Woj: Avery Bradley Will Sit Out Orlando
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I think they should give it go but it’s easy to type this while I’m staying safe at home. I may be one of the few who doesn’t expect the next season to start until Fall 2021. I really do think a second wave will push the season back, back again until it will officially be canceled. This might be the Lakers true chance for a ring. Sucks that LeBron is so much older. Feels like a race against time.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
this really hurts us

I really don’t think it does. I know advanced stats don’t paint the entire picture but Bradley was terrible on offense in terms of impact. He didn’t offer anything other than shooting a wide open 3 or long two. The defense always left him open. We will miss his on ball defense but people seem not to notice his team defense was average at best. KCP and JR Smith would fit much better on the offensive end.

Bradley: 8.9 PER -2.5 BPM -.1 VORP .66 WS/48 +.1 on/off -5 net rating

Caruso: 11.0 PER +0.1 BPM +.5 VORP .110 WS/48 +5.7 on/off +2 net rating
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
this really hurts us

I really don’t think it does. I know advanced stats don’t paint the entire picture but Bradley was terrible on offense in terms of impact. He didn’t offer anything other than shooting a wide open 3 or long two. The defense always left him open. We will miss his on ball defense but people seem not to notice his team defense was average at best. KCP and JR Smith would fit much better on the offensive end.

If we’re really relying on J.R. then we are in serious trouble. J.R. has been done for 3 seasons now. He should be used only in the case of an emergency. Unless he’s found the fountain of youth.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject:

Avery’s defense made it possible for Lebron to masquerade as a point guard. His corner 3 shooting will be missed. He was a perfect fit with the starters.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject:

We have NO-ZERO-NADA perimeter D without Bradley. He was also becoming a plus on the offensive side of the ball (which changed the entire look of our O). He can not be replaced (currently on our roster or any possible FA).
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:39 am    Post subject:

I know Bradley will be missed tremendously, but where are all the Caruso stans? We hear about him constantly here and on Lakers podcasts, but when we lose Bradley it becomes doom and gloom. Caruso can step up, and KCP can step up. Yes, you guys have the exact same take as Magic Johnson (take that how you will 🤣)... but it’ll be okay. I commend Bradley for thinking about his family first.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject:

I hope he’s done with the Lakers for good, get him out of here when they can.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject:

Avery was paid off by Steve ballmer to sit out the playoffs.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject:

IT'S CARUSO TIME!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
this really hurts us

If we’re really relying on J.R. then we are in serious trouble. J.R. has been done for 3 seasons now. He should be used only in the case of an emergency. Unless he’s found the fountain of youth.

I think we're just adding players in case people come down sick. I don't think we are going to have a 12-man playoff rotation.
coyote
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject:

What I'm quite mad about is that he and Irving were leaders in getting players to sit out. He was BSing about BLM and distraction from restarting basketball. Now it's about his son? Team paid a big chunk of its cap on him, and now it's a waste. Yes I'm being petty, but I hope we won't have him next year and other teams please offer him minimum contract every year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

I respect Avery's decision. Hope he and his family are doing well. Life > basketball.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Avery was paid off by Steve ballmer to sit out the playoffs.

AB has a legit excuse, can’t risk the health of his oldest son who has a respiratory condition.

Now let’s see if Lou Williams money is where his mouth is...I could see Ballmer convincing him to play with a little extra under the table.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

don't fault him for this decision but yeah this is a significant blow
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

coyote wrote:
What I'm quite mad about is that he and Irving were leaders in getting players to sit out. He was BSing about BLM and distraction from restarting basketball. Now it's about his son? Team paid a big chunk of its cap on him, and now it's a waste. Yes I'm being petty, but I hope we won't have him next year and other teams please offer him minimum contract every year.

You should be mad! How DARE someone not be willing to risk their life, and their family's life, to provide the entertainment you so desperately need!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Don't get me wrong. Fauci has worked with the NBA to make very appropriate and stringent rules for reopening.

But it's not something I'd risk my 6 year old's health on.

There is no way I would put my kid’s health in jeopardy for an NBA money grab.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
this really hurts us

JR Smith isn’t good enough for an NBA team to sign him
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I respect Avery's decision. Hope he and his family are doing well. Life > basketball.

Amen
coyote
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

That’s not what I meant. If he said he’s not playing because of his son condition, I understand 100%. What he did was to start a rebellious group with Irving and used BLM as excuse. He said it would be distraction. Was it because he wants to look good or want to keep his money?

activeverb wrote:
coyote wrote:

You should be mad! How DARE someone not be willing to risk their life, and their family's life, to provide the entertainment you so desperately need!
haji818
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

coyote wrote:
That’s not what I meant. If he said he’s not playing because of his son condition, I understand 100%. What he did was to start a rebellious group with Irving and used BLM as excuse. He said it would be distraction. Was it because he wants to look good or want to keep his money?

activeverb wrote:
coyote wrote:

That's my problem. But I am a cynical (bleep). I think he knew all along he was going to not be in Orlando so if he could put a stop to play he would be able to keep all of his money because the NBA wouldn't dare keep salary from the players if the season was postponed for "Social justice."

I do think we have to find a way to move him in the offseason. It is not like this is just going to go away. We signed him for two years right? We need to either trade him or hope the NBA grants waivers for players who are not playing next year to teams.

Either way we are done this year. Where is the offseason thread.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Woj: Avery Bradley Will Sit Out Orlando

alleyoop wrote:
ocho wrote:
Free Agents are still an option but I would bet on Rondo or Caruso starting.

I reckon it'd be KCP

Bron - Rondo
KCP - Caruso - Waiters
Green - Kuzma
Davis - Morris
McGee - Howard
Yeah, we actually had a better winning percentage when KCP was the starter.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

haji818 wrote:

Either way we are done this year. Where is the offseason thread.

is lebron not going?
is AD not going?

Avery was part of a team. KCP was playing better then him and provides an outside threat that Avery was not. His shot started to fall 1 month before but teams would just leave him alone and pack the paint.

having KCP opens up the offense while there is little drop off on the defense end.

lakers went 10-3 in the 13 games avery missed
QuadDouble
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

2 posts... bringing up BLM... this dude is just here to stir some stuff up. or he's a regular poster who was to embarrassed to spout this take on their normal account.

coyote wrote:

activeverb wrote:
coyote wrote:

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Start Alex Caruso
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
this really hurts us

I think we're just adding players in case people come down sick. I don't think we are going to have a 12-man playoff rotation.

As for your last comment, that depends on the virus. Depth could be the most important trait for a team to have during this tourney.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: