Markieff Morris (to Miami)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
“So I’ll just have him pay me more so you can stay. He doesn’t know we have a joint bank account. I don’t even think he knows we are twins.”-Marcus Morris to Markieff Morris about Ballmer.

https://twitter.com/mgrads/status/1330931454507769856?s=21

#BannersOverBallmers

#BannersOverBillboards
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

It absolutely baffles me how really solid role players like Markieff only get the minimum, while someone like Mason Plumlee gets 3/25 from Detroit

A minimum contract here is an out and out steal. Welcome back Kieff!!!
#18 next...
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

Kuz gonna have to practice hard to get playing time, I guess it’s just a matter of time for Kuz, will he make it to deadline?
HC: Riley
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Kuz gonna have to practice hard to get playing time, I guess it’s just a matter of time for Kuz, will he make it to deadline?

Kuz should be 3rd option on the bench mob of Schro, Caruso/KCP, Kuzma, Kieff, Trez. That unit should be able to get by in many games for 5 minutes while AD and Bron rest.

So long as Kuz keeps cutting well and spots up from the corner/wing, he will get 8-10 shots easy in 20 min.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised Kieff would come back on the cheap. I'm guessing he got assurances from Rob he'd take care of him next off season?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

Until Trez has a reliable 3, kieff will get playing time.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
RhodyRay wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
We could still use Morris. We need another shooting bigman. I don't think Kuz can take his minutes. They're not the same type of player.

We can not keep him, unless it's a vet min, which he is not taking.

BAE used on Wesley.
MLE used on Trez.

Only vet min left for Kieff. Would love to have him back at the vet min, but I can not see why he takes that.

Wolf,

RINGS BABY!

Kieff can still play with his brother, he can let his brother play with his championship ring! Maybe Kieff can win another one this year and let his brother wear that one on some days!

Major props to Kieff. He is taking a vet min, and is going to likely play a limited role. A lot of guys would have chosen a place where the money and earning potential was higher. He was a dog, and a guy that really spaced the floor well for LBJ as a mobile small ball 5.

Hoping that Kieff-Trez-Kuz-Caruso-Schroder 2nd unit chemistry is off the hook. They have the type of talent to play with such a high motor and just do exactly what you want a 2nd unit doing.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
They seriously share bank account? They really love each other then.
Thank you clippers for paying then, lol

I am not surprised!
I remember the Morris twins since their Suns days. Then Markieff was the better player, a starter. It was the year when Suns were suppose to tank like Lakers, Celtics and others (2013/2014). But somehow Hornacek made a very competitive team with Bledsoe, Dragic and Markieff. That year the twins received new contracts and Markieff was way better paid.
Next year Marcus was sent to Pistons and Markieff was really pissed and broke his relations with Suns management. Next year he was also sent to Wizards. I found it curious, but I read an article about how close they are and the original Marcus' contract was also a mean to please Markieff. Ironically from that moment their trajectory were total differnt. Marcus developed very well under Stan van Gundy and later Brad Stevens and became a really good ad desired player. Markieff unfortunately regressed in Washington.

Still Markieff for minimum is kind of a shame. I hope he really has a good year and next season receive a good contract. Hopefully from Lakers.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

I think this guy is really serious about championships. He told the media to refer to him as champ in the post game interview after the championship.

I know he is very close To his brother and wanted to play with the clippers but I think in the end he wanted championships and I wouldn’t be surprised if even his brother told him to stay with the Lakers since the clippers aren’t really contenders anymore
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

Glad Markieff is staying. If you look at what he would have gotten with the Clippers, it's an undefined bench role on a new team, where he's playing second fiddle to his brother.

On the Lakers, he knows his role and knows that the coach trusts him in the biggest moments. When you factor in the chance for a repeat, the fact that both teams are offering the same money, and he can live with his brother if he wants either way... we won out.

BTW, living with your twin brother when you're 31 years old is weird. That's just coming from the perspective of another 31 year old... so take it or leave it.
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

LMAO,

I wouldn't be surprised if Marcus in one of the finals games plays in place of his brother since not only are they identical twins, but ALSO have 99% identical tattoos on them too.

Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
Glad Markieff is staying. If you look at what he would have gotten with the Clippers, it's an undefined bench role on a new team, where he's playing second fiddle to his brother.

On the Lakers, he knows his role and knows that the coach trusts him in the biggest moments. When you factor in the chance for a repeat, the fact that both teams are offering the same money, and he can live with his brother if he wants either way... we won out.

BTW, living with your twin brother when you're 31 years old is weird. That's just coming from the perspective of another 31 year old... so take it or leave it.

It’s just smart. These guys travel more than anyone. Most of these players, unless they have a family, will barely be home. I know I would want to spend some time with family when per chance we are both actually home.

They also aren’t living in some small ass apartment. These are multimillion dollar homes/apartments. It’s not like they don’t have room.
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

From our supposed third option to fighting for playing time.

No better way to frame this outstanding off-season!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

From our supposed third option to fighting for playing time.

No better way to frame this outstanding off-season!

If they were able to land Harkless, I think that would really signal end for Kuz.

If they get one more wing defender before deadline, chances are Kuz is gone.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Daikatana wrote:
LMAO,

I wouldn't be surprised if Marcus in one of the finals games plays in place of his brother since not only are they identical twins, but ALSO have 99% identical tattoos on them too.

‘Markieff’s conditioning is one of the most remarkable thing we’ve witnessed during this finals, he even put on fresh uniforms after bathroom breaks’
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Kuz can hopefully slide into the backup SF position, how about this as a second unit:

PG: Caruso
SG: THT
SF: Kuz
PF: Morris
C: Harrell
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

If they were able to land Harkless, I think that would really signal end for Kuz.

Harkless has already been signed...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Harkless has already been signed...

I know. I meant if the Lakers actually had signed Harkless, Kuz would be traded.

Kuz is basically on this team to be a wing defender. Chances are he will want a bigger role and once Pelinka finds a suitable wing defender, Kuz will be traded to some other team and get his $.

Only way he stays is if he blows up as the legit 3rd option on this team. Tough with Schroder and Harrell combo here.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back champ! I really wanted this guy back. Our modern day Horry
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Yay
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Great news for him and for the team. He hit some clutch 3s in Playoffs. His payday is coming, like Rick Fox back in the 3 peat run.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Daikatana wrote:
LMAO,

BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

We'll have his bird rights next year right? Part of his thinking might be he knows Rob can give him a bump up next year and he gets to stick with the team he enjoyed playing for, in the same city as his bro. Smart move on his part.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
We'll have his bird rights next year right? Part of his thinking might be he knows Rob can give him a bump up next year and he gets to stick with the team he enjoyed playing for, in the same city as his bro. Smart move on his part.

Early bird but its as good as bird rights at this point in his career. Can't see him getting more than 10 mill next season
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1330972423739502592?s=19
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Kuz can hopefully slide into the backup SF position, how about this as a second unit:

PG: Caruso
SG: THT
SF: Kuz
PF: Morris
C: Harrell

Assuming Wesley and KCP are starters

Denis
AC
Kuz
Kief
Trez
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 35 of 40
Jump to: