NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Karma?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index.html
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

If you want to jumpstart the economy get the president off his ass and force him to fire up the DPA Defense Production Act

Use prison labor for all I care.. just get (bleep) busy
Construct temporary Morgues and Crematoriums
Direct alllll cotton to Medical Supplies

Build temporary plants to produce Ventilators

Remove Trump from directing any of the funding or help.. he is a miserable representation of a fellow human being. He holds personal grudges and steals our tax dollars and denies Governors the help they need... NY and CO now.. CO.. my state so I have a right to be pissed off..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
I'm glad the president is pushing to reopen businesses by easter.

Why are you glad about that?

because it benefits the economy

And reduces the panic fears. Businesses don’t really have to open, the idea that they might could have a placebo effect.

People in Quarantine are hoping the economy gets rolling again?
People in Quarantine are hoping other humans care enough to not infect their family and loved ones?
Family Feud wants to know.

There are a hell of a lot more people not being quarantined. I would bet that most hope that things get back to normal. Optimism is a strong drug.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Karma?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index.html

And more Karma... I actually saw this dude’s tweet when it happened too.

https://prosportsextra.com/larz-the-youtuber-who-was-part-of-the-toilet-seat-licking-trend-says-he-may-have-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-has-his-twitter-account-suspended/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RI Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Might want to check on your Heart and see if it still responds as a human or a unconscious troll

Start by remembering your Grandparents and then any Aunts or Uncles and then your own possible brothers or sisters and then your own Mother and Father..
Then imagine them out shopping so they can benefit the economy.
Then after that
imagine YOU visiting one of them you actually care about in the ICU as they fight for their life wishing they had a ventilator

this is an inappropriate response imo. nothing i said warrants you responding with all of this. all i said is i'm glad the president is pushing to reopen businesses by easter. i, like many other citizens need to work.

You are correct. Very inappropriate and not called for. The response should have been exactly what ThePageDude gave.

I could have been more polite and told him about the Corona Virus Party in Kentucky that was benefiting the economy?

Now is not the time for selfishness
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

Mamba81 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Might want to check on your Heart and see if it still responds as a human or a unconscious troll

Start by remembering your Grandparents and then any Aunts or Uncles and then your own possible brothers or sisters and then your own Mother and Father..
Then after that
imagine YOU visiting one of them you actually care about in the ICU as they fight for their life wishing they had a ventilator

this is an inappropriate response imo. nothing i said warrants you responding with all of this. all i said is i'm glad the president is pushing to reopen businesses by easter. i, like many other citizens need to work.

Yesterday I was irritated when the 5pm lockdown started
Today I easily comprehend why

Americans are the disease of Humanity. Not the people themselves but the culture of buy too much own too much think you (bleep) need too much

Your life will probably be better off with less (bleep). So if the economy tanks you can reflect on what really matters in your ONE LIFE you get

Humans can come together and get through this but not if we act irresponsibly and make the virus stronger

personally i wasnt opposed to these 30 day shutdowns but imo we cant afford to go any longer than that
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

If you want to jumpstart the economy get the president off his ass and force him to fire up the DPA Defense Production Act

Remove Trump from directing any of the funding or help.. he is a miserable representation of a fellow human being. He holds personal grudges and steals our tax dollars and denies Governors the help they need... NY and CO now.. CO.. my state so I have a right to be pissed off..

Stop with this fu-cking sh-it! Not the time for politics. We are all in this together.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

i thought the title says no politics smh.. just shame everyone on this board who doesnt share the same opinions/views as you. makes sense.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Then after that

Yesterday I was irritated when the 5pm lockdown started
Today I easily comprehend why

Americans are the disease of Humanity. Not the people themselves but the culture of buy too much own too much think you (bleep) need too much

Your life will probably be better off with less (bleep). So if the economy tanks you can reflect on what really matters in your ONE LIFE you get

Humans can come together and get through this but not if we act irresponsibly and make the virus stronger

personally i wasnt opposed to these 30 day shutdowns but imo we cant afford to go any longer than that

Then please use more clarity when making such a statement as you did above

I was terribly affected yesterday when I watched military vehicles in Italy driving dead bodies to the next city with a serviceable morgue and crematorium. Feels so deep that days from now I may breakdown and cry over just that.. I don't cry much at all these days.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Stop with this fu-cking sh-it! Not the time for politics. We are all in this together.

Is even one thing I said untrue?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Change your name because you are FAR from an Inspiration.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Change your name because you are FAR from an Inspiration.

So, I take that as a Nope. Everything I said was true.
When one cannot keep their cool because they cannot answer what do they do

Result to personal attacks..
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Does the US have the highest case of “young adults” with Coronavirus compared to other countries? Saw on the news about 51% in CA alone are between 18-40, while the US as a whole was like 30% or something.

Guess there’s still lots of young adults in the US that are still not taking this seriously and they’re the ones now getting it.

Last edited by Jordan-esque on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

actually talking about the hope of opening businesses on easter is the right thing to do. wall street went up 2000 points, and we should care about that also. but actually opening businesses on easter may not be the right thing to do.

i saw a shift yesterday in the press briefing where they said they could open up portions of the country with very low counts for business. and use contact tracing to keep those areas under control. to me, that is a reasonable approach if they let the public health scientists do it.

if they indeed open business up in much of usa (outside 20 metro areas), it may not be unreasonable. by easter, it is 2 full incubation periods, so the people who had been infected would already be known and dealt with according to condition. and most of the family members who had been infected by the person who was infected going into the quarantine period would have become sick by then - so could be dealt with accordingly.

but this requires competence with contact tracing and adequate amount of testing by that time. if the level of containment and the level of infection numbers are managed correctly, i think that is a reasonable approach.

now if they were to open up nyc, that would obviously be crazy as there is no way it would be manageable in 3 weeks.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

You probably wouldn't be so glad if someone close to you went back to work and caught it from someone.

please don't be rude.

I'm not being rude bro. I wish this virus never existed. But it does, and people are dying. Setting a date like that when you have no clue what we're in for is a sign that trump cares more about the economy than he does about human lives. I'm not making this political at all, but that's just the way it came off to me. We're not IMO in a position to set a date yet if we don't have enough of the population tested. People can have it and be asymptomatic. This is not like HIV where you have to have blood transmission to catch it. People can give it to each other by breathing on you. That's nothing to play with. Even if people had to quarantine for 6 months, the economy will eventually bounce back, it always does.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Jumped to 60,653 and 819 deaths as of this writing.

And these numbers are with quarantine already in place in the US. Just imagine if Covid-19 was free to roam around the US unquarantined like the Flu, it’d be exponentially bigger.

This is why the covid vs flu argument doesn't hold up. People are comparing "quarantined covid" to "free roaming flu", it's not comparable at all unless they use "quarantined flu" or "free roaming covid".

LakerLogic wrote:
Our lockdown is even weaker than Italy.

Their new cases seem to have plateaued after 2 weeks of restrictions (still about 5k a day). They have now brought in the military to enforce the lockdown even further.

Our lockdown is like a vacation compared to what other countries are resorting too.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

You probably wouldn't be so glad if someone close to you went back to work and caught it from someone.

please don't be rude.

I'm not being rude bro. I wish this virus never existed. But it does, and people are dying. Setting a date like that when you have no clue what we're in for is a sign that trump cares more about the economy than he does about human lives. I'm not making this political at all, but that's just the way it came off to me. We're not IMO in a position to set a date yet if we don't have enough of the population tested. People can have it and be asymptomatic. This is not like HIV where you have to have blood transmission to catch it. People can give it to each other by breathing on you. That's nothing to play with. Even if people had to quarantine for 6 months, the economy will eventually bounce back, it always does.

sorry for the misunderstanding. i get where you're coming from. to me this is a tricky situation. as the other poster said, we don't wanna resume too early nor do we want to settle too late. i disagree partially. imo we cant go too long in shutdown, things will get ugly.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
actually talking about the hope of opening businesses on easter is the right thing to do. wall street went up 2000 points, and we should care about that also. but actually opening businesses on easter may not be the right thing to do.

i saw a shift yesterday in the press briefing where they said they could open up portions of the country with very low counts for business. and use contact tracing to keep those areas under control. to me, that is a reasonable approach if they let the public health scientists do it.

if they indeed open business up in much of usa (outside 20 metro areas), it may not be unreasonable. by easter, it is 2 full incubation periods, so the people who had been infected would already be known and dealt with according to condition. and most of the family members who had been infected by the person who was infected going into the quarantine period would have become sick by then - so could be dealt with accordingly.

but this requires competence with contact tracing and adequate amount of testing by that time. if the level of containment and the level of infection numbers are managed correctly, i think that is a reasonable approach.

now if they were to open up nyc, that would obviously be crazy as there is no way it would be manageable in 3 weeks.

You didn't mention a vaccine or treatment. So is it safe to say you're fine with the above plan without either?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Karma?

And more Karma... I actually saw this dude’s tweet when it happened too.

https://prosportsextra.com/larz-the-youtuber-who-was-part-of-the-toilet-seat-licking-trend-says-he-may-have-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-has-his-twitter-account-suspended/

Amazing (and unfortunate) that his parents were able to figure out how to procreate.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

You didn't mention a vaccine or treatment. So is it safe to say you're fine with the above plan without either?

vaccine is not relevant until next year

if there is a treatment then it would help.

but the 1st point is that there is nothing wrong about talking about the hope to open things up by easter. it did wonders for wall street. no one needs wall street hitting 15000 or 10000. one option is to shut wall street down for 3 weeks, but i see no one suggesting that.

what i am also saying is that there will be a crossover point of health risk and economy risk. it is unfortunately, but it is reality. if the economy completely collapses, it will also affect the ability for the country to fight the virus and whatever else the country needs to do.

i actually think fauci has a lot to say about that. trump cannot afford fauci to quit and start having press conferences as a private citizen.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:

but the 1st point is that there is nothing wrong about talking about the hope to open things up by easter. it did wonders for wall street. no one needs wall street hitting 15000 or 10000. one option is to shut wall street down for 3 weeks, but i see no one suggesting that.

what i am also saying is that there will be a crossover point of health risk and economy risk. it is unfortunately, but it is reality. if the economy completely collapses, it will also affect the ability for the country to fight the virus and whatever else the country needs to do.

i actually think fauci has a lot to say about that. trump cannot afford fauci to quit and start having press conferences as a private citizen.

You've seen the imperial college report right?
We're talking 4 million people die if we stop suppression without a treatment. 2 from the disease, another 2 because we don't have the ventilators. Not to mention the non covid deaths because our healthcare system is overwhelmed. And the countries used to build the model in that report don't have the massive circulating prison and jail populations we do.
I'd prefer economic legislation to protect citizens until something occurs that bring those numbers down.

I do remember Fauci emphasizing the flexibility of the Easter date. And that he was hopeful of alot of possible treatments. Not just chloroquine. If things change on that front, opening things up makes alot more sense to me.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Our lockdown is even weaker than Italy.

Their new cases seem to have plateaued after 2 weeks of restrictions (still about 5k a day). They have now brought in the military to enforce the lockdown even further.

Our lockdown is like a vacation compared to what other countries are resorting too.

You can say what we have in the US is not really considered a lockdown, at least not a real or full lockdown like what other countries are doing. The US has an order in place. But you’re right in the notion that other countries are dealing with this much more seriously than we are.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

You've seen the imperial college report right?
We're talking 4 million people die if we stop suppression without a treatment. 2 from the disease, another 2 because we don't have the ventilators. Not to mention the non covid deaths because our healthcare system is overwhelmed. And the countries used to build the model in that report don't have the massive circulating prison and jail populations we do.
I'd prefer economic legislation to protect citizens until something occurs that bring those numbers down.

I do remember Fauci emphasizing the flexibility of the Easter date. And that he was hopeful of alot of possible treatments. Not just chloroquine. If things change on that front, opening things up makes alot more sense to me.

first it is the matter of the messaging to the businesses. i see nothing wrong with saying we hope to have things open up by easter. but that would be flexible. it was a smart message to calm things down. what they actually do in 3 weeks from now, who knows but they have flexibility to go longer, do it by geographic area, or declare victory (doubtful). nobody can predict where we are at in 3 weeks, particularly as no one, even fauci, knows what the real infection numbers are in the country.

that is why i think the tone of the press briefing change from day to day. on monday it was we are going to open things up real soon. on tuesday it was easter (2 weeks after the 15 days) and it will be by region. there are wide areas of the country outside the top 20 metro areas where counts are very low. and 2 incubation periods is very significant. china only quarantined for 5 weeks though with a quarantine that we simply cannot emulate.

everyone can do the math. 15% of elderly population of 50 million is a big number just by itself. even if only 1/4 infected, it is still a very big number.

but at the same time, if the economy completely collapses, it would affect the way the country can react to this emergency and other problems. there is no good solution. you just hope that those on top have their wits about them.

i think trump is sorry for the day he brought fauci into the press briefing. he has helped built fauci up to the entire nation. he really really does not want fauci to quit, so i think fauci would have a big say in the room.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
i thought the title says no politics smh.. just shame everyone on this board who doesnt share the same opinions/views as you. makes sense.

Makes political comment about trump then cries no politics.......smh.

FYI Trump cannot "open" anything. It's up to the State Governers. I highly doubt Andrew Cuomo or Gavin Newsome are going to lift the shelter in place orders because Trump asks them to.

So your original sentiment is complete nonsense. Trump is not and never was in the driver seat here.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Makes political comment about trump then cries no politics.......smh.

FYI Trump cannot "open" anything. It's up to the State Governers. I highly doubt Andrew Cuomo or Gavin Newsome are going to lift the shelter in place orders because Trump asks them to.

So your original sentiment is complete nonsense. Trump is not and never was in the driver seat here.

trump cannot open anything directly.
but the amount of unemployment funds available will control what people can do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 60 of 130
Jump to: