NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
A malaria drug widely touted by Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals.

There were more deaths among those given #hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported

https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/1252655966895640577

One doctor here in Cali was recently arrested for including hydroxychloroquine in a "cure pack". He was peddling it for an outrageous amount, and he no doubt felt confident enough to sell what was essentially poison because of the "what do you have to lose?" attitude of the guy in the WH.

I am not trying to be a know-it-all, but we all should research information from a VARIETY of sources, especially non-mainstream medical sources.

For example: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/04/19/vitamin-c-dosage-for-viral-infection.aspx

Dr Mercola is on the homeopathic side (and so am I). This particular article includes some discussion about Hydroxychloroquine and how some doctors have used it SUCCESSFULLY. I have also read about the successful use of Hydroxychloroquine on other sites.

In other words, just because ONE source says something is bad, we should not conclude that ALL sources say it is bad.

By the way, this article (and other articles on the mercola.com website, and other homeopathic websites) discusses some good Immune System strengthening supplements......such as, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Zinc (is huge!), NAC, Quercetin, Glutathione, Prebiotics, Probiotics, Sporebiotics. The best thing we can do is build up our Immune System to fight the coronavirus, since it looks like eventually the lockdowns will end.

Also, a poster mentioned the eventual Vaccine for Coronavirus. Again, please do some research. I dug up my info from way back in 1992 on Vaccinations. I believe the articles I received from an organization that still exists today "people for reason in science and medicine".....peopleforreason.org. There is so much medical info on the dangers of vaccines, and that they do not provide a cure. I really hope that "the powers to be" do not try to make the coronavirus vaccine mandatory; a tennis player has already expressed his concerns about this. If we are waiting for a coronavirus vaccine to save the World, then God help us.

"Knowledge is Power". Don't just listen to CNN.........

All the best to everyone.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
So glad places are starting to open up. People finally coming to their senses.

Yep, they are just trying to dumb us down with fear.

If you guys are tough enough, try this tough guy schtick over in the politics thread.

That's not politics.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
A malaria drug widely touted by Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals.

There were more deaths among those given #hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported

One doctor here in Cali was recently arrested for including hydroxychloroquine in a "cure pack". He was peddling it for an outrageous amount, and he no doubt felt confident enough to sell what was essentially poison because of the "what do you have to lose?" attitude of the guy in the WH.

I am not trying to be a know-it-all, but we all should research information from a VARIETY of sources, especially non-mainstream medical sources.

For example: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/04/19/vitamin-c-dosage-for-viral-infection.aspx

Dr Mercola is on the homeopathic side (and so am I). This particular article includes some discussion about Hydroxychloroquine and how some doctors have used it SUCCESSFULLY. I have also read about the successful use of Hydroxychloroquine on other sites.

In other words, just because ONE source says something is bad, we should not conclude that ALL sources say it is bad.

By the way, this article (and other articles on the mercola.com website, and other homeopathic websites) discusses some good Immune System strengthening supplements......such as, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Zinc (is huge!), NAC, Quercetin, Glutathione, Prebiotics, Probiotics, Sporebiotics. The best thing we can do is build up our Immune System to fight the coronavirus, since it looks like eventually the lockdowns will end.

Also, a poster mentioned the eventual Vaccine for Coronavirus. Again, please do some research. I dug up my info from way back in 1992 on Vaccinations. I believe the articles I received from an organization that still exists today "people for reason in science and medicine".....peopleforreason.org. There is so much medical info on the dangers of vaccines, and that they do not provide a cure. I really hope that "the powers to be" do not try to make the coronavirus vaccine mandatory; a tennis player has already expressed his concerns about this. If we are waiting for a coronavirus vaccine to save the World, then God help us.

Great post and thanks for sharing.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject:

trump can open up the country and end the lockdowns all he wants. Even if the governors agree, it doesn't mean the people have to listen. Look, if you're willing to take the risk and be a guinea pig, this is a free country and you can have at it. I'm willing to bet that a good portion of the country will wait it out and let you guys test the waters. Good luck!
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

'

Just so you understand, I have nothing against people who want to end lockdowns - economic distress is a legitimate concern.

What I find despicable is to imply that people who initiated and implemented lockdowns "were out of their senses". What kind of revisionist idiocy is that? The President himself extended the lockout to April 30.

What I find even more offensive is to imply that 40,000 dead, or the people treating them, were "out of their senses". Many were first-responders, firemen, policemen, nurses, doctors. They died so the rest of us could have a fighting chance against this virus that doesn't care one whit whether we are scared of it or not.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I've lived in the medical community all my life and I'm very much pro-vaccines; I'll not be looking at sports figures or actors to determine my medical beliefs. Vaccines have saved many lives that's just a medical fact, not hearsay or the medical community today would not be look toward that as the silver bullet. That, in my mind, works fine with building up your immune system; it's common sense.

However, if someone chooses not to believe in vaccines that's fine; hopefully you can rough it out.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I've lived in the medical community all my life and I'm very much pro-vaccines; I'll not be looking at sports figures or actors to determine my medical beliefs. Vaccines have saved many lives that's just a medical fact, not hearsay or the medical community today would not be look toward that as the silver bullet. That, in my mind, works fine with building up your immune system; it's common sense.

However, if someone chooses not to believe in vaccines that's fine; hopefully you can rough it out.

Well I for one am a proponent for vaccines. At my work (a health facility) you be surprised however how many people don't get vaccines when the company provides it on site. But if the majority of people get vaccines, its effect in terms of herd immunity will do much.

But as far as hydroxycloroquine, the research is up and down..but I am not a believer in it on its own. For one its autoimmune so it surpresses inflammation and the immune system. It is true especially in serious cases the "overreaction" of the immune system causes organ damage and can lead to death. However, the virus itself plays a role in this and by suppressing the immune system, you suppress the bodies ability to fight the virus.

So you gain something here and you lose something. There is no way the medicine on its own would work.

However, in combo with an antivirial like redemsivir, I can see logic in using both. So you use a medicine to surpress the virus and another the inflammation you may have something that works well.

So I see hydro as another tool the doctor can use..but timing is everything..do it too early and you suppress the immune system to early allowing the virus to grow faster. So doctor's have to use their best judgement here.

Some doctors at St Joseph hospital in orange who deal with coronvirus patients directly won't use it all and some will.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

'

Just so you understand, I have nothing against people who want to end lockdowns - economic distress is a legitimate concern.

What I find despicable is to imply that people who initiated and implemented lockdowns "were out of their senses". What kind of revisionist idiocy is that? The President himself extended the lockout to April 30.

What I find even more offensive is to imply that 40,000 dead, or the people treating them, were "out of their senses". Many were first-responders, firemen, policemen, nurses, doctors. They died so the rest of us could have a fighting chance against this virus that doesn't care one whit whether we are scared of it or not.

what is offensive is to ignore what would have happened if the lockdown did not happen. the hospitals would be overloaded and the death rate would skyrocket as those without medical care would likely die like what happened in wuhan.

furthermore, vaccines essentially eliminated small pox, measles, polio... people who want to deny vaccines work should read up on the history of these diseases.

now with the death rate confirmed to be much lower under the current conditions. it is possible to open up some, but how much is the question.

no one quarantines for the flu even though 30000 to 60000 die every year. however, what differentiates this from the flu is the incredible run on the hospitals that could happen if not held in check. and that is because the virus is so darn contagious.

i would personally prefer an opening up where young people with no preexisting conditions would be released from the lockdown as long as they are not living with vulnerable people. this would happen with coordinated antibody testing to monitor the real infection rate. this would happen in locations where the infection rates are lower.

for places like nyc, detroit, chicago, they really need to do the antibody test and understand what the real infection rate is before acting precipitiously.

now a drug like remdesivir, if it continues to be successful, could accelerate matters. but unfortunately, there is not enough remdesivir for moderate cases. i would think companies should work together to massively increase the amount of remdesivir available so there is enough to go around for moderate cases. such a situation would allow the country to be opened up in a much more aggressive way.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/us/california-deaths-earliest-in-us/index.html

New autopsy results show two Californians died of coronavirus in early and mid-February -- up to three weeks before the previously known first US death from the virus.

These deaths now stand as the country's earliest two attributed to the novel coronavirus, a development that appears to shift the understanding of how early the virus was spreading in the country, health experts told CNN Wednesday.

Two deaths in Northern California's Santa Clara County happened February 6 and 17, the county said Tuesday in a news release.

The previously understood first coronavirus death happened on February 29 in Kirkland, Washington.

The two in California had no known travel histories to China or anywhere else that would have exposed them to the virus, Dr. Sara Cody, the county's chief medical officer, told The New York Times. They are presumed to have caught the virus through community spread, she told the Times.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:

For example: ((LINK REMOVED - JMK))

Mercola is a disgraced huckster shilling snake oil to gullible marks.
Unsourced anti-vax BS from 28 years ago is even worse.
Stating "medical info" supports this farce is an outright lie.

Believe what you like, but don't bring it here.
Links deleted.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

To read some of these posts and see that people are taking the word of politicians instead of doctors is rather sad. But hey, like I said earlier, it's a free country and you can do as you please. Good luck to you out there, fur your sake you better that the people that care more about the economy than human lives are right.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
To read some of these posts and see that people are taking the word of politicians instead of doctors is rather sad. But hey, like I said earlier, it's a free country and you can do as you please. Good luck to you out there, fur your sake you better that the people that care more about the economy than human lives are right.

I just worry about them killing people who do believe in the science. Like drunk drivers who are the only ones to survive an accident.

Interesting that vaccines were brought up. You have parents who are alive because they took a vaccine as a child. But now they are denying their children the same opportunity. And then those children getting other innocent children sick as well.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

how is this any different than the crazy mainland chinese that eat wildlife for medicinal purposes?

and i am not referring to the hydroxychloroquine that has scientific basis for antiviral and anti-inflammatory action
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kwase wrote:
To read some of these posts and see that people are taking the word of politicians instead of doctors is rather sad. But hey, like I said earlier, it's a free country and you can do as you please. Good luck to you out there, fur your sake you beter that the people that care more about the economy than human lives are right.

I just worry about them killing people who do believe in the science. Like drunk drivers who are the only ones to survive an accident.

Interesting that vaccines were brought up. You have parents who are alive because they took a vaccine as a child. But now they are denying their children the same opportunity. And then those children getting other innocent children sick as well.

My thoughts exactly. "It is a free country" is a terribly misunderstood phrase to some. Freedom to get other people sick against their will, whether knowingly or by abject negligence, crosses the line. Screw that.

Vaccines are heavily dependent on science, and as with any scientific endeavor, there are successes and failures. But it has a good track record. Science, for all it's imperfection, is the reason the human race has survived this long and we're not foraging in caves and forest hiding spots with no safety zone for recreation amongst the predators around us.

Concurrently, throughout history, a relatively small number of very smart people in various fields have laid the groundwork for advancing civilization through genius, scientific method, hard work, determination, and not letting a failure stop them, usually surrounded by a much larger group of uneducated armchair critics laughing in derision, or even accusing them of heresy, and adding nothing. The 'hoax', 'it's just a flu' and 'anti-vax' crowds reminds me of the latter.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7-it-is-not-the-critic-who-counts-not-the-man
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

There's just 2 sides here.
There's people who want the economy back open and people who don't.

People who don't want it open think that keeping everyone at home for months is the solution. It isn't a solution at all. It's a terrible idea that will only make things worse.

I want my job back. I want MY income back. Keep the people who are more at risk to this virus at home and let me go to work. Before anybody wants to start calling me names, how about you pay my (bleep) bills.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

If you wanna keep the country closed for the remainder of the year, close all our bills as well.

Problem solved, nobody is complaining at that. Oh wait, you can't do that.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
If you wanna keep the country closed for the remainder of the year, close all our bills as well.

Hey good suggestion, Johnny Paycheck!
But since we are sharing suggestions with the group, here's my suggestion for you...
Go work or volunteer to help clean a hospital or nursing home to kill time during quarantine (and learn a new skill!) but don't wear a mask or gloves.
Win/win amirite?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:

Your bills matter, no question. They just aren’t the only thing that matters, nor are they the most important thing that matters.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
To read some of these posts and see that people are taking the word of politicians instead of doctors is rather sad.

And also predictable. A scientist Doesn’t have the luxury of telling you what you want to hear, nor do they have the incentive to put your safety at risk for their own benefit.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:

We have to use the Defense Production Act to ramp up testing to 10 times the levels it is now. Until we can start testing everybody, symptomatic and asymptomatic. We're flying blind. The problem isn't suppression. The problem is how little we've done to address the problem during suppression.

We also need to increase financial assistance so people don't have to choose between risking their lives and others to pay bills.

In the history of pandemics, winging it with a minuscule amount of information has never been a good idea.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm not saying it's easy. We're paying for past sins (not taking this seriously months in advance).
But putting your energy into lessening the problem is better than trying to wing it and eventually making it alot worse.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Your bills matter, no question. They just aren’t the only thing that matters, nor are they the most important thing that matters.

Peoples safety matters as well. But everyone shouldn't be lumped into the same category.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Peoples safety matters as well. But everyone shouldn't be lumped into the same category.
There are a lot of programs in place to help people who are financially impacted. Are you utilizing those resources? If not or you aren't sure, send me a PM and I may be able to point you in the right direction.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:

For example: ((LINK REMOVED - JMK))

Mercola is a disgraced huckster shilling snake oil to gullible marks.
Unsourced anti-vax BS from 28 years ago is even worse.
Stating "medical info" supports this farce is an outright lie.

Believe what you like, but don't bring it here.
Links deleted.

You are a Moderator of this site, so I will do as you want.

You made one of my points......Just because YOU make the above statements believing they are true, does not mean they are in fact true, or that EVERYONE should believe what you say. Let people make up their own minds.

Also, for you to dismiss it as a farce and say that I am a liar because you have a different opinion......wow. This a very sad.

and to say "don't bring it in here" because YOU disagree......wow again. Also, it is not "unsourced". There are published Journal articles with actual names of doctors, and published books.

Since this Coronavirus could kill any one of us, I believe we need to educate ourselves as much as possible from ALL sources, then make up our own mind.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
There's just 2 sides here.
There's people who want the economy back open and people who don't.

People who don't want it open think that keeping everyone at home for months is the solution. It isn't a solution at all. It's a terrible idea that will only make things worse.

I want my job back. I want MY income back. Keep the people who are more at risk to this virus at home and let me go to work. Before anybody wants to start calling me names, how about you pay my (bleep) bills.

IF you want to go back to work then go back to work. I believe the lockdown is over May 15. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to stay at home after that. But don't tell other people what to do. If your job is predicated on everyone "going back to normal" then you can't tell other people to risk their lives so you can pay your bills.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 84 of 130
Jump to: