QFTOS: Buck Foston Edition 2/23/20

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: QFTOS: Buck Foston Edition 2/23/20

Tough to cut & paste from CelticsStrong - they have more ads and popups than the old AOL.

NOTE THE THREAD PREVIEW:

Quote:
Officiating - The officiating is always an x-factor. Every crew calls the game differently and the Celtics have to adapt to how the game is being called and not allow bad calls and no calls to take away their focus. If you doubt that officiating is an x-factor, just think back to the last Finals between these two teams. In game 7, the Celtics were up 6 going into the 4th quarter. The refs had called the game evenly up until then. But in the 4th quarter, the referees took over and it cost the Celtics that game. The Lakers took 21 free throws in the 4th quarter alone while the Celtics took 6. The Lakers took more free throws in the 4th quarter than they did in the first 3 quarters combined. Hopefully they call it fair in this game and let both teams play.

THIS WILL BE A MAJOR THEME IN THEIR POSTS!

SparzWizard wrote:

Hope the C's don't get killed by Danny Green, Alex Caruso, and Avery Bradley...

Phantom255x wrote:

I’m psyched for this game. Won’t be easy but even without Kemba we match up well against them. Maybe Kanter can torch the Lakers like he did last time? Hope so.

BringToughnessBack wrote:

Wonder if Tatum is going to have a monster game today. I have a feeling his emotions for Kobe might lead to another incredible display from our young super star...43 today for him!

Quote:
I'll never get the Kuzma Slim Shady look.

Quote:
Kyle Kuzma is so fraudulent

A certain LG poster may be on this thread, too:
Quote:
Someone might want to tell Danny that a bench scorer could be useful? Too bad the price point was too high for Burks...

Quote:
Beautiful shot by Kuzma. I thought he was gonna make a mess of that and end up with a lousy contested fallaway long two but he made a strong move. Good play.

More LG clones:
Quote:
As we all know, the bench will be our downfall

πŸ‘€
Quote:
honestly Rondo is schooling us right now, we need to attack him when he is on def and get some cheap fouls on him

πŸ‘€
Quote:
Rondo is still so talented. Shame he coasts so much. He could still be a top 10-12 PG in this league if he demanded more of himself.

Quote:
If this game was being called correctly m, the Celtics would be up double digits

Quote:
WHAT A FINISH BY TATUM! His finishing off the dribble moves lately has been elite!

Quote:
Tatum on his way to the rim - another level. Game is so slow for him.

Quote:
Tatum has taken a major step this year. He may end up being the greatest Celtic since Bird

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure how anyone can be upset with that half of basketball. Both teams playing good, hard, tough playoff caliber basketball. Celtics are on the road without their All-Star PG versus the team with the 2nd best record in the league and trail at the half by a basket. I am thrilled with what I have seen this far

Yeah. And Jayson is just amazing.

Quote:
Quote:
is that 30 over the last two quarters for Tatum now?

More than that. He only had one point in the first quarter

Quote:
Tatum sitting can we survive?

Quote:
JB, Hayward, Smart, someone other than Tatum is going to need a big 4th quarter for us to win this one.

Only 13 assists. That's not a good # for us.

Quote:
So, as much as has been made about LA's size, I think our size, length, and quickness out on the perimeter is a bigger advantage for us than their size is for them!!

Quote:
Quote:
we're like 2 pieces away from being a legit championship team.

We lead the West's best team in the 4th, without our 2nd best player. How is that being 2 players away?

Quote:
Unless we run with our starting 5 to close this game, I'm not feeling too good.

Quote:
Where's Tatum??? We're halfway through the 4th and the Lakers are pulling away while he stays on the bench

Quote:
i s2g these abc broadcasts are designed for people who have no interest in basketball

Quote:
e gotta force the Lakers to shoot 3s if they beat us like that I can live with it keep the paint closed don't let anything in the paint turn them into jump shooters!!!

Tatum is also brilliant

πŸ‘€
Quote:
Playoff Rondo picked a bad day to show up.

Quote:
Lol this one ref is single-handedly blowing this game for us. Bad call on the out of bounds and then a joke of foul on Theis.

Quote:
Lol omg the refs have to huddle up anytime the Lakers complain about a foul to make sure they're making the right call

More LG clones:
Quote:
I went to the LAL game in Boston and watching this game too, have to say I am not impressed with AD. So glad we didn’t give up TATUM to get him.

And now the whining:
Quote:
late whistle for the queen

Quote:
James has really become insufferable at this stage, just whining and crying all the time

Quote:
These are crap calls, because AD is all over Brown's back there. Though that clearly looks off of AD.

Quote:
we haven't gotten one call this quarter

Quote:
Here comes the loss.

Quote:
These refs. Hand out a tech at this juncture of the game? What a joke.

Quote:
Rigged. Just like Game 7.

And now the bitter recriminations:
Quote:
Brad should absolutely be fired. Yet again he has screwed his over with not calling a timeout in this situation.

I'm so done with Brad. He almost ALWAYS screws us over in these situatiosn.

Quote:
1 point game with 15 seconds left and they give a tech for that?? What lebron and company have been doing ALL game??

Quote:
Ooh, tough shot by LeBron. Good D by Jaylen.

Quote:
Just inexcusable poor in-game management from Brad.

Seriously.

Quote:
This game was stolen plain and simple

Quote:
Lebron can yell at these refs but our coach cant?

AND, OF COURSE:
Quote:
Why even play the games? The NBA has decided the Lakers are winning the title.

Quote:
Refs just can't help being terrible. Of course, LeBron can shout at them all game and never get a T.

But whatevs. Celtics screwed themselves anyway with missed layups and sloppy play.

Quote:
Look guys lakers win the title to validate the commentator love and talking heads. Feel good for Kobe. Time to watch football

Quote:
Really unfortunate the Cs get screwed on a call up by 1 and then Lebron puts the Lakers up. That tech call was also absolute crap - I am glad the announcers agreed. Really too bad about Hayward missing so many lay-ups.

Quote:
Refs should take home that MVP for the Lakers.

Quote:
Another poorly officiated game with Marc Davis in the crew. What a surprise.

Quote:
Just to make sure, offensive foul on tatum..are you kidding me refs?

Quote:
Thanks Brad! Yet another game you've blown for us because you hoard your dang timeouts. Every single person watchign saw that possession was going nowhere, yet you stand there with your hands in your pocket. Such a joke. Should be held accountable for your continued flaws in in-game management.

Celtics fan shows "class":
Quote:
Yeah nah I wouldn't shake hands with LeBron. Screw him and the scumbag refs

Quote:
lebron does that all game..

no call

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Well damn, thank you sir - was hopeful someone would post this tonight
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Doc!

1. I love how other team's fans cry about the flaws of their team.
2. They seem to love Tatum as much as some LG folks drool over him.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff lol. Thanks, Dr.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject:

thanks
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Thanks Doc!

1. I love how other team's fans cry about the flaws of their team.
2. They seem to love Tatum as much as some LG folks drool over him.

I wanted Tatum, and I as m a Bruin alumni...
I get the need of our team at the time.
But he was the clear BPA then and has proven he that now too. Even if Tatum had to be part of the AD deal we probably keep Hart and another first to pair with current roster.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject:

It's obvious that we bought Lavar's hype and that Tatum would have been far better than Lonzo. Who knows, maybe a DLO-Ingram-Tatum-LeBron team would have been better than LeBron-AD. We would also probably had Kuzma too.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

The Celtic's privileged fans complaining about the refs is as sad as Santa complaining about Christmas.

I'm just thrilled to discover that our immortal game #7 victory still chaps their buttocks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

So AD was over Brown’s back on pinky gate but Theis gets to hold his arm down?

I question what these homers were watching for the first 3 quarters

Nothing like a blood boiling game against the Celtics.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

King James the Celtic Slayer!!
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

As a Celtics fan, we should have looked at this board for QFTOS after the last game where the Lakers got trounced at the Garden. It would have taken pages to post it all

The way I look at it is the Celtics barely lost a close game without their second best player Kemba Walker on the road. In addition Lebron gives Tatum a pretty high compliment. I don't feel bad about the loss it was a good game.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
As a Celtics fan, we should have looked at this board for QFTOS after the last game where the Lakers got trounced at the Garden. It would have taken pages to post it all

The way I look at it is the Celtics barely lost a close game without their second best player Kemba Walker on the road. In addition Lebron gives Tatum a pretty high compliment. I don't feel bad about the loss it was a good game.

We don't do QFTOS after losses. We like to hear you guys whine instead of hearing you crow.

There's no shame in losing a close game on the road against a quality opponent and without your starting PG . . . and BUCK FOSTON!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Adam Himmelsbach: There were no incorrect or missed calls in the last two minutes of the Cs/Lakers game, per the Last Two Minute report. – via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Thanks for sharing that fun story.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

BUCK FOSTON
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps

The NBA says in its Last Two Minute report from yesterday's Celtics-Lakers game that every call inside the final two minutes of the game by the officiating crew was correct.

Yep
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Always a Great Read!!! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Thanks Doc πŸ™πŸ€πŸ™πŸ€πŸ™

Down goes Boston!!! πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺ
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Thanks for sharing that fun story.

That's why you have me here.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

As a Celtics fan, you should........ take yo a$$ to a Celtics page!
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

I thought the announcers were talking about Tatum and the rest of the Celtics all game long. It was like listening to a Celtics feed. I dislike Marc Davis quite a bit and I thought the calls were going mostly the other way. AD got fouled a ton, that obvious goal tend against Kuzma, etc..

The technical on Brad was terrible though but the Lakers missed that shot anyways, so in reality, not much to gripe about there. Funny how they dislike their coach. It just proves game threads anywhere can be a cesspool.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

No worries Harlem. I gladly welcome these visitors like Birdmagic/dreamshake

Psychologically we obviously have the edge over these posters.
Living rent free in their minds.

The Lakers poured salt into their wounds so painfully that they needed to come on to our boards to validate some type of respect
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

No worries Harlem. I gladly welcome these visitors like Birdmagic/dreamshake

Psychologically we obviously have the edge over these posters.
Living rent free in their minds.

The Lakers poured salt into their wounds so painfully that they needed to come on to our boards to validate some type of respect

Whatever happened to Phillydoc? IIRC, he was a Spurs fan. I guess once they started sucking, he disappeared.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Who cares RICHARD? This is the Lakers Forum, so if want to enjoy that blow-out, do it with your Boston Buddies, eh?

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Well, I'm tickled pink that you don't feel bad! I feel GREAT!

Strange that you did not blame the Ref's like the other C-fans did, it sounds like Boston has not lost a game all year, it's those damn Refs...lol!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: