10-Man Playoff Rotation - Who's the Odd Man Out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

It's going to come down to Rondo, AC, Danny Green.

What do the latter 2 do better than Rondo? Hmm.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Well AC is having a good year...passing, defense, driving the lane....Green was brought in to hit the open 3 and play D...Can't hit the open 3 and his defense is subpar at best.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well AC is having a good year...passing, defense, driving the lane....Green was brought in to hit the open 3 and play D...Can't hit the open 3 and his defense is subpar at best.

But year after year he's on championship playoff teams. So "playoff" Rondo or Green?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But year after year he's on championship playoff teams. So "playoff" Rondo or Green?

You mean last year ...but not because of his doing...thank you Van Fleet, Kawhi and Siakam. The Spur year was 7 fricken years ago...yes give me Rondo who recently played well in the play-offs with the Pelicans and Bulls. Green averaged 6 ppg and shot 32% while getting destroyed by Klay. What have you done for me lately? LMAO
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You mean last year ...but not because of his doing...thank you Van Fleet, Kawhi and Siakam. The Spur year was 7 fricken years ago...yes give me Rondo who recently played well in the play-offs with the Pelicans and Bulls. Green averaged 6 ppg and shot 32% while getting destroyed by Klay. What have you done for me lately? LMAO

Rondo's decline is more dramatic b/c he's 6'1 and doesn't have his athleticism. I'm actually more bullish on playoff Green. He doesn't put up huge stats but his presence is important.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rondo's decline is more dramatic b/c he's 6'1 and doesn't have his athleticism. I'm actually more bullish on playoff Green. He doesn't put up huge stats but his presence is important.

Agree to disagree....for the value Rondo $2.5 million and Green $15 million...I would take Rondo any day for what both are bringing to the table right now.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Kuzma's minutes will be reduced until he shows he can consistently contribute on both ends.

LBJ
AD
Green
Dwight
McGee
Bradley
KCP
Caruso
Rondo
Morris

Fine....what about Green?

Green has proven he can contribute when it matters and has 2 championships to show for it. Kuzma hasn't even shown he can contribute consistently as a bench option. I'll take the playoff tested winner here.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree to disagree....for the value Rondo $2.5 million and Green $15 million...I would take Rondo any day for what both are bringing to the table right now.

salaries are irrelevant now. It does speak highly though of what teams thought of Rondo. He got a minimum deal while Green had multiple offers but chose the Lakers (Mavs were ready to give him a big deal too). I think Green's 3/D is more valuable than Rondo's ball pounding.
Return2greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Have you all forgotten about the folk hero, playoff rondo? I get everyone’s love of the bald eagle, so patriotic, but playoff ball is different. Rondo and green have proven themselves in playoff basketball. Not building high plus minus against cellar dwellers. Yes they have had their struggles but that happens over the 82 game grind.

Fans in here so fickle, if you all were in charge we’d have about 59 line up changes lol chill. Let Vogel do his job. You all bash pelinka and Vogel and yet we are 1 in the west and playing our best ball in a decade. Just shut up, relax, and enjoy the return to greatness.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

There is no law that says you have to play a certain number of guys. I would play whoever fits to get the win. Everyone on this team brings something, even Kuzma.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

I think our best guys are

LeBron
Davis
Bradley
Green
Howard
Mcgee
Caruso
Kcp
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Should be: Rondo
will be: Caruso.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Keef and Kuz play well together on both sides of the floor because that should give Bron some more time to rest. IMO Bron's playing too many mins currently.

Lovin the idea of Kuz guarding more 3's while in with Keef at the 4 and Dwight at 5. Add some playoff Rondo and non knucklehead version of KCP and we might got something.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

LBJ
KCP
Green
Morris
AD

Caruso
Bradley
Kuzma
Howard

that's what I'd roll with
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Sorry Jared Dudley
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

What you saw against Boston. Basically eleven players, Rondo gets minutes based on if he is playoff Rondo or bad Rondo.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

We’ve had a 10 man roster all year tho haha.

Dudz, Trey, Cook, THT and Boog had next to no run.

With Kieff and possibly Dion, JR or Lance in the fold now, McGee or Rondo should be the next ones lost in the shuffle based off total minutes played this season.

https://on.nba.com/2T5t3ne

Bron, AD, Green, Kcp, Av, Kieff, Kuz, Dwight, Caruso, Dion/JR/Lance with Rondo as the 11th man used sparingly as the only ball handling option we have if Waiters/Lance doesn’t come on board and it ends up being JR.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

You think there will be a game where Cook or Troy comes up big for us in the playoffs?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
You think there will be a game where Cook or Troy comes up big for us in the playoffs?

Kareem Rush won us a game in the western conference finals. I could see either having a game like that off the bench against Dallas.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Kareem Rush won us a game in the western conference finals. I could see either having a game like that off the bench against Dallas.

Yea, surprising things can happen.
We just need our stars to play like stars and need our role players to surprise us.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject:

All about match ups and what is working. More offense you will see more Kuz and more Rondo. More defense or energy you see AC & Morris. Recently you have seen where he went longer with AC and longer with Rondo depends on what is needed.

Hate on Rondo he has been playing well of late. I think he coasts at times and loses focus, which turns into turnovers. Hoping he is like Horry and turns it on in the playoffs.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

All about match ups and what is working. More offense you will see more Kuz and more Rondo. More defense or energy you see AC & Morris. Recently you have seen where he went longer with AC and longer with Rondo depends on what is needed.

Hate on Rondo he has been playing well of late. I think he coasts at times and loses focus, which turns into turnovers. Hoping he is like Horry and turns it on in the playoffs.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Lebron’s career playoff average is 42 mpg over 239 games. In 2017-18 he played 41.9 mpg over 22 games. There won’t be that many non-LeBron minutes in the playoffs. Likewise, the star PG’s on opposing teams will be playing heavy minutes as well.

I don’t see Vogel trying to defend Dame, or Russ, or Mitchell, or CP, or Murray, or Ja, or Doncic with Rondo. He probably gets spot minutes when they take Bron off ball, and might actually play an important role against the Clippers (who ball pressure and don’t have a star point. Rondo is also pretty familiar with Doc’s sets). But overall, I think Rondo fills a very specific role come playoff time. That’s the best fit for him to be successful at this stage of his career.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Any NBA player can have an occasional big game, so why not? If I had to put down money though I'd bet against it
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
What you saw against Boston. Basically eleven players, Rondo gets minutes based on if he is playoff Rondo or bad Rondo.

This is where I think it will go too if Kuz shows he can consistently defend at the 3 spot like he did against Tatum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: