Another Lakers vs. Celtics Finals Possible?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Another Lakers vs. Celtics Finals Possible?

Stars are aligning. Has it been 10 years already?? If Lebron and crew beat the Celtics in a bubble series Final dedicated to Kobe, 2020 would not be a total waste.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

East is wide open. All four of those teams are really good. Last year Toronto was down 0-2 in the second round and won it all. I get that Kawhi isn’t there anymore but that team is still damn good and I’m not counting them out yet.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

It would be fitting, since LeBron was already a rival of the Celtics for many years in CLE and MIA.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject:

Would be a tough match up for us. Too many weapons to focus on. Kemba could be a nightmare for us? Kuz will raise his play versus Tatum, like he always does. Brown and and the pimple faced linebacker form Oklahoma St who wanted to fight a fan are tough as nails. Lebron apparently can’t dunk anymore.

It won’t be easy. Just like reading my last paragraph. 😂
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Another Lakers vs. Celtics Finals Possible?

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Stars are aligning. Has it been 10 years already?? If Lebron and crew beat the Celtics in a bubble series Final dedicated to Kobe, 2020 would not be a total waste.

Lakers/ Celtics need to get there first.

Still have two series to win before we can even think about the rivalry matchup. And the Celtics already have a head start with a 2-0 advantage in this round.

Lakers have a tough road ahead.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

It’s going to be Lakers/Celtics or Clippers/Celtics imo.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

If it is, it’s going to be the most exciting and most stressful finals I have seen in long time.

There is nothing I love to see more than the Lakers getting number 17 and tying them for the most championships against the Celtics.

At the same token that is nothing I hate more For the Lakers to come all this way and lose to the Celtics.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

Winning #17 over the Celtics would be extra special

But let's get there first
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

I said this the other day, and would love to see it happen and so would the NBA!

Much better than a Clippers vs Bucks Finals...(LOL)
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

Duplicate thread deleted
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Would be a tough match up for us. Too many weapons to focus on. Kemba could be a nightmare for us? Kuz will raise his play versus Tatum, like he always does. Brown and and the pimple faced linebacker form Oklahoma St who wanted to fight a fan are tough as nails. Lebron apparently can’t dunk anymore.

It won’t be easy. Just like reading my last paragraph. 😂

I'm not nearly as concerned about Boston as I am about Toronto and Milwaukee. Celtics beat us only if the combination of AD being awful & Tatum being unstoppable happens 4 times in a 7 game series. Bucks and Raptors have more pathways to beating us.

IMO, the further we go, the more important it becomes for the KCPs, Greens and Kuzmas to hit their shots. If teams shut down AD, they basically shut down the Lakers. When guys hit their shots, that destroys our opponents' ability to trap/quick double AD & when AD has space, he scores.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

"Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen"
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Celtics, along with the Raptors would be the toughest match-up for the Lakers in the finals. Celtics are an elite defense in the half-court and have 4 players that can go off for 20+ points in any game with Tatum, Kemba, Brown, & with Hayward being their wild card. Also, Marcus Smart is an elite defensive player as well and Daniel Theis is a solid role player as well. Stevens is a great head coach and would be a classic finals series if it comes down to the Lakers path to tying the Celtics for number 17 would be to actually beat the Celtics themselves.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Celtics, along with the Raptors would be the toughest match-up for the Lakers in the finals. Celtics are an elite defense in the half-court and have 4 players that can go off for 20+ points in any game with Tatum, Kemba, Brown, & with Hayward being their wild card. Also, Marcus Smart is an elite defensive player as well and Daniel Theis is a solid role player as well. Stevens is a great head coach and would be a classic finals series if it comes down to the Lakers path to tying the Celtics for number 17 would be to actually beat the Celtics themselves.

Maybe but Miami is "also" looking pretty strong right now. They've gotten
hot at the right time. We'll see if we make the cut, and if so, who
we'll play.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

Don’t discount Miami with Butler, Bam, Iggy, Crowder, Dragic, a ton of shooters, and an insane smart coach who knows everything about Lebron.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Celtics heavily rely on their 5 starters to play 40 plus. The Motley Crue of “bigs” they bring off the bench are all shorter than Kuz. By the time we play them - If we play them - Tatum, Smart, Brown, Thies, and Walker will have regularly played 40+ minutes night after night. As Lebron said - we are built different. They cannot handle our size and strength over a seven game series. We play a physical brand of defense and offense that will wear them out since we are bigger and stronger at every position. And if they try to match up by dusting off Kanter....god help them, as he cannot defend a paper bag.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Don’t discount Miami with Butler, Bam, Iggy, Crowder, Dragic, a ton of shooters, and an insane smart coach who knows everything about Lebron.

Miami is the biggest threat I agree. I posted a while back that I think they’ll crush the Bucks. Celtics match up well with them, but Bam is a difference maker. Against us...they are quite the team. Deep, talented, strong, well-coached, disciplined, etc etc. perfect bubble team given their shooters.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

i know this though, if the finals is between Celtics and Clippers, i hope there's a COVID outbreak in the bubble so the season can be canceled. yeah, i'm a sore loser like that. who's with me.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i know this though, if the finals is between Celtics and Clippers, i hope there's a COVID outbreak in the bubble so the season can be canceled. yeah, i'm a sore loser like that. who's with me.

I will not be watching. I will turn off all NBA social media.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

Why are the Celtics so good? They don't have any superstars. (I don't consider Taytum or Walker to be a superstar).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why are the Celtics so good? They don't have any superstars. (I don't consider Taytum or Walker to be a superstar).

Tatum is a modern day prototype player that you build a team around, they play as one unit and they have a top notch head coach. Smart as their 4-5th best player is underrated. I was never a fan of his but he is a huge part of their success. I hate to bang the drum again but we could have had Tatum. For nothing.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

they remind me of the 2004 Piston team. they don't have any 1st tier superstar like LBJ, AD or KL, but they do have a waves of near stars. Tatum, Walker, Brown, Smart. they fit well with each other and they play tough defense.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Tatum is a modern day prototype player that you build a team around, they play as one unit and they have a top notch head coach. Smart as their 4-5th best player is underrated. I was never a fan of his but he is a huge part of their success. I hate to bang the drum again but we could have had Tatum. For nothing.

With Tatum lakers would not have gotten AD. We only got AD bc of the #4 pick we had from Lonzo sucking so bad + lebron’s injury.

If we had Tatum, NOP would have wanted him in any AD trade
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

it'd be a great series; probably a 7-gamer
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I might be wrong here but I prefer the Celtics over the Bucks/Heat because of lack of experience that the Celtics have on there roster but perhaps it won’t matter especially in a bubble environment that has no fans right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: