LOAD MANAGEMENT (for LeBron)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

I do not know about anyone else's take, but Lebron looked VERY energetic against the Nuggets and it seemed like he clearly had his legs. Come playoff time, he is going to wreak havoc on the league.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

Does Lebron have any chance of winning the MVP this year?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Brandon Ingram.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Well, lets look at some facts and stats:

Fact #1: Is that he has (virtually) got the Lakers back into the Playoffs after missing them for 6 years.
Fact #2: He has led the Lakers to the best record in the Western Conference.

Stat #1: He is leading the NBA in assists.
Stat #2: He has upped his APG by 3.4 per game over his career average.
Stat #3: He has upped his RPG by 0.4 per game over his career average (not too bad for his 16th year in the league),
Stat #4: His scoring is down 2.1 PPG from his career average (which is more than made up by his Assists increase)
Stat #5: His 3pt% is 0.1% higher than his career average, which is significant due to the fact his has taken 11 less 3pt shots than ALL of last season!
Stat #6: His FT% is 2.2% higher than last season.
Stat #7: He has played in 51 games this season and only played in 55 ALL of last season.
Stat #8: His Turnovers per game are down slightly over his last year in Cleveland, meaning his Assist-to-Turnover ratio is the highest of his career.

Subjective #1: He's just a great guy!

So yeah, hopefully he will win it, but since there is supreme bias against him around the league, I would not bet on it!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Well, lets look at some facts and stats:

Fact #1: Is that he has (virtually) got the Lakers back into the Playoffs after missing them for 6 years.
Fact #2: He has led the Lakers to the best record in the Western Conference.

Stat #1: He is leading the NBA in assists.
Stat #2: He has upped his APG by 3.4 per game over his career average.
Stat #3: He has upped his RPG by 0.4 per game over his career average (not too bad for his 16th year in the league),
Stat #4: His scoring is down 2.1 PPG from his career average (which is more than made up by his Assists increase)
Stat #5: His 3pt% is 0.1% higher than his career average, which is significant due to the fact his has taken 11 less 3pt shots than ALL of last season!
Stat #6: His FT% is 2.2% higher than last season.
Stat #7: He has played in 51 games this season and only played in 55 ALL of last season.
Stat #8: His Turnovers per game are down slightly over his last year in Cleveland, meaning his Assist-to-Turnover ratio is the highest of his career.

Subjective #1: He's just a great guy!

So yeah, hopefully he will win it, but since there is supreme bias against him around the league, I would not bet on it!

And he's leading in Real +/- by a staggering 35% over Giannis.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

He's the MVP every year. Even at 35, I would still take him over Giannis or Kawhi especially in the playoffs. The years that Harden and Westbrick won the MVP, did people really think they would choose those guys over Lebron in those years? Highly doubt it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Where are you getting “6 games ahead of the pack”?
Lakers are up 4 on the Nuggets, 5 on the Clips, 5.5 on the Jazz.

Not disagreeing that they have a distinct advantage and an opportunity to rest some players some nights. But they don’t have as insurmountable a lead as you think. A couple of teams go 8-2 while the Lakers go 5-5 and it gets tight real quick. The Lakers have been incredibly lucky this season with injuries. Part of the reason they have the cushion.

Can’t take HCA for granted. IMO they need to keep racking up wins until they have HCA locked up. Then they can rest the last 2,3,4 games of the season before the playoffs.

Last thing James and the Lakers want to do is squander the advantage and be stuck in a 1st round battle in 4/5 matchup.

I stand corrected. When I read conference standings I was looking at the Bucks rather than the Lakers.

#1 seed is always an advantage. For this team I think health is more important than the #1 seed. Slipping to the #2 seed is not all that bad. We only have 2 guns and a iffy bench. We should rest the guns. Save them for the playoffs and finals.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I do not know about anyone else's take, but Lebron looked VERY energetic against the Nuggets and it seemed like he clearly had his legs. Come playoff time, he is going to wreak havoc on the league.

I don't know if this is his legs, his age or just conditioning, but Lebron is getting tired 6 minutes into games and getting subbed out around the 5 minute mark of the 1st recently.

My fear is that if Lebron is rested, he will not be in game shape (might not be right now). At his age, even a few days off could impact his endurance.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I don't know if this is his legs, his age or just conditioning, but Lebron is getting tired 6 minutes into games and getting subbed out around the 5 minute mark of the 1st recently.

My fear is that if Lebron is rested, he will not be in game shape (might not be right now). At his age, even a few days off could impact his endurance.

What? Lebron has not looked tired at all recently that ive seen. That was a designed plan by Vogel and the coaching staff to take him out earlier so he could help close quarters. He's absolutely in great game shape right now and will only rev it up the second half with i'm sure some lowered minutes and maybe even DNP's that last 2-3 weeks at least when the competition is consistently pretty weak. As long as no freak injuries happen I think this will be the most rested and freshest Lebron we're going to see in the Playoffs for quite some time.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

April 9 - Load Management day
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
April 9 - Load Management day

lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

I think load manage a 35 years old veteran is more important than home-court advantage. However, there is a significant gap between the 8th seed and the teams above. Blazers might steal two games from us but it will be an easy 4-0 or 4-1 against teams like Girzzlies, Spurs or Pelikans. If we slip to the 2nd seed, it will be at least 4-2 against Mavericks or Thunders.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I think load manage a 35 years old veteran is more important than home-court advantage. However, there is a significant gap between the 8th seed and the teams above. Blazers might steal two games from us but it will be an easy 4-0 or 4-1 against teams like Girzzlies, Spurs or Pelikans. If we slip to the 2nd seed, it will be at least 4-2 against Mavericks or Thunders.

Great point. Bron looked fresh last night after getting that All-Star break rest. Hope to see the team rest him up after we solidify our #1 seed so he can get even more during the postseason by putting away a weak 8 seed early. And then go full bore deeper in the postseason.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

Earn the #1 seed then rest.

Lakers have a nice cushion that they can not squander. Simply can not give away games on a whim.

You never know when they might need that cushion to survive the season. Just as an example, imagine for a moment that Davis' bump last night had led to sitting five games. How do they do? Or an awkward James landing? what then?

Seeds #2-#7 will get really interesting the last 28 games. I could see a lot of shuffling occurring as injuries and preparing for playoff intensity increases.

Battle for #8 may get intriguing too. Memphis seems to be playing the best but I'm not closing the door on a Pels team making up the ground and overtaking them. which would make for a really fun opening round series. Would not expect them to win the series but they would make the Lakers play every game, maybe even taking a couple.

Positioning the rest of the way is going to be fun, not as fun as the playoffs but pretty damn close. Lakers just need to keep it simple at this point. Earn the #1 seed and let the rest manage itself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: