Western Conf. Seeding Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

to be honest, i'm not sweating for this playoffs, face it, whoever wins the title will be labeled with an asterisk right next to it, right or wrong don't matter, it's not going to be the same as a title coming off a normal NBA season. so if lakers wins great, if they lose, who cares, it's a fluke season anyway.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
to be honest, i'm not sweating for this playoffs, face it, whoever wins the title will be labeled with an asterisk right next to it, right or wrong don't matter, it's not going to be the same as a title coming off a normal NBA season. so if lakers wins great, if they lose, who cares, it's a fluke season anyway.

One thing that that is noticeable is the crowds definitely impact players. Outside of the Lakers, players are shooting ridiculous % on 3s...way above career numbers. Haven’t looked up numbers but it feels that way.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

It still counts though which is all that really matters imo. I get what you're saying completely but nearly every person I talk to that's not a Lakers fan puts an asterisk over several of the Championships we won anyways so i'll take one more.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

One thing that that is noticeable is the crowds definitely impact players. Outside of the Lakers, players are shooting ridiculous % on 3s...way above career numbers. Haven’t looked up numbers but it feels that way.

I think there's a lot more players then people realize that are impacted by crowds both positively and negatively. Those guys are thriving and loving this atmosphere, it's basically a glorified closed gym pickup game. I wont lie though it makes the Lakers shooting struggles even more frustrating watching some of these other games.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Maybe. But after a few years, everyone will forget and recognize the season as normal.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Rockets avoiding that 3 seed
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

best defense is a good offense. unfortunately we have no guards on this team to exhaust Lillard's energy on defensive end.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Maybe. But after a few years, everyone will forget and recognize the season as normal.

it will be only Asterik if Lakers and Lebron win. if someone else wins(specially Flippers) it will be the hardest fought season of all time
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

45 pts 17 boards 9 dimes... I think they were trying to win. In any case, why would you laugh at them, when this entire forum wants to avoid the Rockets? LOL!
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

45 pts 17 boards 9 dimes... I think they were trying to win. In any case, why would you laugh at them, when this entire forum wants to avoid the Rockets? LOL!

Harden played to the whistle. We def tried to win the game.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Wonder how serious this Westbrook injury is.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I’m laughing at the avoidance of the clippers matchup. They want the Lakers in round 2. Not laughing at them!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I’m laughing at the avoidance of the clippers matchup. They want the Lakers in round 2. Not laughing at them!

It will end with the same outcome for them regardless.
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: blazers

Julius Handle wrote:
I think Blazers will defeat Lakers in 5 games. Dame wants revenge on AD and LeBron hasn't won a playoff game in over 2 years. And hasn't ever won a game in the Western Conference playoffs despite being in the Western Conference for over 2 years. Blazers will be red hot and rolling. I doubt Blazers can go all the way. Even if they made the Finals, they would get swept by the Raptors. But the Lakers are done. My opinion.

Lebron hasn't been in a playoff game for ONE year. He has never lost a playoff game while being in the Western Conference. Therefore, Lebron is UNDEFEATED in those two aspects.

Lame.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

If a team doesn’t have anyone to guard LeBron they will be looking at a short series. Any team like that will find it extremely hard to beat him 4 times. Could they possibly take a game or two? Sure, but 4? Nah.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

At this point - if Russ has a strained hamstring - the Rockets would be the more appealing matchup to me. It's a much easier offense for us to guard against then the Nuggets.

I don't think there's any guarantee the Clippers even get past the Nuggets. The Clippers have no matchup against Jokic. The Denver depth is equivalent possibly even greater than the Clippers. I think Denver will give Clippers a much more difficult time than the Rockets would.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Clippers irk me. Seem to always be up to some type of dirty under the table crap. They have been trying to coast and lame their way to a title at all costs the whole year, hope karma bites them in the ass
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I give lakers less than 5% chance to win . These are my reasons( apart from the fact that this covid has killed us the most)

1) there is no crowd involved. players shooting crazy and our shooting sucks. we don't have enough shooting to stay with others.
2) No advantage being No 1 seed.
3) we are too old as a team and this playoffs with just 1 day gap going to kill us.
4) In a league that is going in the direction of 3 point shooting and free throw shooting, we have neither. If opponents shoot 40% from 3, we need to shoot 60% from 2 to stay with them.
5) we have so many match up problems.
6) We can't win a single game if lebron or AD has an off day.
7) we don't have players that can draw fouls or flop ( except Caruso).
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Harden probably doesn't want to play CP3 in the first round. Without Westbrook it would essentially be a blood match between the two former teammates. OKC took 2 of 3 this year, Houston only winning in October.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
I give lakers less than 5% chance to win . These are my reasons( apart from the fact that this covid has killed us the most)

1) there is no crowd involved. players shooting crazy and our shooting sucks. we don't have enough shooting to stay with others.
3) we are too old as a team and this playoffs with just 1 day gap going to kill us.
4) In a league that is going in the direction of 3 point shooting and free throw shooting, we have neither. If opponents shoot 40% from 3, we need to shoot 60% from 2 to stay with them.

Answer my question: who does the blazers have to guard LeBron or AD?

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

LOL.
What an interesting JV game between the Heat and Thunder.
It was like the Thunder didn't care to win.
But the Heat were like, ey, we dont need to win this game either.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Harden probably doesn't want to play CP3 in the first round. Without Westbrook it would essentially be a blood match between the two former teammates. OKC took 2 of 3 this year, Houston only winning in October.

Well get ready for it, because that's what is going to happen with OKC just winning. OKC is now locked into the 4-5 matchup. I believe the only way that Houston won't finish 4th is if Denver loses this game to the Clippers AND loses its final game to drop to 4th. Utah locked into 6th, Dallas 7th.

EDIT: It's actually official. Denver is locked into the third seed at worst. It will be Houston vs. OKC in the 1st Round. The CP3-RW Grudge Match!
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

at this point, guarding AD and LBJ is way too overstated. 6 Ft PJ tucker guarded AD.
who will guard Lillard and harden?
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Mel...o nevermind!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

at this point, guarding AD and LBJ is way too overstated. 6 Ft PJ tucker guarded AD.
who will guard Lillard and harden?

at this point, guarding lillard is way too overstated
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16
Jump to: