2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 274, 275, 276  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Has anyone here watched the Celtics much this post season? Is Tatum their clear cut late-game closer or Kemba?

Tatum.

Kemba has been struggling and was getting criticized for his lack of production. Starting to come around the last couple games though.

Prefer they just get beat and go home. As said above, I don’t even want the Celtics to have a chance at a Championship. Rooting for a Heat win tomorrow.

Tough matchups with any of the remaining teams as it should be for a Finals. Lakers are a tough matchup too.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Hoping for Heat to win in game 6 in quadruple OT

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

I really don’t want to play the Heat. Lebron lost a step and they have shooters everywhere. Jimmy never beats Lebron, but he’s tough as nails. Bam is decent, but I don’t see AD or Bron having issues. Herro is has the swag of Kuzma, but with the game to back it up. Crowder and Iggy are very good vets, Robinson is the best three point shooter in the league. Spols knows Lebron’s game inside out. And who can hate on the job that psychonut Pat Riley has done with this team over a 20 year span.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

I would rather play Miami. Boston has been together for a few years the same coach same system they only had to integrate Kemba this year. Tatum, Kemba, Brown, and Smart will be tough to deal with. They also have Hayward back. Their centers are decent Thies and Kanter.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

I’m glad Boston extended the series, hoping they take seven games and we close out tonight.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

HEAT have been one of the most successful franchise of the past two decades. 2005 championship, four straight finals appearances, and now potentially another finals appearances. Tied with San Antonio for second most behind the Lakers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I really don’t want to play the Heat. Lebron lost a step and they have shooters everywhere. Jimmy never beats Lebron, but he’s tough as nails. Bam is decent, but I don’t see AD or Bron having issues. Herro is has the swag of Kuzma, but with the game to back it up. Crowder and Iggy are very good vets, Robinson is the best three point shooter in the league. Spols knows Lebron’s game inside out. And who can hate on the job that psychonut Pat Riley has done with this team over a 20 year span.

A Heat series is one where we would be out coached.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
I’m glad Boston extended the series, hoping they take seven games and we close out tonight.

Per Shams, NBA Finals Game 1 would begin Wed. Sept. 30 if neither conference series needs a game 7. If a game 7 is needed then Finals would likely begin Friday, Oct. 2.

Basically, take care of business tonight then Lakers earn 3 days minimum rest, or worst case maybe only a single day off between series.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Why do you say Riley is a psychonut?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Why do you say Riley is a psychonut?

Riley made the team go through a brutal mini-camp before the 1989 Finals, with the Lakers having an opportunity to 3-Peat. Byron & Magic both were injured during Riley's intense drills, earning Riles the nickname "Coach Hitler."
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Big deal. Coaching is only one parameter; the team and how it actually executes are other major factors. Let's get to the finals first and then may the best team win, thats all anyone can ask for.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Really need the heat to finish the series today. Can't risk C's getting hyped after coming back for gm7, especially if they win it.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I thought Dantoni and Malone were going to out coach us?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

Smoothness101 wrote:
Really need the heat to finish the series today. Can't risk C's getting hyped after coming back for gm7, especially if they win it.

I’d rather have it go to seven so AD can rest his ankle.

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I would rather play Miami. Boston has been together for a few years the same coach same system they only had to integrate Kemba this year. Tatum, Kemba, Brown, and Smart will be tough to deal with. They also have Hayward back. Their centers are decent Thies and Kanter.

same here, i'd also rather face Miami. i can care less about the celtic laker rivalry, whichever is the easiest path to the next title i'd take it. Miami is banged up, Bam is huring, Butler seems has lost a step from the previous round. Herro and Robinson are inconsistent. the only guy on the Heat team that has giving Lakers trouble in the past is Dragic, but those were the days pre-Rondo and Caruso.

Boston has a lot to offer. they have 3 legitimate closers in Tatum, Brown and Walker. a super 6th man in Hayward, a supersized and healthy version of Patrick Beverly in marcus smart. as aforementioned their center tandem is also pretty tough in Thies and Kanter.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

Hopefully the Heat and the Celtics kill each other in a 5 OT game 7.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

Who do u have winning tonight?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

We might be overthinking it. Boston is definitely the better team and they may come back to win it in 7 if they expend superhuman effort. But bottom line is they have no superstars on their roster. Tatum is closest and he just isn’t there yet consistently. In a 7 game series the team with two top 5 players should win pretty handily. Don’t confuse this with the Detroit Pistons that pulled off the upset. This Boston team is nowhere as good and Lakers have way better chemistry.

Regardless of team I think we should win in 5 games.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject:

Miami is interesting. They let their role players get their chances during the game. And if one of them is hot, they'll continue to go to him. And if they're not hitting, they need to hope that Jimmy can take over which he's shown they he can't always do imo.

Don't get me wrong, Jimmy is a good player. And he has come through for them. But I don't think he can do that consistently.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Jimmy would be a phenomenal 3rd superstar and a very good 2nd superstar. But he’s not winning a championship as the best player on his team.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Vogel made Spo look like his little brother in both of the regular season games.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Vogel made Spo look like his little brother in both of the regular season games.

Maybe he thinks Spo still has LeBron on his team?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

We got Waiters who knows the heats game plan..
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

And Wade and Bosh.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I’m definitely hoping it goes 7 games. AD could really use a couple of extra days for ankle recuperation, and LeBron could probably use a couple days extra rest as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 271 of 276
Jump to: