Dwight Howard and Avery Bradley among players that do not want to play
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9249
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I think they will all play when the time comes. They are going to be HUGE favorites to win it all if they have their whole team together, I don’t think they’ll want to pass that up.


Lebron retires at end of season and goes into Politics.
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chosen valor
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 21 Jun 2020
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Imagine giving up millions over a virus that doesn't even exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9091

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Deleted.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137296
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I think they will all play when the time comes. They are going to be HUGE favorites to win it all if they have their whole team together, I don’t think they’ll want to pass that up.


It would be like winning the Summer League title.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fmlaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 21 Jul 2017
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
I think they will all play when the time comes. They are going to be HUGE favorites to win it all if they have their whole team together, I don’t think they’ll want to pass that up.


It would be like winning the Summer League title.


Unless the Clippers win , right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29402

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

chosen valor wrote:
Imagine giving up millions over a virus that doesn't even exist.


I always report new accounts that are established just to troll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137296
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

fmlaker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
I think they will all play when the time comes. They are going to be HUGE favorites to win it all if they have their whole team together, I don’t think they’ll want to pass that up.


It would be like winning the Summer League title.


Unless the Clippers win , right?


No matter who wins. You play 3/4th of the season and then it is ended by this pandemic, so you make up various scenarios trying to keep numerous factions happy. Just to score more revenue. Bringing all teams back and seeding each division 1-16 and playing a tournament out would make more sense than what they came up with.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 33514

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

Davis Bertans will sit out NBA return
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26604

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Davis Bertans will sit out NBA return


The balance of power has shifted!
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12319

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Ariza is out as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12084

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12319

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.


yeah. only hope is Avery doesnt listen to Kyrie.

funny how all the chat about Kyrie/Avery has suddenly died down
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29402

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.



Portland and the Wizards have a mathematical possibility of making the top 8, but it makes sense for players on those teams to sit out rather than take a health risk just on the slim chance of becoming first-round fodder.

Bertans is free agent after this year and he's looking to sign a new contract (probably) with Washington. No reason for him to come back to play 8 meaningless games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12084

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.


yeah. only hope is Avery doesnt listen to Kyrie.

funny how all the chat about Kyrie/Avery has suddenly died down


Definitely will need Avery and Dwight tbh. The Lakers strength was exactly what they preached this season: Chemistry and being a star in your role.

I don’t think they are good enough without Avery and Dwight playing their roles.

Boogie and Waiters may contribute, but neither are a star in their role like AB and Dwight have proven to be this season.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12084

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.



Portland and the Wizards have a mathematical possibility of making the top 8, but it makes sense for players on those teams to sit out rather than take a health risk just on the slim chance of becoming first-round fodder.

Bertans is free agent after this year and he's looking to sign a new contract (probably) with Washington. No reason for him to come back to play 8 meaningless games.


No doubt. I think for sure the 9-13 teams in the West. I also wouldn’t be surprised if a team like Utah had a player or two decline.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29402

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.



Portland and the Wizards have a mathematical possibility of making the top 8, but it makes sense for players on those teams to sit out rather than take a health risk just on the slim chance of becoming first-round fodder.

Bertans is free agent after this year and he's looking to sign a new contract (probably) with Washington. No reason for him to come back to play 8 meaningless games.


No doubt. I think for sure the 9-13 teams in the West. I also wouldn’t be surprised if a team like Utah had a player or two decline.


I wouldn't be surprised if a player on any team opted out. And I wouldn't blame them. It's only a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29402

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


His situation is different though. He's in a custody battle with his wife. So it's about wanting to be with his son, rather than anything basketball/pandemic related.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137296
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


You know it’s been a long time since they last played when I had to look up what team Ariza played for.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137296
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.


yeah. only hope is Avery doesnt listen to Kyrie.

funny how all the chat about Kyrie/Avery has suddenly died down


Definitely will need Avery and Dwight tbh. The Lakers strength was exactly what they preached this season: Chemistry and being a star in your role.

I don’t think they are good enough without Avery and Dwight playing their roles.

Boogie and Waiters may contribute, but neither are a star in their role like AB and Dwight have proven to be this season.


We are screwed if we have to rely on Cousins. Much prefer Cacock.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9091

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ariza is out as well


I think a few of the role players from the lower seeds are going to decline invitation.

Portland is dangerous, but their max is a 2nd round appearance if everything goes wrong for the Lakers. Last season was a couple of favorable matchups to get to the WCF.


yeah. only hope is Avery doesnt listen to Kyrie.

funny how all the chat about Kyrie/Avery has suddenly died down


Definitely will need Avery and Dwight tbh. The Lakers strength was exactly what they preached this season: Chemistry and being a star in your role.

I don’t think they are good enough without Avery and Dwight playing their roles.

Boogie and Waiters may contribute, but neither are a star in their role like AB and Dwight have proven to be this season.


We are screwed if we have to rely on Cousins. Much prefer Cacock.


Applause 👏 or Pause ✋
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4732

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject:

Our defense wouldn’t be the same without Avery and Dwight. I don’t see us wining without them.
_________________
Well...we got boogie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 4175

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Our defense wouldn’t be the same without Avery and Dwight. I don’t see us wining without them.


This....absolutely
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9249
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Our defense wouldn’t be the same without Avery and Dwight. I don’t see us wining without them.


This....absolutely


Truth.. Dwight is a serious Bruiser nowadays.. Opponents do not like guarding him or him taking the rebounds etc.. TOO STRONG
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12319

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Avery not going to Orlando

Hmm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 1586

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Pincus saying we can replace him

A warm welcome to the HENNYGOD!!!!! lmao
_________________
Do it for Kobe Bean
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB