Artest: [Kobe's] going to get shut down

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Artest: [Kobe's] going to get shut down

Ron Ron back to talking smack..

Quote:

"I wasn't really able to guard him the whole night because I wasn't in condition enough," he said. "I thought when I was on him, I did some good things. A couple times ... he made some tough shots.

"I think he's at his best right now, so it'll be good to see it when I'm at my best, too."

And while Artest admitted that Bryant had his way, he found humor in the one part of Bryant's repertoire that is nowhere near as sharp as his shot - his memory.

When asked after the game about the last time he faced Artest, Bryant said, "I haven't played against Ron in like four years. Seriously. I think I had 40(points)."

In actuality, it was just 27 months ago, and Bryant came nowhere near 40. He had 12 points in a 99-77 Lakers home win over Indiana, hitting 4 of 10 shots.

"He didn't have no 40," Artest said, laughing. "Kobe don't even guard me, though. He won't guard me because he can't guard me."

Adding to the banter, Bryant had taken exception at Artest saying before the game that he would keep Bryant below his scoring average. But given the history between them, it was a reasonable prediction.

Before the latest affair, the two had gone head to head only five times, and Bryant was held below his average for that season every time. The trend, Artest insisted, will return to normal when the Kings and Lakers meet again March 14 in Sacramento and March 22 in Los Angeles.

"He's going to get shut down," he said.

Well aware that he was feeding the hype machine for the next go-round, Artest found a common ground between he and Bryant.

"That's the difference with guys like me and Kobe," he said. "We're not afraid to step up to the challenge. I'm not afraid to talk mess to one of the best players in the NBA, and then see what happens later."

LINK
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

lol yall better have your DVR's ready kobe is going for 60 that night
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

He got owned on National Tv and is now trying to save some face. Hes talking smack about guarding Kobe but in all honesty, Tayshaun Prince or Kirilenko do a better job on KB than Artest. Its those really long guys that give Kobe some trouble. Artest has played solid D on Kobe throughout his career but nothing special IMO. Kobe only had twelve points in that one game because the Lakers blew Indiana out and it wasnt necessary. Artest was always to big to guard Kobe, he never had the foot speed to stay in front of him consistently. Kobe has a little more dificulty when trying to post Artest up, but Kobe did a suprisingly good job in the post against Artest this last time. Overall Artest probably feels a little embarassed and is just trying to justify what happened. His boys are probably getting all over him for Kobe schooling him and hes most likely annoyed as hell.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Double post

Last edited by Van-Exel26 on Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Artest: [Kobe's] going to get shut down

Quote:

"That's the difference with guys like me and Kobe," he said. "We're not afraid to step up to the challenge. I'm not afraid to talk mess to one of the best players in the NBA, and then see what happens later."

I take that as respect. I really just hate the fact that he plays for the Kings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Talk is cheap......

He will be tough on Kobe,that is a given.....But............When foul #2 comes along......Ron ron will go into a "turtle like shell" .....And when the 4th foul comes strolling in somwhere midway of the 3rd period Ron ron will be eating pine.....Than in the 4th his "D" will be all for not,with his hands in his pockets.......

Nobody shuts Kobe down,just give him a bit more trouble,and thats all Artest can do,well...........until he gets his mixed up self into foul trouble that is.....

I love it when wanna be's light fires under the real deals.......
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Actually... Kobe guarded Artest a few times the other night. In the post even... Artest's point total when Kobe was guarding him?

A big fat 0.
aFFie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

He should have mentioned something about eating his buggers on national tv...
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Artest: [Kobe's] going to get shut down

Oh yeah, and...

Quote:

When asked after the game about the last time he faced Artest, Bryant said, "I haven't played against Ron in like four years. Seriously. I think I had 40(points)."

In actuality, it was just 27 months ago, and Bryant came nowhere near 40. He had 12 points in a 99-77 Lakers home win over Indiana, hitting 4 of 10 shots.

27 months ago, was the handcheck rule in effect already?

If Artest can't use his strength against Kobe on defense anymore, might not matter if Artest's in shape or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

What do guys like bowen, prince and artest when he was with Indiana all have in common? Great frontline defenders. Big difference between having jerm. oneal and brad miller playing in back of you. I would be surprise to see kobe light him up again.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Yes, this the guy we wanted Kobe to be practicing with and playing 1-2 option with so that he can try to show us how he's better.

Amazing.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yes, this the guy we wanted Kobe to be practicing with and playing 1-2 option with so that he can try to show us how he's better.

Amazing.

Well, this guy obviously has balls, something this team is sorely lacking. This guy isn't afraid of failure. This guy knows how to bounce back from defeat. "That other guy" could learn something from this guy.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Amazing.

Well, this guy obviously has balls, something this team is sorely lacking. This guy isn't afraid of failure. This guy knows how to bounce back from defeat. "That other guy" could learn something from this guy.

They both could learn from each other.

Odom could learn to grow some balls and demand the ball - being the man more often.

Artest could learn about the importance of being a teammate and what it means to be unselfish.

That's why I actually would have loved to see the three of them out there playing together. It would have been fun.

As it stands though, I'm happy that they didn't deal Odom or Bynum for him
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

should be a fun game to watch the 14th
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm.... so putting this all together...

Ron is a self-admitted fat booger-eater who dropped a wicked donut on Kobe.

Kings suck
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Artest is just a moron and an idiot. Talking trash to the best player in the nba, and to a team who just beat you guys a couple nights ago and have a better record than you.

good luck as a sac king
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:

Kings suck

sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:

Kings suck

You just know on a Kings board somewhere, there's a thread titled
something like...

"Lakers fans talking their smack after the officials gave them YET ANOTHER win!"

And of course my little comment will end up in there, they'll all swear up
and down on the honor of an upcoming litter of piglets that I'm entirely
devoid of class and a total Artest-hater, followed by the town dinner-bell
ringer (and co-producer of Ron's new LP, "Dairee Warier") calling
shinnanigans on me because he's "seen Artest yonder just last night and
he ain't no kinda fat - and who done gives a hump if he eats his boogers,
that there just shows he's acclimatin' to our customs."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: