2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39799

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The dream is still alive. Clippers face Dallas first round and Rockets second round before seeing us (if they make it out). Kawhi and/or PG13 get beat up along the way. We take the conference relatively easily and handle MIL in the finals.


Sounds good to me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 10498

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The dream is still alive. Clippers face Dallas first round and Rockets second round before seeing us (if they make it out). Kawhi and/or PG13 get beat up along the way. We take the conference relatively easily and handle MIL in the finals.


Magnifique *kiss*
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The dream is still alive. Clippers face Dallas first round and Rockets second round before seeing us (if they make it out). Kawhi and/or PG13 get beat up along the way. We take the conference relatively easily and handle MIL in the finals.


Sounds good to me!


what makes you guys think that MAVS can trouble clippers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 1862

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
pio2u wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The dream is still alive. Clippers face Dallas first round and Rockets second round before seeing us (if they make it out). Kawhi and/or PG13 get beat up along the way. We take the conference relatively easily and handle MIL in the finals.


Sounds good to me!


what makes you guys think that MAVS can trouble clippers?


Right, I think clippers would destroy the mavs. But Right now we need Thunder to get back into the 5th spot. Rockets need to move down to 6th or 7th so It should be clippers facing rockets first round If clippers stay 2 or 3 then Denver second round. Fingers crossed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 910

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

Denver moves to 2, clippers fall to 3. Thunder overtake Rox.
Clippers dance with Houston Rd 1.
Houston takes on Denver in Rd 2.

Lakers route: Memphis -> Thunder -> Rox -> Bucks
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Revenge games: Celtics - ✔️, 76ers - ✔️, Bucks - ✔️, Clippers - ✔️, Raptors - ❌, Pacers - TBD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39799

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

Scores from 8/31:

Magic - 128 Nets - 118

TBlazers - 140 Grizzlies - 135 OT

Suns - 125 Wizards - 112

Bucks - 119 Celtics - 112

Spurs - 129 Kings - 120

Rockets - 153 Mavs - 149 OT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12201

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

Those scores show how serious the Lakers and Clippers took their game seriously in preparation for the playoffs and a potential series matchup.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44273

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Those scores show how serious the Lakers and Clippers took their game seriously in preparation for the playoffs and a potential series matchup.


The Mavs Rockets game was a case study in bad defense. That is why neither of those teams is a legitimate contender.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 5324

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Those scores show how serious the Lakers and Clippers took their game seriously in preparation for the playoffs and a potential series matchup.


The Mavs Rockets game was a case study in bad defense. That is why neither of those teams is a legitimate contender.


Both of those teams ( but especially HOU) does that by design. They are aware of their flaws and rely on scoring to win.

HOU actually encourages teams to go down that path with them. They do their best but being out rebounded or giving away points in the paint is just is not what they worry about.

They are going to rely on shooting 45+ 3pt shots and hovering around 40% and challenge the opposition to score 130 or more. If teams (Lakers) take the bait it could end badly. I do think the Lakers have the savvy to overcome the temptations but other teams ( like Dallas) will try to outplay them at their own game because it is an easier path to play free and loose over disciplined and within the gameplan.

Been excited for the playoffs to start since before the season. We are almost there. So many intriguing matchups coming no matter how the standings end up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13569

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Those scores show how serious the Lakers and Clippers took their game seriously in preparation for the playoffs and a potential series matchup.


The Mavs Rockets game was a case study in bad defense. That is why neither of those teams is a legitimate contender.


Both of those teams ( but especially HOU) does that by design. They are aware of their flaws and rely on scoring to win.

HOU actually encourages teams to go down that path with them. They do their best but being out rebounded or giving away points in the paint is just is not what they worry about.

They are going to rely on shooting 45+ 3pt shots and hovering around 40% and challenge the opposition to score 130 or more. If teams (Lakers) take the bait it could end badly. I do think the Lakers have the savvy to overcome the temptations but other teams ( like Dallas) will try to outplay them at their own game because it is an easier path to play free and loose over disciplined and within the gameplan.

Been excited for the playoffs to start since before the season. We are almost there. So many intriguing matchups coming no matter how the standings end up.


Against the Rox, the Lakers need to go to the front of the rim. Every. Single. Time.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 11493
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the Pelicans aren’t going to the playoffs.

Why did they get invited to the bubble? Just to showcase ZION?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 1386

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Hart fouling 3-point shooters. Some things never change lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 11493
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi flopped on that three but yeah Josh will probably pick up charge or two later with his patented left shoulder barrage lol

I get it that with their current record if they won every game in the bubble they’d have a shot at the 8th seed but they just looked really bad out here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 11493
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Also I thought Zion lost weight

He looks like Aaron Donald from the LA Rams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12201

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Twitter is talking about the Clippers being 11-2 in their last 13 and who their 2 losses came against
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 10498

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject:

pels are trash

move em to seattle
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11892

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Yeah the Pelicans aren’t going to the playoffs.

Why did they get invited to the bubble? Just to showcase ZION?


I thought they sat Zion so they wouldn't make it?

And Zion and his team don't want to hear he's too heavy. He's going to ruin his body
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 11493
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Twitter is talking about the Clippers being 11-2 in their last 13 and who their 2 losses came against


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 10498

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

this is what you get when you refuse to play zion to close the game (referring to their last game)

I mean how can their players even think that they're trying to win at that point
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 11493
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
pels are trash

move em to seattle


No thank you.


Hopefully we can save Seattle for the Clippers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jul 2019
Posts: 809

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Josh harts defense is pretty legit. I have a feeling he will end up here in the future.


Lonzo sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12201

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I’m not watching. Is it more that the Pels are trash or are the Clippers pissed off over their last game?
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11892

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Twitter is talking about the Clippers being 11-2 in their last 13 and who their 2 losses came against




Ballmer: "If you blow the Pelicans out today, people will make excuses for your loss against the Lakers. I can guarantee it" *flings money randomly around the locker room*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44273

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo's shooting continues to be a major hole in his game.

He does a lot of other things well, but he is a weak link late in games as he just cannot make enough shots.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 10498

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

chickens, eggs, etc
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 19 of 25
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB