Boozer Talk to be revisited according to Ny daily News
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Boozer Talk to be revisited according to Ny daily News

Quote:
NY Daily News - The Jazz held off on dealing Carlos Boozer to the Lakers, but look for that deal to be revisited this summer. The Lakers' package included Brian Cook and Chris Mihm, but the Jazz believes it can do better than that.

Once Boozer is a Laker, Lamar Odom is gone, if not before.

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

Cook and Mihm seems like a high price for the often injured Boozer. If Boozer stays healthy the rest of the season and averages 15 points, then it looks like a more even trade. But the Lakers have gotten a lot of mileage with Chris and Brian this year. I'd imagine the Jazz are more after guard help than anything else.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Cook and Mihm seems like a high price for the often injured Boozer. If Boozer stays healthy the rest of the season and averages 15 points, then it looks like a more even trade. But the Lakers have gotten a lot of mileage with Chris and Brian this year. I'd imagine the Jazz are more after guard help than anything else.

the boozer that sat out injured for a year, i agree..

but the boozer that was played in cleavland and the first part of his stint with utah.. id do that trade..

boozer was an absoulte beast before he got injured.. I think boozer we would be getting boozer of old.. bottom line is boozer has never been happy in Utah.. thats why he was injured for so long...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

It does seem an expensive move for the Lakers. I would hesitate to trade both those guys for Boozer.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

^ agree...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject:

I would move a package of Kwame and McKie along with Miami's #1. Mihm would still be at center with Cook still coming off the bench. Kwame's starting job would go to Boozer. The Jazz would have an ending contract in McKie. Kwame's committment is shorter. Boozer's long-term deal would be off the books.
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

NOOOO, BRIAN COOK IS UNTOUCHABLE...man I love how this kid can knock down shot after shot, he delivers almost every time he's give a chance, I would hate for a team like Phoenix to get him one day....
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Quote:

I would move a package of Kwame and McKie along with Miami's #1. Mihm would still be at center with Cook still coming off the bench. Kwame's starting job would go to Boozer. The Jazz would have an ending contract in McKie. Kwame's committment is shorter. Boozer's long-term deal would be off the books.

This scenario seems much more reasonable than to give up both Cook and Mihm for the often injured Boozer considering his contract to boot.

Mihm is a legit center in the league who has shown some great improvement over the course of the last month or so when healthy. Mihm's stats for the last month would easlily rank him statisticall in the top 5 centers in the West.

Cook will be player who will just simply shoot the lights out game after game during his career. Cook is not only has a very impressive FG% of over 50% but is also shooting an AMAZING 0VER 50% from beyond the arc and this is only his third year in the league.

Do we really want to give up both of these young players for Boozer with his inflated contract.

I'd say this would be a huge mistake, imo. Not only is Cook starting to show an incredible potential to become a very deadly outside shooter that will spread the floor in the Triangle, but Mihm is finally showing signs of staying on the floor and putting up consistant numbers.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

I don't believe that damn tabloid. Just take the opposite of everything they say.

....The Truth - The Lakers held off on dealing for Carlos Boozer, but look for that deal to be revisited this summer. The Lakers' package included Brian Cook and Chris Mihm, but the Lakers believe it can do better than that.

Initial rumors had George instead of Cook. Who would we rather give up?

I think the longer we wait on this one the better the trade will be. Boozer hates that mormon town and will pout until he's traded. The more he plays disgruntled the lower his value will be. He will soon be traded for expring contracts only. Unfortunately we don't have any of those anymore.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

Mitch will have a low ball offer.
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

Before Boozer got injured I would definitley make a trade for him, even give up Odom or Mihm. But after he injured, I have to see if he can get back to the level once he was, then we can think about should we get him or not!!
But I think Lakers need to keep Mihm and Odom!!
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure Boozer is worth Odom or Mihm, especially with his contract.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

the probelm with getting boozer this summer, is most of our valuble expiring contracts wont be useful anymore(thanks again Mitch). George and Slava's k comes off the blocks. If were gonna trade for Boozer, this last trade deadline would have been the best time to do it. We could of unloaded George + Slava and Mihm for him. Now were gonna have to include other pieces. Mihm and Cook dont even make up half of Boozer's salary.

Last edited by KobeButler on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I think Mihm and Cookie for Boozer is to much especially since we don't know what we will be getting from Boozer, coming off of injury. Mihm and Slava's contract maybe, but I still want to see what Booze can offer right now.
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject:

I believe this report because Mitch is stupid enough to acquire a liability like Boozer.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

If we want to get creative we can always sign and trade Gump for Boozer. Give Gump a three year contract for 9 million per (or whatever it takes to meet the 25% rule) guaranteeing only the first year - second year team option. Everyone's happy Gump gets two years worth of salary for one season. LA get's Boozer w/o giving up Mihm/Cook. Utah saves about 50 million or so dollars after getting rid of the forever disgruntled Boozer. We can throw in a 2nd round draft pick if needed.
ChiefTriangle38
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

once again nonsense from New York newspapers, how many ridiculous trade scenarios have actually gone down that they have predicted?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

odom for boozer? not anymore. last thing we need is a player with a poor attitude like booze.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject:

who said anytihng about odom for boozer?
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

When would it be ok to stop talking about Boozer? He is on the Jazz, he's the enemy...we've talked about him since he was almost traded here last year...he's STILL ON THE JAZZ...

Can we please have a moritorium on Carlos Boozer talk around here until the summer at least?

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to give up Cook. He's gonna become a savvy triangle vet for us who can hit knock down the three. He's the kind of guy you're gonna love having come playoff time, IMO. Maybe a Robert Horry type?
vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:

Imagine the outcry if this was a Jazz board and we heard about an offer like this. I guess we're just like any other fans---always willing to trade our trash for someone else's treasure.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:

I would give it literally three games before Jerry Sloan would run on the court and choke Kwame. Or put him in a sleeper hold or Million Dollar Dream. No way he coaches Kwame.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Boozer Talk to be revisited according to Ny daily News

KwameKobeOdom3 wrote:
Quote:
NY Daily News - The Jazz held off on dealing Carlos Boozer to the Lakers, but look for that deal to be revisited this summer. The Lakers' package included Brian Cook and Chris Mihm, but the Jazz believes it can do better than that.

Once Boozer is a Laker, Lamar Odom is gone, if not before.

This sounds like BS. Cook and Mihm is way too much for Boozer and that contract of his. If the Jazz think they can get more then they must be hanging around Lamar too much and suffering from some serious second hand smoke.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if Isola wrote this article, but I saw him on deadline day on NBA TV and he said he expected this deal to be done in the summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: