Quinn Cook #’s shows a more productive PG over Rajon Rondo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Looking at that stat, in those 14 games Rondo was out and Cook got the extended minutes they both had similar production in points, but Rondo still averaged 3 more assists.

However looking at net rating Cook was a +7 higher than Rondo. So basically Cook impacted the game more, he was better than Rondo in everything else besides facilitating.

That tells me that Vogel doesn't need to play Rondo as a poor man's LeBron to keep the facilitating going after LeBron sits. Maybe Lakers don't need that. Instead Lakers should play a different type of game when LeBron is out, maybe they need to play a post-up game with AD in the post and just surround him with players who can shoot, or something else aside from Rondo just dribbling too much.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

Whenever I've seen Cook in with either the Warriors or the Lakers, he is that guy that comes in late in quarters, hits a couple of buckets, and basically just keeps the game clock moving. I don't see him being a floor leader at all. Maybe he can play the Bradley role when LBJ is still in the game?
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Whenever I've seen Cook in with either the Warriors or the Lakers, he is that guy that comes in late in quarters, hits a couple of buckets, and basically just keeps the game clock moving. I don't see him being a floor leader at all. Maybe he can play the Bradley role when LBJ is still in the game?

Hard to impact the game with such limited minutes. All I know is that I have seen him hit big shots in the FINALS, and he deserves more burn especially with Rondo's poor play.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Looking at that stat, in those 14 games Rondo was out and Cook got the extended minutes they both had similar production in points, but Rondo still averaged 3 more assists.

However looking at net rating Cook was a +7 higher than Rondo. So basically Cook impacted the game more, he was better than Rondo in everything else besides facilitating.

That tells me that Vogel doesn't need to play Rondo as a poor man's LeBron to keep the facilitating going after LeBron sits. Maybe Lakers don't need that. Instead Lakers should play a different type of game when LeBron is out, maybe they need to play a post-up game with AD in the post and just surround him with players who can shoot, or something else aside from Rondo just dribbling too much.

Rondo has been notorious for assist hunting/padding. I wouldn't look at overall assists and conclude he is being unselfish and moving and distributing the ball around.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

ppl dont get it. rondo sucks we all know that, but hes the only guy not named lebron james that can dribble the ball on this team. you can argue all you want for caruso and cook.. they dont have a strong handle. and i like them both more than rondo but facts are facts.

this all goes back to poor roster construction and is another reason why i'd be shocked if we won the title.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
ppl dont get it. rondo sucks we all know that, but hes the only guy not named lebron james that can dribble the ball on this team. you can argue all you want for caruso and cook.. they dont have a strong handle. and i like them both more than rondo but facts are facts.

this all goes back to poor roster construction and is another reason why i'd be shocked if we won the title.

A damn shame that NBA level guards can't dribble a ball up the court.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

A damn shame that NBA level guards can't dribble a ball up the court.

it becomes a daunting task when beverley is hounding the ball
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Oh my god play Quinn over Rondo! C’mon Vogel. Anyone but Rondo!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers run a QB offense where they want one guy to organize the floor. It is LBJ, and then Rondo can do that. It is how Frank likes to run things.

Next season, Lakers need to look for a younger floor general, someone that can assist Lebron in taking over those duties.

I like Quinn, but he is not a floor general, at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Oh my god play Quinn over Rondo! C’mon Vogel. Anyone but Rondo!

How often do you get to be this sarcastic?

Kuz and Rondo were ballin'. Then again, it's the Warriors. Can these two please, please, please show up for the upcoming Clippers game? Lets not look too far ahead, lets see these performances a few more times in between.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Look, Rondo has some limitations but the Rondo hate here is just stupid. To way that Quin Cook is a better alternative isn't an issue of having a different opinion, it is an indication that you aren't watching the same games or you know little about the game.

Could you find a better choice that Rondo on another team? Of course. Should the organization try to do that over the summer? Heck yes. Should you bench Rondo and play Cook more? Only if you're a Clippers fan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: