***QFTOS: Lakers vs. Rockets - Round 2, Game 3 [09/08/2020]***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ 21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject: ***QFTOS: Lakers vs. Rockets - Round 2, Game 3 [09/08/2020]***

QFTOS

P R E - G A M E

Quote:
Quote:
Westbrook stats- 32/5/4 on 45% FG

Rockets win by 8

Speak it to existance!!

Quote:
Russ is gonna show them tonight

Quote:
Quote:
I'm hoping the talk James and Russ had was Harden transferring some of his BBIQ and fg% over to Russ.

I won't say this game is do or die but it's pretty close. I feel like whoever wins this one wins the series.

74% of the winners of game 3 in a tied series go on to win

Quote:
TIME TO REMIND THE LEAGUE JUST WHO THE F*K WE ARE!

Quote:
I think Bron is in Russ's head, man.

Quote:
Hardens stat line tonight: 50pts 7rbs 10asts 4stls 2blks

Russ’s stat line tonight: 35pts 14rbs 12asts 3stls 1blk +a vicious poster slam on Davis and McGee.

Rockets W.

Screenshot this. (But delete if it doesn’t happen lol).

Quote:
When lebron hunts for russ on a chase down block do players not warn russ.

Quote:
Not a rockets fan but hate lakers fans so I hope y’all take the dub

Quote:
We've had a solid and an excellent shooting game in this series so far. There's a cold night coming. We need to be ready for it and stay extra engaged on defense so we can overcome it. It's not as pretty, but a win when we don't overwhelm the opponent with the 3 ball is the best win for us. It proves we're not some cute gimmick.

Either way, RUSS NEEDS TO GO F*K SH*T UP. TAKE IT TO THESE FOOLS LIKE THEY'RE A BUNCH OF REPORTERS AT A POST GAME PRESSER.

Quote:
How Russ performs will likely be the main indicator of how this series goes. He’s had two days to study film and work with D’Antoni on how to stop the Lakers defense freezing him out.

Even if the Lakers take Game 3, if Russ plays well and looks like himself then the rest of this series will be incredibly tight to call. If he has another poor game and can’t adjust, this one probably ending in 5.

I N - G A M E

Quote:
Our body language is sluggish from the sideline cam. Let’s give them our energy!!!

Quote:
F*ing lakers are actually so f*ng sh*t outside of Bron and AD its insane how these 2 are hard carrying

Quote:
Lakers overall playing like a*s, only in this game cause LeBron is going absolute god mode tonight.

Quote:
Bro LeBron is so f*ing annoying I’m so sick of this guy playing good basketball just retire.

Please.

Quote:
Lakers deserve this one, idk what is going through our guys’ heads but they need to take them out of their a*ses and be more aggressive

Quote:
IF YOU DIDNT SUPPORT THROUGH HIS WORSTBROOK YOU DONT DESERVE HIM AT HIS BESTBROOK

Quote:
He’s back, baby 😎😎

Quote:
A HOT RUSS IS THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN THE NBA

Quote:
I’m not forgetting y’all comments from last game, some people were calling Russ straight up trash. Never count the Brodie out EVER, I called this

Quote:
WE REALLY WATCHING TWO MVPS ON THE COURT JUST PLAYING BALL F*K I LOVE THIS TEAM

Quote:
Lebron played his best half of the year and we still winning. Got a good feeling.

Quote:
Name someone in the NBA uglier than Caruso

Quote:
At this point AD knows he’s getting every call so he’s just chunking up shots every time he gets the ball

Quote:
YOU CAN SEE THAT LEBRON REALLY WANT THIS GAME. IF WE WIN, WE WILL BREAK HIM

Quote:
LeBron’s officiating has been incredible

Quote:
Westbrook heard y’all talking s*t.

Quote:
lakers have been hitting some utterly ridiculous shots, which is very impressive by them but gives me a good feeling about this one - lebron is cooking tonight but AD is not going to consistently hit that fadeaway 3, whereas we're getting most of our points inside and brodie is online. I think we blow this one open in the 3rd

Quote:
I’m so f*ing tired of us acting like leaving someone wide open is correct basketball

Quote:
Dumb shot selection, no defense. Lakers deserve to win this tonight ffs

Quote:
Should I turn off the game and see if that helps us

Quote:
Two back to back goaltends

Quote:
Lebron is really good but I can't stand him.

Quote:
Lebron out here leading the league in tears per game

Quote:
Man. Feel this one slipping away

Quote:
Please put my boi Harden in before this gets ugly

Quote:
If Covington was LeBron, Kuzma would actually be banned from the NBA. That was the most dirty play in basketball history

Quote:
harden MIA in 4th wtf

Quote:
Harden deserves better than this. Fans deserve better than this.

Quote:
Rondo just dissected the f*k out of our defense

Quote:
Series still not over. We'll get game 4. Just need to stop LeBron and stop leaving Rondo open

Quote:
Harden just takes a nap in the 4th for some reason

Quote:
That rondo got 20+ points is a failure and embarrassment

P O S T - G A M E

Quote:
Lakers had to play a perfect game to beat us, and I don't think they can keep that up. Rondo inst doing that again, and that alone means we are still in this, even if LeBron does what he did in that game. Lebron basically played as well as he possibly could, Rondo played outside of himself, AD was AD, and we just lost by 10.

Harden can still play better, and the Lakers are likely to play worse. I think we will take the next 2, the Lakers will get one after, and then it's Game 7. Who knows what happens there.. Gotta favor the rockets in that situation though.

Quote:
Man I have been watching the Rockets for nearly 30 years. Its all Houston teams just not the Rockets. So any more moral victory guys? I hate it when some guys just post "Oh yall are not real fans, oh yall apologize to whoever on the rockets when they show up, oh well going come out hot and win in 6." Enough with the moral victories and excuses. This is like Meet the Fockers where he has medals for 10th place. It does no good when they don't prove it on the court! its like some guys just have an epiphany the next day and post some moral victory (bleep) over and over again. If we don't win this year, I think its probably time to start new. We might get to the playoffs again next year and the year after that, but the chances are probably slim as we all know it to win a championship. I don't know whoever idea it was to go all in on this small bull (bleep). Fertitta actually bought into the plan as well. Morey must have someone working like inception to enter Fertitta dreams to make him buy into this crap. When your only plan 80 to 90 percent of the time is to chuck up 3's then smart teams will figure you out. Playoffs isn't like the regular season. Fouls are called less and everything slows down.

Who actually thought we was going to win in 6? From a basketball fan, I thought we was going to lose this series before it even started. I just don't buy into this 3 point scheme we are playing. As a Rockets fan I still watch because I love the team.

Quote:
Quote:
Mike Dantoni after this game: our confidence has skyrocketed after this loss. They Lakers are up 2-1 and are clearly desperate to finish this series quickly. We know how to attack them now

Its true. Always spilling out some bulls*t but never proving it or making adjustments on the court.

Quote:
Quote:
It’s not over, but being down 2-1 is sad. That last quarter was gross defensively. If anyone would’ve made a shot outside of Harden in the 3rd quarter, we would’ve been fine. Letting Rondo make shots is unforgivable

I just finished telling my friend Rondo was trash at threes before he started cooking. Straight shook

Quote:
Dammit man doubling Harden is an automatic L. Can’t believe rondo turned into prime Steph too.

Quote:
We were delusional to think we’d beat an LA team. Silver will stop at nothing to get the battle of LA WCF

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jeff green was worse than russ in the 4th quarter btw

Jeff green is a role player, russ is a former mvp making almost 40mil a year, expectations are different

Expectations? You haven't seen him play this exact way for the last decade?

Quote:
I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or ratings in not sure which. I won't be silent . Just saw it live sry

Quote:
Game 4, lets get it

Quote:
Wish Harden had Russ’ relentlessness and Russ had Harden’s restraint

Quote:
“If westbrook plays well rockets win “😂

Quote:
I’m f*ing sick and tired of these Russ fans acting like a “good” Westbrook game is worth the countless s*t Westbrook’s games

Quote:
Weirdo Russ fans thinking him getting garbage time layups = good game? Literally he was awful the 2nd half

Quote:
Anyone who blames this loss on Russ is a f*ing dumbass. We couldn’t stop the Lakers on defense to save our f*ing lives

Quote:
Literally had no answer for lebron in the paint and f*ing rajon rondo was cooking us smh. This was a pivotal game and many players didn't show up. 3 points from pj and jeff green played like trash on the defensive end

Quote:
Quote:
The good: Rockets played better in the 1st half. The bad: Rockets played bad in the 2nd half.

We've got to be better in the 4th. That game was dead even through the 3rd. Championship teams finish.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hate that I’m so invested with this team. Like I get so angry when we lose. Might gotta stop watching

It's part of the fun. It can be awesome and miserable.

Nah it’s not fun anymore, just anxiety, i have a massive headache and an L now. What’s new.

Quote:
I don't understand, we adjusted too much to the Lakers defense and forgot our own gameplan. We looked too hard to get Westbrook in his groove and forgot to take our usual 3's

Quote:
Quote:
It took until 35 seconds left in the game for Westbrook to get a call on all the contact on his drives.

Meanwhile LeBron is yelling in a refs face and getting calls overturned without reviews, and going to the line off a gust of wind.

Bro, there were two sequences where Lebron drove to the rim and didn't get a call line in the third quarter. I agree that Russell should have had some calls, but lets not act like Lebron gets all the calls.

Quote:
I need happiness in my life

Quote:
Sad rocket noises

Quote:
Despite the refs, we were just simply outplayed. Hope House and Roco are good to go next game or else it’s looking like a gg to our season.

Quote:
Is basketball supposed to be fun?

Quote:
Still a long series

Quote:
Backdoor sweep it is.

Quote:
Houston, we have a problem.

That's all, folks!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bro LeBron is so f*ing annoying I’m so sick of this guy playing good basketball just retire.

Please.

This is classic
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

Houston is by far the most delusional fanbase I've seen.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States with the fifth largest metropolitan area and they have one of the league’s biggest stars in Harden— two if you count Westbrook. Why do they think the league would have an agenda against them for ratings? Surely that would have worked to their benefit in the OKC series.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Series still not over. We'll get game 4. Just need to stop LeBron

Oh is that all?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Series still not over. We'll get game 4. Just need to stop LeBron

Oh is that all?

They move the goalposts every time.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Man I have been watching the Rockets for nearly 30 years. Its all Houston teams just not the Rockets. So any more moral victory guys? I hate it when some guys just post "Oh yall are not real fans, oh yall apologize to whoever on the rockets when they show up, oh well going come out hot and win in 6." Enough with the moral victories and excuses. This is like Meet the Fockers where he has medals for 10th place. It does no good when they don't prove it on the court! its like some guys just have an epiphany the next day and post some moral victory (bleep) over and over again. If we don't win this year, I think its probably time to start new. We might get to the playoffs again next year and the year after that, but the chances are probably slim as we all know it to win a championship. I don't know whoever idea it was to go all in on this small bull (bleep). Fertitta actually bought into the plan as well. Morey must have someone working like inception to enter Fertitta dreams to make him buy into this crap. When your only plan 80 to 90 percent of the time is to chuck up 3's then smart teams will figure you out. Playoffs isn't like the regular season. Fouls are called less and everything slows down.

Who actually thought we was going to win in 6? From a basketball fan, I thought we was going to lose this series before it even started. I just don't buy into this 3 point scheme we are playing. As a Rockets fan I still watch because I love the team.

This guy gets it
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Quote:

This guy gets it

Not even Houston teams so much as D’Antoni teams. Every year it seems like he has a serious contender and every year they get knocked out when their threes stop falling.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

They stay confident lol.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I dunno. Spend some time perusing ClutchFans and they seem to have a pretty good idea about the limitations of Harden, Westbrook, D’Antoni, their approach, etc.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

Thanks OP!
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
danzag wrote:
Quote:

This guy gets it

Not even Houston teams so much as D’Antoni teams. Every year it seems like he has a serious contender and every year they get knocked out when their threes stop falling.

Agree. Thing is, small ball does not work. The only caveat is if you have 2 of the greatest shooters of all time (Steph and Klay). Hell they even have McGee, Bogut, Looney, etc for centers.

They only play small in parts not like the Rockets.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

We had to play a perfect game?

Uh, they only got 24 minutes of that in Game 2.

If LAL played a perfect game, it would be Game 5 vs Portland level.

Houston doesn't have that gear.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

Lebron is not even playing full gear offensively on his attack. I feel like he can break their will if push comes to shove.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I dunno. Spend some time perusing ClutchFans and they seem to have a pretty good idea about the limitations of Harden, Westbrook, D’Antoni, their approach, etc.

That place is delusional. They were blaming refs before the series even started and they hold more value in moral victories than actually legitimately critiquing their own team.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
danzag wrote:
Quote:

This guy gets it

Agree. Thing is, small ball does not work. The only caveat is if you have 2 of the greatest shooters of all time (Steph and Klay). Hell they even have McGee, Bogut, Looney, etc for centers.

GS team was a lot more balanced. they had legit 7 footers out there through out the game accompanied by their shooters. this Rocket team seems like stubborn MDA trying to prove the world wrong one last time by living out his coaching dream, good for us, he's doing so at the cost of the Rockets.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:

That place is delusional. They were blaming refs before the series even started and they hold more value in moral victories than actually legitimately critiquing their own team.

Blaming refs is a symptom of any fan board, including this one. They pretty much universally understand that the Westbrook trade was a bust, that Harden tends to fold in the playoffs, that D’Antoni doesn’t have many adjustments in his bag, that their owner sucks, etc. That’s more self-awareness than you’ll find on most boards, tbh.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

I know all fans like to blame the refs after a loss but any fans whining about calls with james harden on their team is just
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
I know all fans like to blame the refs after a loss but any fans whining about calls with james harden on their team is just

But that’s just it. They’re used to watching Harden get any call he wants all the time so when he doesn’t they’re enraged.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
danzag wrote:
Quote:

This guy gets it

GS team was a lot more balanced. they had legit 7 footers out there through out the game accompanied by their shooters. this Rocket team seems like stubborn MDA trying to prove the world wrong one last time by living out his coaching dream, good for us, he's doing so at the cost of the Rockets.

Not to mention elite defenders and playmakers in Draymond and Iggy. Balanced indeed.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Blaming refs is a symptom of any fan board, including this one. They pretty much universally understand that the Westbrook trade was a bust, that Harden tends to fold in the playoffs, that D’Antoni doesn’t have many adjustments in his bag, that their owner sucks, etc. That’s more self-awareness than you’ll find on most boards, tbh.

True but that fan base in particular has been deluded into thinking Harden needs to outshoot the entire team from the free throw line. If the other team has more ft's? REFS! Never mind that we beat the piss out of them on the interior while they're jacking up 3 after 3. Harden, that team and the Houston fan base (yeah they're almost a full 100% overlap with Trashtros fans on a Venn diagram) can go to hell.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Quote:
It’s not over, but being down 2-1 is sad. That last quarter was gross defensively. If anyone would’ve made a shot outside of Harden in the 3rd quarter, we would’ve been fine. Letting Rondo make shots is unforgivable

I just finished telling my friend Rondo was trash at threes before he started cooking. Straight shook

Lol. Rondo is in the fans heads, too.

Interesting to see if the Rockets are going to close out on him more... which should open up his game to the drive, which will open up more shooters.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
We had to play a perfect game?

Uh, they only got 24 minutes of that in Game 2.

If LAL played a perfect game, it would be Game 5 vs Portland level.

Houston doesn't have that gear.

I haven’t seen LAL play a perfect game or even be in peak form tbh.

It should also concern Houston that they haven’t had a cold game yet. What was the stat...something like 16-0 when shooting above 40% from 3...now 16-2 and the 2 losses coming in this series.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

IF YOU DIDNT SUPPORT THROUGH HIS WORSTBROOK YOU DONT DESERVE HIM AT HIS BESTBROOK

That's like GaSoft vs GaStrong
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Harden is like what? Leader in freethrow shooting average in entire NBA history?

Dude shoots FT more than entire NBA team in most given nights
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: