PS5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: PS5

What did you guys think of the PS5 reveal today? I am most excited for the Demon's Souls remaster since that is the only souls game i never got to play (played DS1 and finishing Sekiro on PC, DS2, Bloodborne, and DS3 on PS4). Spiderman 2 looks sick! Project Athia looks interesting too.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

No price reveal or launch date...
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
No price reveal or launch date...

That was a bit annoying, and I think they'll reveal that in their July press conference. I was just happy to see the actual console even if it means we have to wait to be able to pre-order. They probably want a better idea of production capabilities before announcing a pre-order date.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking about getting a PS4 to play Resident Evil 2. Is the PS5 worth waiting for?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I was thinking about getting a PS4 to play Resident Evil 2. Is the PS5 worth waiting for?

Yea, PS4 is pointless right now. PS5 will be backwards compatible (unlike PS4), SSD that is faster than most SSDs in PCs, better controllers, better cooling, 4K gaming at 60 FPS. Source: Link
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yea, PS4 is pointless right now. PS5 will be backwards compatible (unlike PS4), SSD that is faster than most SSDs in PCs, better controllers, better cooling, 4K gaming at 60 FPS. Source: Link

Which do you recommend between the PS5 and whatever the new version of the XBox is? I only have a Switch right now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Which do you recommend between the PS5 and whatever the new version of the XBox is? I only have a Switch right now.

Playstations have better exclusives imo. Another thing to consider is that a lot of the Xbox exlusives can be played on a Windows desktop.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I go PS5 because of the exclusive games (The Last of Us, Demon's Souls Remake, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, God of War), but i am biased since my first console was a PS1. Not really into the Xbox exclusive games like Halo, Titanfall, or Gears of War.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Playstations have better exclusives imo. Another thing to consider is that a lot of the Xbox exlusives can be played on a Windows desktop.

Yea, i have a gaming PC if i ever want to play Xbox exclusives.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah, that's the best of both worlds imo. Even a lower mid-tier graphics card on Windows will take a huge dump all over any current console. Forza on a 34" 3440x1440 ultra-wide curved monitor at 100+ fps, maxed out settings is quite the experience.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah, that's the best of both worlds imo. Even a lower mid-tier graphics card on Windows will take a huge dump all over any current console. Forza on a 34" 3440x1440 ultra-wide curved monitor at 100+ fps, maxed out settings is quite the experience.

Yea, my launch PS4 sounds like a vacuum when running games, so i got the desktop a few years back (1080ti with a 1440p "2K" monitor) to run games like the Witcher 3, Sekiro, etc. smoothly in addition to doing side programming projects on it.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

How about a MacBook Pro?

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

How about a MacBook Pro?

You could probably get away with a few games. What's the GPU in it?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yea, my launch PS4 sounds like a vacuum when running games, so i got the desktop a few years back (1080ti with a 1440p "2K" monitor) to run games like the Witcher 3, Sekiro, etc. smoothly in addition to doing side programming projects on it.

Then 1080 ti lasted me for YEARS. I only upgraded because the model I had as a 3 fan behemoth and I switched to an ITX case. The 1080ti trades punches with a vanilla 2080 or 2070 super. Helluva card even after all these years.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

How about a MacBook Pro?

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4 GB of memory.

https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro-16/specs/

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I’m guessing the PS5 will be 500-600 dollars on launch, and that probably won’t include any games. Buying a fairly cheap PS4 bundle could be well worth it if you can find some. There was a bundle I saw recently that was 300 bucks for a PS4 and Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War included, which are two of the better games for the system that are both probably close to 50+ hour games each. RE2 would be another 10-20 hours, depending on how much you replay it, and the Last of Us Remastered is an incredible game, with the sequel coming out in a little more than a week from now.

I tend to be an early adopter, so I’ll probably pick up both the PS5 and the Xbox X when they launch, but Getting a PS4 now could absolutely make sense if you’re a budget gamer. Much cheaper console, and a crap ton of great games for 20 bucks in the “Greatest Hits” lineup. The backwards compatibility is nice, but neither system is likely to be cheap.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

How about a MacBook Pro?

You can definitely play most titles at 1080p. Not at ultra settings or crazy frames but doable if you bump down settings.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-Pro-5500M-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.442754.0.html

Here are some benchmarks for it. For me, I have to have at least 60 fps. That's why modern consoles at 4k is an absolute joke. Garbage.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I’m guessing the PS5 will be 500-600 dollars on launch, and that probably won’t include any games. Buying a fairly cheap PS4 bundle could be well worth it if you can find some. There was a bundle I saw recently that was 300 bucks for a PS4 and Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War included, which are two of the better games for the system that are both probably close to 50+ hour games each. RE2 would be another 10-20 hours, depending on how much you replay it, and the Last of Us Remastered is an incredible game, with the sequel coming out in a little more than a week from now.

I tend to be an early adopter, so I’ll probably pick up both the PS5 and the Xbox X when they launch, but Getting a PS4 now could absolutely make sense if you’re a budget gamer. Much cheaper console, and a crap ton of great games for 20 bucks in the “Greatest Hits” lineup. The backwards compatibility is nice, but neither system is likely to be cheap.

Over the holidays I scored a Ps4 Pro for $299 and I got $60 back via Samsung Pay and an additional 90 bucks Kohls cash (which I needed for a comforter).
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject:

Great PS5 reveal show for Sony. I was leaning towards buying the xbox series x before a PS5 since I currently have a few years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate paid for since they had great deals for it in the past. Which means I would get all the exclusives at launch with my sub. I basically could just buy NBA 2k and play whatever game pass games are available and not really buy any other games.

PS4 was my main console this gen though and they definitely had better exclusives. Well at least better than xbox. Nintendo possibly might still have the better overall exclusives. Also it doesn't automatically mean that xbox will be a distant third again next gen in terms of exclusives. They bought multiple studios to beef up in that department. Even if they are third again they may at least be competitive this go around.

After I saw a Spider-man sequel for launch or near launch of the PS5 I questioned if I should just get a PS5 first. I just saw the news that it's not a sequel though. Sounds like an expansion using the upgraded PS4 game. I experienced every inch of the PS4 version of Spider-man including the DLC. Using that same map is not as exciting of a launch title. Eventually the PS5 will get a full sequel, but probably not for a while.

So I don't really know what I will get. Sounds like the xbox series x is the slightly more powerful console this time so it may play all the 3rd party games better. Xbox is going to have a show in July. If they can't bring the heat then maybe I will go with the PS5. I assume they will cost similar. Rumor is they are both waiting to see what price the other goes with before they announce. It will be funny to see which ones caves and announces first.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

Not a hardcore gamer but seeing a new Spider-Man AND a new Oddworld at launch? Tempting.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

How about a MacBook Pro?

You can definitely play most titles at 1080p. Not at ultra settings or crazy frames but doable if you bump down settings.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-Pro-5500M-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.442754.0.html

Here are some benchmarks for it. For me, I have to have at least 60 fps. That's why modern consoles at 4k is an absolute joke. Garbage.

Do you think anything is lost by playing on a computer rather than with a controller? Say, for Resident Evil 2.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Those PS4 bundles have long since sold out and are going for $400+ on Amazon now through re-sellers. I paid $400 for the PS4 at launch in 2013; paying the same price for a seven year old system (the included games are 10 dollars each and playable on PS5, so they're negligible in value) seems like a waste of money to me, especially since the regular PS4 (non-pro) struggles to run newer games (will certainly be the case for the Last of Us part 2).

In terms of games, PS5 will have plenty of games: launch titles for PS5 + top 100 PS4 games. Let's say the PS5 is $600 (probably the most expensive it will be); you are paying $200 more for a console that may outperform new gaming PCs (that cost $1k+) on arrival and will last you seven years.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

PS2> all
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject:

So when is the discord for LG gamers happening?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
So when is the discord for LG gamers happening?

I use Discord just because one of the biggest Borderlands 3 streamers has save files for me to download and try out different builds. Beyond that, I have literallly NO idea what it's for.

I'm totally down to join or start one if people are interested. It'd be fun to play with you fools.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: