Should we make a push for best record in the league?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm for finding LeBron a 2 game stretch and giving him a week off before the playoffs. Originally I was saying 4/8 vs the Bulls and 4/12 vs Minny would have gave him a week off, but now the Clippers game is mixed in there.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Too bad we "threw" that game to Memphis.

The Pelicans keep winning...they might get that 8th seed after all.

New Orleans and Portland.

The two teams I'd love to avoid in the first round.

Not afraid of by any stretch.

Would just rather detour.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

4 games back with 18ish to go
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

New Orleans and Portland.

The two teams I'd love to avoid in the first round.

Not afraid of by any stretch.

Would just rather detour.

I am only scared of Dame but Ja is not joke either. I am excited to see this Lakers team sweep the first round.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LOAD. MANAGEMENT.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Yes, we should go after the best record in the NBA.

1. If it comes down to Game 7 of the NBA Finals vs the Bucks, we want it here. The home team wins Game 7s like 80% of the time

2. Regardless, we need to keep ramping things up and start peaking heading into the playoffs. Sitting LeBron out of some games would interfere with that and slow down our momentum.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

OTOH i'd love to see THT play 30 minutes.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Or West Kostas.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Or West Kostas.

That’s what the last 2-4 games of the season are for. After HCA is locked in they rest the starters and play the backend of the bench and the G leaguers.

Playoffs start April 18th. Last four games are April 9, 12,14,15. Conceivably the starters could be resting for all of them if the race is over for Western Conference.

Race with the Bucks gets more complicated. Tough choices to make if they are tied going into those last four. If that is the case they have to keep the pedal to the metal and go for it.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
GTL wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Or West Kostas.

That’s what the last 2-4 games of the season are for. After HCA is locked in they rest the starters and play the backend of the bench and the G leaguers.

Playoffs start April 18th. Last four games are April 9, 12,14,15. Conceivably the starters could be resting for all of them if the race is over for Western Conference.

Race with the Bucks gets more complicated. Tough choices to make if they are tied going into those last four. If that is the case they have to keep the pedal to the metal and go for it.

We have 8 games in 12 days to finish off the season, including two back to backs and a back to back to back.

We need to rest for at least 4 of those games. Give time to Waiters, Dudley, Cook, THT, Kostas … who else doesn't see much time?
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Or West Kostas.

If they're favored to make it out of the East, and we're as close as we are to topping their overall record, then we should make that push.

Assuming we make it that far, having HCA in the finals is a huge benefit. We also have to take into consideration how long of a series the WCF would be in relation to starting a finals series on the road versus at home.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
GTL wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Or West Kostas.

If they're favored to make it out of the East, and we're as close as we are to topping their overall record, then we should make that push.

Assuming we make it that far, having HCA in the finals is a huge benefit. We also have to take into consideration how long of a series the WCF would be in relation to starting a finals series on the road versus at home.

If we push hard in that final stretch we may not have the legs necessary for the playoffs. Remember 8 games, 12 days.

HCA is not worth the cost. Finish the Bucks in 6, screw the HCA
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
GTL wrote:
GTL wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Or West Kostas.

If we push hard in that final stretch we may not have the legs necessary for the playoffs. Remember 8 games, 12 days.

I have mixed feelings either way.

Because there is still the chance that we face NO or Portland in the first round, and both of those teams are no cake walk. So in that sense, we do need to be fresh and ready and cannot be complacent.

On the other hand, I revert back to 08 and feel like we could of had a better chance of winning that series with HCA, even though we had a depleted roster. In this case, we're so much closer then we we're to the 2008 Celtics record wise.

It's a mixed bag for me, but in the end, I still have faith that we're going all the way. It would be a nice touch to end the season with the best record, but not if it's going to be a detriment to our players health.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

All the teams fighting for the 8th seed play each other a bunch more.

Pelicans play Memphis x2, Sacramento x2, San Antonio x3 + Clippers, Jazz, 76ers. Sacramento gets Lakers x2, Clippers, Houston, Denver, Dallas. Portland get Memphis x2.

It might come down to which teams face opponents resting their starters in the final week of the season.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Nope. Nothing left to prove. MVP would be nice for Lebron, but it’s not the real award. Chip culture is everything.

The only reason I would even care for the best record is to secure HCA throughout the entirety of the post season, including finals.

You can't underestimate how important how big home court is in the Finals.

Game 7 against the Celitcs could have gone completely differently in Boston. I was there and the crowd was electric. They were willing the ball in.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
drae wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Pelicans play Memphis x2, Sacramento x2, San Antonio x3 + Clippers, Jazz, 76ers. Sacramento gets Lakers x2, Clippers, Houston, Denver, Dallas. Portland get Memphis x2.

It might come down to which teams face opponents resting their starters in the final week of the season.

Next three games are big for the Pels.

Kings, Jazz, Clippers, and the Clipper game is the 2nd on a back to back. Drop 2 games out of 3 and they're done
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Yes. having HCA in the finals would be crucial.

Preach. HCA is more important in the NBA then any other sports league.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
GTL wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Nope. Nothing left to prove. MVP would be nice for Lebron, but it’s not the real award. Chip culture is everything.

The only reason I would even care for the best record is to secure HCA throughout the entirety of the post season, including finals.

You can't underestimate how important how big home court is in the Finals.

Game 7 against the Celitcs could have gone completely differently in Boston. I was there and the crowd was electric. They were willing the ball in.

Definitely. I was just alluding to how 2008 would have been different had we started the season with our complete roster (Gasol, healthy Bynum). We might of been able to compete for the best record. Boston pulled away. We still managed to hold our own pre-Pau by playing solid enough ball to be a threat in the West. By 2009, we went into the season with a take no prisoners attitude.

Considering we're this close, I'm leaning towards gunning for it at this point.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
drae wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Next three games are big for the Pels.

Kings, Jazz, Clippers, and the Clipper game is the 2nd on a back to back. Drop 2 games out of 3 and they're done

I don't know if I'd go that far. That would give them 38 losses. I think the 8th seed will be 40-42 at best.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

They are only two losses back and Giannis is out for at least a couple more games and just lost to the Suns. So yeah I think if you can overtake them record wise you do it. It would give them home court in the finals, and it also gives Lebron a chance to win one last MVP.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I'd be okay with throwing the clippers game... I don't trust Doc and especially Beverly. I could totally see them "sweeping the leg" on AD to hobble us going into the playoffs.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Went to the Blazer/Queen game last night.

Blazers are done. Absolutely kaput, finito, no mas.

Memphis will be the 8th seed. Pels lost an crucial game to Dal when zo went off.

Realty is that it dont matter. Our squad is a load to handle.

#BannersOverBillboards
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject:

if it helps Lebron win MVP, lets do it.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
GTL wrote:
GTL wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Or West Kostas.

You say that until the day comes where we find ourselves in a game 7 of the finals on the road. Then it all becomes what we could have done.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject:

Absolutely. With Giannis hurt, this is our chance right there.
Our schedule is crazy easy after the Jazz. We might be able to get it even with resting AD and LeBron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: