NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Since it seems likely that we're all going to get this sooner or later, now I'm wishing I'd gotten sick a month ago, when ICU beds were more readily available. 20/20 hindsight.

There is no shortage of hospital beds. That is just a hypothetical scenario.

In New York state for example, a total of just 8 people are currently hospitalized with coronavirus.

As a health care professional working the front-lines who personally knows and trained with several in New York this is at best misleading. At Cornell there are currently more than 200 patients on ventilators that they are overflowing into non-ICU beds. A typical ICU is less than 30 beds typically with less than half of the patients on ventilators. There is something hitting people hard and hitting them fast. Whether or not you want to call it the coronavirus is up to you but that doesn't change how we should be responding.

GNG - for you and anyone else on the front lines of this war - Thank You. Stay healthy, all of you on the front lines.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Since it seems likely that we're all going to get this sooner or later, now I'm wishing I'd gotten sick a month ago, when ICU beds were more readily available. 20/20 hindsight.

In New York state for example, a total of just 8 people are currently hospitalized with coronavirus.

As a health care professional working the front-lines who personally knows and trained with several in New York this is at best misleading. At Cornell there are currently more than 200 patients on ventilators that they are overflowing into non-ICU beds. A typical ICU is less than 30 beds typically with less than half of the patients on ventilators. There is something hitting people hard and hitting them fast. Whether or not you want to call it the coronavirus is up to you but that doesn't change how we should be responding.

Most if not all have tested positive though, right?

Sorry for asking,
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
either a troll or completely nuts. i think we should just avoid. this board needs an ignore function...

Yeah I didn't care for the aggressive wall of bs, but you're right. Waste of time.

Looking at his info, a new user who just registered yesterday, and he’s already talking about “in case his account gets banned”.

Sounds like someone’s burner account from someone here in LG who got banned before for trolling in this thread.

yeah sometimes the burner account may even chat with the original account
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Sorry for asking,

Without being over there I can't confirm that. As you probably have all heard, there have been hurdles to testing. There is also a potential 20+ hour turnaround time for results. These patients are coming in with mild shortness of breath and then requiring full ventilator support within hours which outpaces the ability to get test results at most places. Keep in mind also that very few tests for any disease are 100% accurate.

Last edited by gng930 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

thanks and please stay healthy
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Sorry for asking,

Without being over there I can't confirm that. As you probably have all heard, there have been hurdles to testing. There is also a potential 20+ hour turnaround time for results. These patients are coming in with mild shortness of breath and then requiring full ventilator support within hours which outpaces the ability to get test results at most places. Keep in mind also that very few tests for any disease are 100% accurate.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess we can both agree that in order to attribute the symptom to the disease at present is only through a positive test result.

There are a lot of nasty things that can require mechanical ventilation.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

Yes but to go from less than 20 intubated patients on a typical day to over 200? What do you want to call it and, more importantly, what do you want to do about it?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Yes but to go from less than 20 intubated patients on a typical day to over 200? What do you want to call it and, more importantly, what do you want to do about it?

What to do about it depends on the managing healthcare team.

What to call "it" depends on a specific test.

The responsible thing to do is confirm a diagnosis and report accordingly.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:

he already said he is not in that location.
why dont you leave the poor doctor alone.
he is working on the frontline, and he is probably not focused on politics.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Excuse me for "badgering" the "witness".
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:

you mean asking silly question like if the coronavirus is a hoax?
hundreds of thousands of tests have been done now.
you questioning if it is real can be really offensive to those who are risking their health trying to save a flood of patients.
and shows lack of respect to those who are suffering and dying.
shame on you.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:

you questioning if it is real can be really offensive to those who are risking their health trying to save a flood of patients.
shame on you.

What?

Is that what you get from that exchange?

I thought you had better comprehension skills.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Sorry for asking,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess we can both agree that in order to attribute the symptom to the disease at present is only through a positive test result.

There are CT/Chest Xray findings in combination with other lab tests that are pretty much diagnostic for COVID-19 at this point.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

As I have stated several times already and as you now prove and explicitly stated, these are NOT confirmed cases of coronavirus.

People are being driven into hysteria and the hospitals are being overwhelmed, now as in the past, with hypochondriacs.

https://time.com/5799710/new-york-hand-sanitizer-prison-labor/

Eight people across New York are currently being hospitalized with the illness.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Sorry for asking,

Thanks for the reply.

There are CT/Chest Xray findings in combination with other lab tests that are pretty much diagnostic for COVID-19 at this point.

False.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
As I have stated several times already and as you now prove and explicitly stated, these are NOT confirmed cases of coronavirus.

People are being driven into hysteria and the hospitals are being overwhelmed, now as in the past, with hypochondriacs.

https://time.com/5799710/new-york-hand-sanitizer-prison-labor/

Eight people across New York are currently being hospitalized with the illness.

*Opens link to above article*

*Sees that the article is dated 18 days ago on March 9th*

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

This article documents how unreliable diagnoses and testing are in "health care." People with pneumonia were diagnosed with SARS, given medication from SARS, which killed them.

SARS didn't kill them the "medicine" did.

The "epidemic" is caused by false positives and over medicating people with extremely toxic "medication" which kills them.

http://healthinsightuk.org/2020/02/12/coronavirus-a-reliable-test-is-badly-needed-we-dont-have-one/

These studies suggest that in the early days, patients with pneumonia were diagnosed with SARS because the symptoms – fever, headache, an aching body and a dry cough -were similar to those of pneumonia and flu. But the drugs they were given were much more toxic than those used for pneumonia, which could be why SARS gained the reputation for being such a deadly disease. At least some of the patients died from the treatment, not from the disease.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
either a troll or completely nuts. i think we should just avoid. this board needs an ignore function...

Yeah I didn't care for the aggressive wall of bs, but you're right. Waste of time.

Looking at his info, a new user who just registered yesterday, and he’s already talking about “in case his account gets banned”.

Sounds like someone’s burner account from someone here in LG who got banned before for trolling in this thread.

Dude are you seriously still going on about me? After we both were suspended already? Let it go man. I was suspended, I took my week suspension like a man and now I'm back. For you to assume that this guy "stillthe1" is my burner account.. that's (bleep) ridiculous. I don't have a burner account. Never have never will.

And trust me there's no way I could type the way that dude does. He is much better with words than me. Even I can admit that..
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
a different drug claiming incredible success (95%) in china...
it is supposed to work for severe cases by stopping cytokline storms (immune system gone amuck)
global trials starting early april, but a us trial may be starting (not sure when)

"Promising arthritis drug being used to treat coronavirus patients in China helped to cure 95 PER CENT of critically ill patients, scientists claim
Tocilizumab, marketed as Actemra, is taken by patients with rheumatoid arthritis
It reduces inflammation, which is considered a complication of COVID-19
It causes lung damage and organ failure, eventually death in most cases
Chinese doctors gave it to 20 patients during the peak of the countries epidemic
Nineteen were discharged within 14 days despite being critically ill
Actemra has now been approved for use in China and for trials in the US"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8151865/Arthritis-drug-helped-cure-95-critically-ill-coronavirus-patients-scientists-claim.html

I hope they're talking about inflammation, not the drug itself!

They're talking about inflammation.

This interleukin-6 inhibitor is a fairly new drug developed in Japan.

I'm liking the Pro's and Con's.

I hope this is it.

Yeah I was kidding about the bolded, although that would be a helluva disclaimer to sneak in that rapidly spoken end of a TV ad!

It's good to see another potential solution. I hope so too.

This is what gives me that rare feeling of hope in this pandemic; knowing people are doing their best to keep the transmission rate down, and that the best and brightest minds in medical research around the world are working to win this fight.

It also means you've been completely stripped of all civil rights overnight in what is supposedly the most free country in the world.

stillthe1 you seem to have missed the last 64 pages of this thread where all of the stuff you've posted in the hour or two since you joined LG has been discussed at length. I hope you don't actually think you're saying anything in this recent wall of posts that's novel or even slightly thought provoking.

So far all you've established is that you live in a dreamworld where the numbers are static and like magic that makes the flu a valid comparison.

Freedom is good. I agree. Stupidity isn't.

The numbers aren't static because they're all based upon worst case scenarios of false statistical models, namely exponential increase. This is 100% unproven and speculative.
OK stillthe1 - prove it.

You're busy assigning other poster homework. Hold yourself to the same standard.

Prove that this virus does not replicate at an exponential rate.

You compared Covid to flu deaths. Prove that the flu is going to remain a bigger killer than Covid in another month or two.

You compared Covid to car deaths. Prove that car deaths will remain more common than Covid deaths.

A common, easy cop-out favored by conspiracy theory wingnuts is to say the numbers are all wrong and you can't trust anything you read. Then they don't have to do any math and their wingnut theory of the day is the 'real' truth. A few gullible people buy into that, most don't.

If you're basing how trustworthy posters are on showing you proof, show us how trustworthy you are, using the same standard you set for others. Prove your assertions.

I just did. See the article I just posted.

However the burden of proof is upon YOU, and anyone else who claims that a total shutdown of society is required to "fight the pandemic."

Auto accidents and the regular flu are far more deadly yet never led to a complete stripping of civll rights.

Testing all of Wuhan’s 10 million inhabitants with a 99% accurate test would give you 100,000 false positives.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:

You are under-estimating how easily people are influenced by authority.

Do a search for "the milgram experiment." People will often believe or say they believe, whatever authority figures tell them.

A good example is religion. People often report that they "hearing the voice of god" if they are "true believers." In reality, they are experiencing auditory hallucinations.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:

shame on you.

Post a source for your figure. Or else it is speculation.

Also, false positives can produce a huge number of pseudo "confirmed" cases. ]

For example if a test is 99% accurate, and 10 million are tested, this will produce 100,000 false positives, more than enough to declare an "epidemic."

In other words, if you test enough people, an "epidemic" is absolutely inevitable.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Sorry for asking,

Thanks for the reply.

False.

Ok buddy. Go ahead and tell that to the ER docs who are getting hammered by this.

Last edited by LakerLogic on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Dude are you seriously still going on about me? After we both were suspended already? Let it go man. I was suspended, I took my week suspension like a man and now I'm back. For you to assume that this guy "stillthe1" is my burner account.. that's (bleep) ridiculous. I don't have a burner account. Never have never will.

And trust me there's no way I could type the way that dude does. He is much better with words than me. Even I can admit that..

Um.... where in my post did I say it was you?

Calm down or you gonna get us banned lol
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
gng930 wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Sorry for asking,

Thanks for the reply.

False.

Ok buddy.

I am simply pointing out that you have no source to back up your claim.

As a matter of fact, I have not seen a single citation of any kind which demonstrates which backs up any of the figures anyone has claimed.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Um.... where in my post did I say it was you?

Calm down or you gonna get us banned lol

whatever man. it seemed like you guys were throwing subliminals at me..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 65 of 130
Jump to: