Kobe didn't ask for this roster filled with players who are barely worthy of playing in the NBA.

Amen
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

so now it's the 2008 plan? wolf, we cant keep on pushing it back... we are indeed wasting kobe's prime years. the look on kobe's face says it all after every odom turnover, or gump charge foul.

i guarentee you if buss asked kobe, "do you want to wait until 2k8 or now for us to make a big move?" kobe would say now. kobe is the best player in the game. we need to give him the most chances to win a title. right now he has zero. zip. nada.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:

Why would you want to keep a player on your roster who: A) doesn't always give full effort; and, B) suffers mental lapses in crucial moments?

Though making rookie mistakes, Frye is showing intensity and effort every time he steps on the court. Mix in the possiblity of unloading Lamar's contract, and you have some added capspace sooner than what you would have expected by just riding out two more years?

These guys thing Odom is a star or sum. he is ROLE PLAYER wolf, trading him for frye is a good deal by far
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan4life69 wrote:
i think you overrate kobe's desire to win vs. kobe's desire to be the quote unquote man in the NBA.

I agree with that.. Kobe defenitely wants to prove himself to those who say he is nothing more than a second fiddle.. I don't fault him for that.. With that talent, when people don't give you enough credit for all the hard work you put in, you obviously feel cheated. That's fine. There aren't many people in the world who are completely selfless. He wants to prove himself. If that's selfish, so be it. It's no different than any other person wanting to leave a company where they feel that they don't get to maximize their skills and be recognized for it.

Last edited by rpadma12 on Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
And 1 wrote:

These guys thing Odom is a star or sum. he is ROLE PLAYER wolf, trading him for frye is a good deal by far

What gets me, is that some people actually think that Minny would consider trading KG for a package where LO is the centerpiece.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:
i think you overrate kobe's desire to win vs. kobe's desire to be the quote unquote man in the NBA.

I agree with that.. Kobe defenitely wants to prove himself to those who say he is nothing more than a second fiddle.. I don't fault him for that.. With that talent, when people don't give you enough credit for all the hard work you put in, you obviously feel cheated. That's fine. There aren't many people in the world who are completely selfless. He wants to prove himself. If that's selfish, so be it. It's no different than any other person wanting to leave a company where they feel that they don't get to maximize their skills.

Maximise his skills that's something that kobe does and lamar doesn't
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

They aren't going to be close to a championship contender anytime soon.. But, get him SOME help in the meantime so that Kobe doesn't wear himself out before they even assemble a championship team. That's all I ask of this front office.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
They aren't going to be close to a championship contender anytime soon.. But, get him SOME help in the meantime so that Kobe doesn't wear himself out before they even assemble a championship team. That's all I ask of this front office.

Same here
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Not me. He is a millionaire, he loves his job, he is great at his job, his job is a game, he has a beautiful family, he lives in So Cal...

Nope - not me!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Who doesn't feel bad for him, he gives 110 percent each time, but sometimes on defense he bothers me.

I know what you mean, but I think Kobe feels like he has to do something since nobody else will.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for Kobe? I feel bad about what happened to him off the court, but I don't feel sorry for a guy who is the most talented player in the NBA. I don't feel sorry for Kobe's three Championship rings. I suppose Kobe can feel sorry for KG, who doesn't have any rings. I don't feel sorry for KG either. I wish I had the talent to be a first round pick with a guaranteed contract. I would be happy to wear purple and gold sitting on the end of the bench. It's not bad work if you can get it.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:

I don't.

Is knowitallism a disease or?

Tell us.. it was Kobe's fault that shaq's ego was bigger than Buss's Wallet?

BLAME BLAME BLAME .. doo da .. doo da
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:

I don't.

We will be better in the longrun.

Shaq jockers can't stand that, but we'll see who retires with more rings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:
Just a point of clarification, Wolf.

On one hand you say:

Quote:
He knows the Lakers track record as do I. They will get a lot better over the next 1-2 years.

and then, in another post you write:

Quote:
Most of the crap that you see now, won't be here in 2-3 years. So to get all mad about players that won't likely be here in a couple of years is kind of a waste of time IMO

When you wrote "they" in the first post, who were you referring too? The Laker organization/team? Or it's current members?

The reason I ask is because, aside from Bynum, I don't see too much "upside" to ANY player on this roster - including your beloved Lamar who is arguably no better player today than he was as a rookie.

So if you readily acknowledge that there are issues of "effort" with regard to these players, why wait for the 2-3 years?

Get rid of them NOW!

They is Odom, Bynum, Mihm, Cook maybe Parker

Crap are players like Kwame, Walton, Turiaf, Wafer and Green.

I think there are about 3-5 players that have a future with the team and in the league. At the same time there's a couple of players that are complete rubbish .... My point was it doesn't matter how many of these players you think have a future or not - the one's that don't show improvement will be GONE. Noone is tied to this team for a longterm deal minus two players

Mihm - 07 )
Kwame - 07/08
Parker - 07
Cook - 07
Walton - 07
Vujacic - 07/08
Bynum - 07/08/09

Whoever you like or not on this team - It's not going to be hard to trim the fat. Look at the contracts. All short.

Personally I think guys like Mihm, Parker, Cookie, Vujacic and Bynum have showed promise. I like the fact that they are getting oppurtunities.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I feel sorry for Kobe too. Players like Odom, Parker and George just flat out disappear when the going gets rough. This summer look for a major trade to happen...
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I wish I was in Kobe's place so that everyone could feel sorry for me as well. I would just ride in my 2006 ferrari to my beach home with my lovely wife and kid and sulk in my millions and millions of dollars. Then, afterwards, I'll go to the gym and play the game I love to play for the greatest franchise in the entire world. *sigh* Kobe's life must really suck.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
I wish I was in Kobe's place so that everyone could feel sorry for me as well. I would just ride in my 2006 ferrari to my beach home with my lovely wife and kid and sulk in my millions and millions of dollars. Then, afterwards, I'll go to the gym and play the game I love to play for the greatest franchise in the entire world. *sigh* Kobe's life must really suck.

Feel very fortunate that Kobe is not driven only by money.. he wants to win... the money just makes it less painful when he loses
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: