Lakers Front Office Made Critical Mistakes Over the Past Year (Long)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Lakers brass has made mistakes since the 2nd championship when they should have re-loaded with young talent.

I agree. Simple and straight to the point.

Tough to deal with two players eating up the salary cap and only aging role players to deal. Plus, I was 100% behind letting that group go for 4.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

Mailman04 wrote:
To me, the biggest thing that has hurt the Lakers is wasting the MLE two years in a row. That was a chance to get some players who could have added quality depth. Hindsight, maybe you don't trade for Kwame, but as has been noted above several times many teams were willing to take a shot at him. Potential is a magic word in sports. I didn't like trading Rush and Jones for second round picks then and still don't. Pargo is better off the bench too than many they have now. It's frustrating and if Mitch unloads Mihm and Cook and others for Boozer they may be heading down the same road next year.

Bingo on the MLE. Effectie use of the MLE, and leveraging expiring k's, is critical to building around teams with more than one player commanding more than 10 million. Lakers have been ineffective at this.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject:

bill_bridges wrote:
Of course the biggest recent mistake is trading up to draft Rush when Tayshaun Prince was available. Detroit probably doesnt' even make it to the finals w/o prince and his D on Miller. Even if they do, nobody to D up on Kobe. And Lidnsey Hunter is still better than any other guard on the Lakers today bar one.

Great point.

Some people don't realize that it only takes ONE (1) great personnel move that make a difference between the Lakers continuing their championship for this decade and our present position as a lottery/8th seeded team for the next five years. With Prince, we probably would have beaten the Pistons.

Kupcake has not made ONE (1) great move in his time here. I have not heard how other GMs are complementing Kupcake for his "great" personnel moves during his time.

Instead, more people are making comments about the lack of support around Kobe on this present team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: