anyone else losing interest in this team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

Not really expecting this team to win it all. Fans expecting the Lakers to “win it for Kobe” need to stop relying on that, just like it was foolish to expect the Lakers to “win it for Chick” when he passed or “win it for Dr. Buss” when he passed.

Kobe’s passing turned this season really gloomy for me personally, but I can see that it also hit this team pretty hard, as in they started really struggling. That’s fine by me, life is more important than basketball. Either way, I’ll keep supporting this team win or lose.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject:

I think the problem is a lot of these guys don’t feel like Lakers. To me, LeBron still doesn’t feel like a laker. And AD seems like a mercenary with his refusal for any sort of commitment. It’s why a lot of us loved the youngsters. They were home grown, so we got to see them slowly work out the growing pains. It’s what would have made the inevitable success that much sweeter. It’s probably why these wins right now don’t feel so exciting. I’m sure once the playoffs start, the feelings will change. But for the time being, I think the lack of any homegrown talent (besides kuzma) might be the reason some fans are feeling detached and less enthusiastic. I know that’s the case for me. And of course basketball in the grand scheme of the things has truly felt meaningless since the Kobe tragedy. I couldn’t help but think to myself while watching Dion waiters highlights today, that here is a guy who has a bunch of talent but probably only about 5% of the drive Kobe had. I wonder what his career would have looked like if he had Kobe’s mentality?
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I think the problem is a lot of these guys don’t feel like Lakers. To me, LeBron still doesn’t feel like a laker. And AD seems like a mercenary with his refusal for any sort of commitment. It’s why a lot of us loved the youngsters. They were home grown, so we got to see them slowly work out the growing pains. It’s what would have made the inevitable success that much sweeter. It’s probably why these wins right now don’t feel so exciting. I’m sure once the playoffs start, the feelings will change. But for the time being, I think the lack of any homegrown talent (besides kuzma) might be the reason some fans are feeling detached and less enthusiastic. I know that’s the case for me. And of course basketball in the grand scheme of the things has truly felt meaningless since the Kobe tragedy. I couldn’t help but think to myself while watching Dion waiters highlights today, that here is a guy who has a bunch of talent but probably only about 5% of the drive Kobe had. I wonder what his career would have looked like if he had Kobe’s mentality?

Going along with your point, the majority of the players are new to the Lakers this year. LeBron is in his second year. Kuzma and Caruso are actually the oldest players on the team or maybe Dwight if you include his past stint. I mean in some ways this is like an expansion team.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:03 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GTL wrote:
I’ve lost interest in the NBA as a whole. That includes this team.

Ja Morant is a fun watch, maybe check out some Grizzly games. We could run into them 1st round of the playoffs.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
C M B wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GTL wrote:

Ja Morant is a fun watch, maybe check out some Grizzly games. We could run into them 1st round of the playoffs.

Giannis is my guy right now. I hope he can find a way to get to the west coast after winning a couple in MIL so I can watch him play.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
C M B wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GTL wrote:

I love that dude’s fire out there on the court.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject:

A lot of x-Lakers and soon to be x-Lakers on LG...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject:

LAKERS FOREVER!!!
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject:

whoever said it about we're getting old is spot on imo. i'm 37 and on the east coast....i'm not staying up until 1am to watch this team play the suns on a monday night. First thing I did when I woke up this am was fire up the espn app and see a W. I used to do the same the past few seasons and would have a bit of anxiety as I was waiting for it to load. this morning and most this year I have assumed a W which is a wild (good?) feeling. As the season moves towards playoffs I will start to tune in more but I'm not like I used to be where I wouldn't miss a game. Partly due to getting old and partly due to the nba as a whole.

I also have little to no faith in this current team beating a top 3 team in a 7 game playoff series. I think we are in for a rude awakening.

This also translates to my other teams as well in other sports, college basketball I used to live and breath my team but now it's more of a casual watch. I don't get as heated with the losses as much as I used to which I attribute soley to age, kids, work etc.

All this being said I love the Lakers and will continue to support them.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LAKERS FOREVER!!!

This.

I was watching almost every game between 2014-2018, I sure won't lose interest now.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:
LAKERS FOREVER!!!

This.

I was watching almost every game between 2014-2018, I sure won't lose interest now.

word! cheering a 17 win team hard, sure as hell I'd be cheering this team too, PnG forever!!! RIP GOAT!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject:

No I'm not
I like winning

60 win pace is really kinda easy
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject:

I honestly don't know that I can enjoy basketball again after Kobe's death. All of these various rivalries-- Lakers-Celtics, Lakers-Spurs, Kobe-LeBron, etc. used to be fun but now I've realized that we're basically just watching very tall people throw a ball at a basket for money. I can't really "hate" the opposing team anymore after seeing how trivial it all is in the grand scheme of things.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

Would be kinda silly to give up on the team now when we're finally back to contender status after sticking by the team after all the years of sucking and tanking.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject:

So going through the Ryan Kellys and the Ronnie price's of the world was fine but Lakers finally being relevant again is making people lose interest? Was real fun watching us beat Boston Celtics and the look on Kobe's face as a tanking team was celebrating like it was the finals. I didn't lose interest then and even though the recent tragedy has made it tough watching this team lately im still watching every game. Still getting pissed of at Rondo playing. Still pissed we haven't gotten anyone in FA or the buyout market. I just want us to succeed.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject:

I think it has more to do with how boring this long regular seasons have become in the NBA. They definitely need to tune it up. I have way more fun watching young teams on league pass these days, like Memphis, New Orleans and even Charlotte. Contender basketball is boring until the playoffs come, none of these top teams are a joy to watch right now (except maybe Toronto).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject:

Not interest, but more down on our chances.

I expected re-enforcements at trade deadline and buyout market, at least for our glaring holes of playmaker and wing defender.

Not only did we not get anyone, but the clippers and bucks added.

And now we are entertaining the possibility of guys that no other team wants.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

Some of you so called "Laker fans" really disgust me!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject:

Kobe's death has put a twist on the season for me. I'm a little numb to wins/losses right now (though I'm not pleased with standing pat during the trade deadline and losing out on Collison now).

I think the All Star break will be good for everyone.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

I was a regular in the game threads the last few years...and I don't think I've joined a single one this year.

I lost interest because this team doesn't feel like "my" Lakers. It's a team of mercenaries, strangers, transients with no real "tie" to Los Angeles or the Lakers, and I find it difficult to feel emotionally invested to this team.

Kobe's passing however, I feel, has brought me back some. Not that I wasn't rooting for or watching the games, but now I'm really hoping this team can do it "for Kobe."
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GTL wrote:

26 January sure changed everything NBA related.
Burner Account
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
C M B wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GTL wrote:

I know this scenario was never really ever in play for us given that we ended up with the 4th pick in the last draft, but just imagine if instead we ended up getting the 2nd pick with the opportunity to draft Morant and seeing what he's putting out there now, would you guys have still made the trade while including our draft pick to get AD?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

Burner Account wrote:
kikanga wrote:
C M B wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GTL wrote:

I know this scenario was never really ever in play for us given that we ended up with the 4th pick in the last draft, but just imagine if instead we ended up getting the 2nd pick with the opportunity to draft Morant and seeing what he's putting out there now, would you guys have still made the trade while including our draft pick to get AD?

4 was a gift for sure as we projected 10-13.

But 4 was also a dud in a really a 2 man draft.

I do wonder if we got Zion (and Ja) whether we move it. I'd think we would for Ja but not Zion and take our chances getting AD as a FA (though we would have salary issues and have to move pieces for depressed prices).
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

I love the Lakers....
I think with Kobe's passing, I have been watching even more..
I would love a great outcome but I am just going through game by game....

The trade deadline through me back a little here. A lot of negativity in this forum. I lot of angst, a lot of blah.....In looking at things, the Lakers did the right thing and not make a trade, just to make a trade. I think most people feel that way too. Green + Kuz would have been too much for Morris.

I hope the Lakers continue to grow. I love watching Dwight Howard and he needs to play more minutes, dammit!!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

There is nothing exciting about this team. Lebron ball is boring and AD still looks like he is trying to fit in. Teams tend to be more exciting when they have bench players who come in and create fun but besides Caruso at times, our bench is boring as hell. I still watch but rarely does the blood pressure rise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: