View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
I have no problem with JT coming back to take a team photo and getting a picture with the trophy. He was already around the players up until the 8th inning. Short of him sneezing on everyone he took the necessary precautions to limit his exposure. That moment was not coming back and may never come back considering how fast things change in sports.

I think Turner made a bad mistake especially if someone else gets sick. Its not JT getting covid that will piss people off if someone else gets it. Its that they will blame him for coming out onto the field during the trophy presentation when he knew he was sick that will piss people off. He made a horrible decision that can potentially affect team chemistry greatly and even hamper his ability to resign with us depending on who else and how many people test positive today

Any person with common sense knows you can't defend what Turner did, unless he kept his mask on the WHOLE time which he did not. Very careless for him to do that. If he kept his mask ON, during the whole post game celebration, he would be getting a lot less slack.
Sadly, he could have spread the virus to others, who could be spreading the virus to others, to kids, to parents, etc......
You can't defend this....not if you have common sense.

Theres video footage of him coming back onto the field wearing a mask and he only took it off for a team photo.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

Want to give Floro his flowers. Comes in with 2 on and the hottest hitter in baseball at the plate. Floro's best pitch is his nasty 2-seamer but Arozarena's worst is the change-up. So what does Floro do? Throw three straight NASTY changeups on the inside corner and just shuts it down. Just perfect, especially for a guy that had some struggles all postseason. Maybe the biggest out of the game.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

I love JT. Been a fan of his glorious red hair since he got here. But this whole thing was botched. If there was an inconclusive test, he should have not been allowed to play until a negative test result. If that happens mid-game... then he can be inserted into the game. But going the other direction just seems careless. That seems like a mistake on MLBs part.

But then, once you know you have it and can spread it... don't you, for the love of the people around you, your teammates, their families... do the safe thing and isolate? We all get the human element. The emotions. And chances are someone else on the team, whether players, coaches, or staff, already has it. That's a mistake, not just a bad look, on JT's part.

Yes, he took off his mask for the trophy photo and the team picture. But it's not just masks unless he was sanitizing before touching the trophy or anything or anyone else. You could argue that he at least took a few precautions. But if people get sick, that excuse won't matter much to most folks.

But then who let him back anyway? Team officials? Ball park officials?

In all, it look a lot of mistakes from different sources to have it ended up as it did. Plenty of blame to go around, I think.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
At 24 years, 76 days old, Julio Urías is the youngest reliever to finish a #WorldSeries clinching game since Steve Howe in 1981 for the
@Dodgers
https://stathead.com/tiny/WGBKQ

https://mobile.twitter.com/baseball_ref/status/1321295182059446282

I read somewhere that his salary is 1 million. That is kind of low for his value. Hope he gets pay next year.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
*reads*

*spits out coffee in laughter*

https://twitter.com/tomerazarly/status/1321312962016141312?s=21

Legit one of the funniest things to emerge in the Clippers trash fest.

How can they say they are an LA team after that? Wow, embarrassing.

I saw congratulations message from Lakers, Clips, Rams, Chargers, Kings, Galaxy but nothing from the LA Angels.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Any QFTOS?

from which team? we don't have history with TB, and frankly never will. Giants? Asstros? Padres?

Give us the Cheaters qftos please
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

2020 was bad, but it wasn't all bad.

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1321295213525086213/photo/1
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
I love JT. Been a fan of his glorious red hair since he got here. But this whole thing was botched. If there was an inconclusive test, he should have not been allowed to play until a negative test result. If that happens mid-game... then he can be inserted into the game. But going the other direction just seems careless. That seems like a mistake on MLBs part.

But then, once you know you have it and can spread it... don't you, for the love of the people around you, your teammates, their families... do the safe thing and isolate? We all get the human element. The emotions. And chances are someone else on the team, whether players, coaches, or staff, already has it. That's a mistake, not just a bad look, on JT's part.

Yes, he took off his mask for the trophy photo and the team picture. But it's not just masks unless he was sanitizing before touching the trophy or anything or anyone else. You could argue that he at least took a few precautions. But if people get sick, that excuse won't matter much to most folks.

But then who let him back anyway? Team officials? Ball park officials?

In all, it look a lot of mistakes from different sources to have it ended up as it did. Plenty of blame to go around, I think.

They played on Tuesday. They got tested everyday, meaning Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

1) Sunday’s results - no issues

2) Monday’s results - they arrived at the lab late. They played the Tuesday game without the results from Monday or Tuesday.

In the 2nd inning, the lab called mlb about the Monday’s results, which for Turner were inconclusive.

Mlb doesn’t take a player out based on inconclusive results.

3) Tuesday’s results - MLB then asked them to go ahead and test Tuesday’s results.

That took 2 hours to complete. It’s the Tuesdays results which were positive. That happened around the 7th and 8th innings.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Yeah, it’s tough. Emotionally you feel for the guy and can rationalize that he was already around everybody anyway, so if anyone does catch it there’s no way of knowing if it was before or after the results came back. MLB screwed up by letting him play in the first place and then having the results come back mid game. They either should have postponed the game or have him not play until results showed negative. But the “well if we don’t know then he can play” attitude makes one think that they should’ve just let the rest of the game play out since they didn’t care about risking it for 7 innings.
Looking at it without emotion, mlb and JT both were wrong. It sucks big time but it sets a bad example regarding treating the virus seriously. You cant really defend it unless your emotional investment is causing bias, imo. And that’s what I was doing/thinking at first tbh. I love JT and hate that he got screwed out of this moment. But safety should always be paramount. MLB should have had a protocol like a mask/face shield/gloves so players could celebrate safely.

Turner went into the game being cleared (at least through Sunday). It was the Monday results which were inconclusive (those came back in the 2nd inning) and the Tues results which were positive (those came back in the 7-8th innings).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

^^ ahhh. I did not not know that the first results didn’t come back until after the game started too. MLB was definitely not as strict as nba, imo. But the timetable makes a lot more sense now given all of the information. They did the best they could.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^^ ahhh. I did not not know that the first results didn’t come back until after the game started too. MLB was definitely not as strict as nba, imo. But the timetable makes a lot more sense now given all of the information. They did the best they could.

A couple of things that makes the NBA setup different from MLB

1) MLB played everyday. NBA did not.
2) The NBA had 1 bubble (Orlando) whereas MLB had 4? Arlington, Houston, Los Angeles and San Diego?

This is important because of the location of the labs. Maybe the NBA had their labs on site (Orlando?). MLB couldn’t do that. I think they picked a lab in the middle (Utah)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Which former Dodger (that was a part of this 8 year run) feels some satisfaction in this title?

Hill
Ryu
Maeda
Grandal
Russell Martin
Stripling
Kemp
Darvish
Puig
Adrian Gonzalez
Ethier
Utley
Freese
AJ Ellis
Uribe
Ryan Madson
Logan Forsythe?

Can we also give a shoutout to Caleb Ferguson who was dealing this year until he tore his UCL.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Which former Dodger (that was a part of this 8 year run) feels some satisfaction in this title?

Hill
Ryu
Maeda
Grandal
Russell Martin
Stripling
Kemp
Darvish
Puig
Adrian Gonzalez
Ethier
Utley
Freese
AJ Ellis
Uribe
Ryan Madson
Logan Forsythe?

Can we also give a shoutout to Caleb Ferguson who was dealing this year until he tore his UCL.

Kemp AJ Puig Ryu Maeda Hill Utley Freese Ethier
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Hill
Ryu
Maeda
Grandal
Russell Martin
Stripling
Kemp
Darvish
Puig
Adrian Gonzalez
Ethier
Utley
Freese
AJ Ellis
Uribe
Ryan Madson
Logan Forsythe?

Kemp AJ Puig Ryu Maeda Hill Utley Freese Ethier

Gotta have Stripling in there. I’m sure he’ll get a ring this year.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Seeing that’s list just makes me sad that Hill, Stripling, and Maeda weren’t here for it. I love a lot of the other guys, and Darvish deserves redemption too, but those 3 (Especially Rich and Kenta) seemed to be in a class of their in doing exactly what the team asked or needed them to do for playoff success. I wish the old guys (Ethier, Kemp, Russ, AJ, and my friend Puig) all had a chance to experience this. They all gave us so many good moments. But I’m sure they all cracked some champagne and enjoyed it from wherever they were.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Interview with Clayton on CBS This Morning

So happy for him, I love Kersh so much
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Interview with Clayton on CBS This Morning

So happy for him, I love Kersh so much

Yeah, dude is the dude and just about as down to earth as they come. He's quite the family man as can be seen here with his kids throwing out the first pitch and Callie (with quite the follow-through) making that announcement at a Dodgers' game we all love to hear.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
MLB: Dodgers' Justin Turner disregarded coronavirus protocols
play

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Justin Turner violated coronavirus protocols when he celebrated on the field with his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates and he refused instructions from security to leave the field, behavior that Major League Baseball said risked the safety of others.

The commissioner's office said Wednesday that it is starting a full investigation of the 35-year-old third baseman.

Turner was pulled from the game following the seventh inning after MLB was notified that he had tested positive for COVID-19. He was quarantined in a doctor's office off to the side, Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said.

Turner later returned to the field wearing a mask to celebrate the Dodgers' title. He then took down his mask and posed for a team photo on the field.

"Immediately upon receiving notice from the laboratory of a positive test, protocols were triggered, leading to the removal of Justin Turner from last night's game," MLB said in a statement Wednesday. "Turner was placed into isolation for the safety of those around him. However, following the Dodgers' victory, it is clear that Turner chose to disregard the agreed-upon joint protocols and the instructions he was given regarding the safety and protection of others. While a desire to celebrate is understandable, Turner's decision to leave isolation and enter the field was wrong and put everyone he came in contact with at risk. When MLB Security raised the matter of being on the field with Turner, he emphatically refused to comply."

Turner is subject to discipline under an agreement between MLB and the players' association on health and safety protocol. There is nothing specified in the agreement about the range of penalties. The commissioner's office said it will consult with the players' association as part of its investigation. The union was in the process of gathering facts on the events.

While sources told ESPN's Buster Olney that Turner could face a suspension, there is no precedent for one. Sources told Olney that MLB also planned to investigate whether any Dodgers officials or personnel helped facilitate Turner's return to the field

On Wednesday, both teams were cleared to fly home after negative test results, with Turner set to stay.

Turner, however, was visible on the field without a mask during the celebration. And Dodgers manager Dave Roberts was nearby, also not wearing a mask.

"I haven't seen the pictures," Friedman said. "If there are people around them without masks, that's not good optics at all. I haven't seen them, so it's hard for me to speak to it specifically.

"But I think from our standpoint, I think the people who were around him were people that would be in the contact tracing web, anyway, with just how closely a lot of us have been around each other," he said. "And so now I think the subsequent tests we're going to take are really important to figure out what we do and to make sure that any of us that are potentially positive do not spread it to other people."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

I saw some of the backstage stuff wit the NBA's bubble. Strict is an understatement. Food deliveries for example had two different sets of delivery people. One delivery person would deliver to a barrier and on the other side, a 2nd delivery person would take it to the teams. With rare exception, I don't think many people were allowed pass. It's no wonder the NBA tested 100% negative.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I saw some of the backstage stuff wit the NBA's bubble. Strict is an understatement. Food deliveries for example had two different sets of delivery people. One delivery person would deliver to a barrier and on the other side, a 2nd delivery person would take it to the teams. With rare exception, I don't think many people were allowed pass. It's no wonder the NBA tested 100% negative.

Yeah, NBA was an actual bubble (isolated on the Disneyworld campus). MLB had players staying at a hotel. I’m not sure if they booked the entire hotel?
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Still can't believe it man.

Just hearing 'Dodgers World Series Champs' is still giving me goosebumps.

A long time coming man.

From constantly flaming out in the NLDS in the 90's, Jeff Kent and JD Drew getting thrown out at home on the same play in '06, Matt Stairs, Jonathan Broxton, the Cards having our number, nobody covering 3rd base against the Mets that allowed Daniel Murphy go from 1st to 3rd on a walk and eventually score the winning run, Daniel Murphy channeling Babe Ruth in 2015, the cheating Astros, Roberts pulling Rich Hill while throwing a ONE HITTER, leaving in Kershaw to face Soto....man.

As ChickenStu said earlier, if we managed to blow this one, wow...after all we've been through, it would have been devastating.

So. Freaking. Happy!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm just glad Tommy Lasorda and Vin Scully got to see another Dodgers World Series championship in their ripe old age. I remember Tommy Lasorda used to show up at the playoff rallies at Dodger Stadium on the last day of the regular season to give a pep talk to the fans. Unfortunately, our playoff runs would keep on coming short and I'm sure Tommy was disappointed.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

^ I saw a video of tommy giving this team a pep talk and that they needed to win because it’s been too long and he wants to see one more before he goes. Glad he was here to see it.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

This video proves the correct analytical move was to leaving Snell in the game, not pull him eailer... If Cash understood what analytics actually was he would of never pulled Snell.

(Mookie's 👀 light up when he sees right handed fastball pitchers)

https://youtu.be/u3G8QytAKWA
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

In a yeeear that has been sooo improbable

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 296 of 300
Jump to: