Western Conf. Seeding Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Dame is good and can sure win one or two games alone

But let's not forget the fact that he had to score 61 to defeat the freaking Mavs. Portland as a team is not that scary
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

But let's not forget the fact that he had to score 61 to defeat the freaking Mavs. Portland as a team is not that scary

And they lost to the a depleted Clippers team that was trying to lose.

I am not saying Blazers can't give us problems, but if you think Lillard is going to average 50 against the Lakers in a 7 game series you are crazy. Lillard is about to get the Harden treatment. Double at half court. It's on CJ to show up big and the rest of the team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
danzag wrote:

I am not saying Blazers can't give us problems, but if you think Lillard is going to average 50 against the Lakers in a 7 game series you are crazy. Lillard is about to get the Harden treatment. Double at half court. It's on CJ to show up big and the rest of the team.

Exactly.

And they can't defend. They gave up 120+ points on 5 of the 7 games they've played so far in the bubble
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
danzag wrote:

DAL scored 45% from three. even if portand's defense sucks, do you think our shooters can shoot at that level even if they are wide open?

if we don't shoot at that level, Dame doesn't need to score 50 plus right?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

So is there still a play in?

What happens if there is a 4 way tie for 8th seed?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
eureca wrote:
danzag wrote:

DAL scored 45% from three. even if portand's defense sucks, do you think our shooters can shoot at that level even if they are wide open?

Lakers aren't as good of shooters, no. But you're not thinking about why both Portland and Dallas scored 130 pts and it's not just because they have skilled players...It's because both teams have trash ass defense.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

CJ McCollum, playing with fracture in lower back, hits 2 free throws to seal win

Yeah they not winning anything with CJ seriously injured
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
So is there still a play in?

What happens if there is a 4 way tie for 8th seed?

there will not be a 4 way tie. there will be 1 8th seed 1 9th seed and so on. if wins are same, they look at other criteria to decide rankings.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
eureca wrote:
danzag wrote:

I don't really get the comparison. The Mavs and Lakers are two different teams. The Mavs are 2nd in the NBA in 3 point attempts. Obviously 3 point shooting right now is a weak point for the Lakers, but I wouldn't say they have to all of a sudden shoot at a Mavs level when they weren't that the entire season. My point was that I don't think the Lakers will allow Dame to take over the series. I think a lot of pressure will be on CJ's shoulders to come up big.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Playoff Bron bout to smoke these fools trying to get a piece of us.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

CJ McCollum, playing with fracture in lower back, hits 2 free throws to seal win

I'm still confused how this was a throwaway line 2 hours ago and nobody has elaborated?? Seems kind of important.

Also, the Blazers have no one to guard Lebron or AD. All we have to do is play AD at the 5 to guard Dame (JaVale would get destroyed, Dwight would get killed as well, but as bad as JaVale).
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

I'm still confused how this was a throwaway line 2 hours ago and nobody has elaborated?? Seems kind of important.

Also, the Blazers have no one to guard Lebron or AD. All we have to do is play AD at the 5 to guard Dame (JaVale would get destroyed, Dwight would get killed as well, but as bad as JaVale).

So Lakers in 6-7 games now!

But if Ariza didn't drop out and CJ had a sound back they could challenge for the Finals.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

So Lakers in 6-7 games now!

But if Ariza didn't drop out and CJ had a sound back they could challenge for the Finals.

And if we had AB and rondo it would be a sweep.

And ariza is done like 2 years back and now is just a name
Julius Handle
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: blazers

I think Blazers will defeat Lakers in 5 games. Dame wants revenge on AD and LeBron hasn't won a playoff game in over 2 years. And hasn't ever won a game in the Western Conference playoffs despite being in the Western Conference for over 2 years. Blazers will be red hot and rolling. I doubt Blazers can go all the way. Even if they made the Finals, they would get swept by the Raptors. But the Lakers are done. My opinion.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

They will be problem for us definitely. But on the other hand their defense is ZERO. They dont play defense and they dont even try. Fully engaged Lebron and AD. We can take them in 6 games I think.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: blazers

Julius Handle wrote:
I think Blazers will defeat Lakers in 5 games. Dame wants revenge on AD and LeBron hasn't won a playoff game in over 2 years. And hasn't ever won a game in the Western Conference playoffs despite being in the Western Conference for over 2 years. Blazers will be red hot and rolling. I doubt Blazers can go all the way. Even if they made the Finals, they would get swept by the Raptors. But the Lakers are done. My opinion.

sure troll.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Bottom line for me is we are either able to reach the level and team cohesion we showed before the Covid response when we beat the Clippers and Bucks, or it's just not likely we could win all the rounds. We can't afford to play extra games in the first round especially, or even the second, with Lebron's age, etc. We need to win first round in 5 or 4, no matter what happens later. So they have to be on it from the first moments of every game, to build some buffer later in games, in series, in confidence, and to weather lapses in shooting and runs. If Portland, it might helps us focus razor sharp like we need through the whole playoffs with a nondeep bench and minus avery and plus shooting unpredictability.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: blazers

Julius Handle wrote:

As a Blazers fan I guess that's what you wish
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: blazers

Julius Handle wrote:

The playoffs haven't started yet and the Lakers are locked at #1.

You're using the long layoff to stretch your narrative. Even though it's August, the 2019-2020 season is still ongoing.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: blazers

Julius Handle wrote:

Just another pipe dream from a Canadian. Toronto is not sniffing the finals for the next 25 years, and the Blazers will be lucky to win more than one game against the Lakers in the playoffs. They used their juice to get to the play-in tournament, and they will have nothing left against us outside of a Lillard explosion, which will win them one game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: blazers

Julius Handle wrote:

lol
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

If McCollum is hurt, Blazers aren't a threat. Dame is great but he isn't beating LBJ + AD by himself and they don't have the firepower without a healthy CJ.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Our road to the Finals:

Portland:
Quote:
Legion Hoops @LegionHoops

DEVELOPING: CJ McCollum says he’s been playing with a fractured lower back, reports @dwightjaynes.

Houston:

Quote:
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon

Rockets announce that Russell Westbrook had an MRI that revealed a strained right quadriceps. He will not play Friday and will be re-evaluated before the playoffs.

Oh no
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Quote:
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon

Rockets announce that Russell Westbrook had an MRI that revealed a strained right quadriceps. He will not play Friday and will be re-evaluated before the playoffs.

Oh no

The irony.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

we need Rondo and Bradly badly for series against Blazers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16
Jump to: