🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chargers have a good roster, but Anthony Lynn might not be the coach that takes them to the next level. They are losing in the same fashion as last season, so a head coaching change might be in the future if they keep repeating the same results.

They need to go after Bienemy. Herbert is clearly the future, they need a creative offensive HC to maximize that.

Lynn is not the answer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm kinda pulling for Lynn. I'm gonna give him a game or 2 more to see if he makes any adjustments. If he doesn't I'll get on the git rid of him bus.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject:

Bridgewater and Mahome are lighting it up. Good game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

How can an NFL team like the Ravens have a center who can’t snap the ball?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

Jake Luton with the 73-yard TD pass on his first ever drive. Good start by the rookie from Ventura College.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Tua looks like the real.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Tua looks like the real.

He’s gotten more opportunities to drop back and sling it so far this game. Last week’s playcalling was not very good. Definitely looking better today.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Tyler Murray, so what I'm only 5'10" Catch me if you can!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Tua and Tyler are running backs in disguise. They're both running and passing the lights out.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Come on Raiders.....beat that reject San Diego club who no one wants.

Great...win for the rejects

Raiders WIN!!! Raiders are still LA
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Come on Raiders.....beat that reject San Diego club who no one wants.

Great...win for the rejects

Raiders WIN!!! Raiders are still LA

I thought the Bolts had pulled it out. TD review showed the ball came out. Tough loss

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Chargers have a good roster, but Anthony Lynn might not be the coach that takes them to the next level. They are losing in the same fashion as last season, so a head coaching change might be in the future if they keep repeating the same results.

They need to go after Bienemy. Herbert is clearly the future, they need a creative offensive HC to maximize that.

Lynn is not the answer.

Seems like everybody that coaches the Chargers is cursed since they fired Marty. Lynn looked pretty good his first 2 years there. Surprised they are struggling this much. If they get just a little bit better and a little less unlucky they would be pretty good.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

TUA TIME
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Chargers lost again?
Maybe its time for CBS to disassociate from them and pick the Raiders...
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I swear the similarities between the Clippers and Chargers is uncanny. If the Raiders were in LA and Rams were somewhere else and it was just the Raiders and Chargers in LA (the Carson Plan), you would see a very similar dynamic between the number of Raiders fans and Chargers fans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject:

This Brady-Brees battle is pretty one sided.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Is the Saints defense *that* good? I know they’re good but I wasnt expecting this good. How much of this is just the Bucs/Brady having a bad game?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject:

I can't even believe how badly Kliff Kingsbury botched the end of that game for Arizona. Kyler Murray is doing anything he wants on the ground. It's your last drive and you have 3rd and 1. If you commit to running Murray, you have TWO downs to pick up 1 yard. Again, he's doing anything he wants when he runs. How do you call a pass play on 3rd and 1?

Then, to make it even worse, he doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 -- where you can still run Murray -- and opts to kick a potential game-tying 49-yard FG with just under 2 minutes left. This was a horrifically bad decision. Even if he makes it, you still give the ball back to Miami with plenty of time left for them to get in winning FG position themselves. And this was a shootout, not a 14-13 struggle where you think your defense has a good shot to stop them. And, of course, a FG of that distance isn't even close to a sure thing, and at best all you're doing is tying the game.

The fact that the field goal attempt came up short is hilarious to me. They got what they deserved.

I'm also not impressed with Kingsbury's running scheme for his running backs. Whether it's Drake or Edmonds, it seems like his RB's just plow right into the center of the defensive line 20 times a game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Is the Saints defense *that* good? I know they’re good but I wasnt expecting this good. How much of this is just the Bucs/Brady having a bad game?

The Saints have really struggled against the pass all season long. This was definitely very unexpected.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/09/week-11-packers-colts-game-moves-to-425-p-m-et/

Quote:
Week 11 Packers-Colts game moves to 4:25 p.m. ET

America’s Team ain’t what it used to be.

The original 2020 schedule placed Cowboys-Vikings in the high-profile 4:25 p.m. ET spot on the eleventh Sunday of the season. On Monday, the league slid another game into that spot.

The contest between the 6-2 Packers and 5-3 Colts moves from 1:00 p.m. ET.

It’s unclear whether Packers-Colts will become the primary game sent to most of the country, and it’s stunning to think that any Cowboys game would lose its platform.

But the truth is that the Cowboys currently stink. Sunday’s loss to the Steelers was played at the same time as Dolphins-Cardinals, and it’s obvious that Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, and Tracy Wolfson should have been sent to Arizona. Presumably, Joe Buck,Troy Aikman, and Erin Andrews will be in Indiana in 13 days.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
I swear the similarities between the Clippers and Chargers is uncanny. If the Raiders were in LA and Rams were somewhere else and it was just the Raiders and Chargers in LA (the Carson Plan), you would see a very similar dynamic between the number of Raiders fans and Chargers fans.

Similar in that they are not well supported, but not similar at all in how they carry themselves. They don’t have nearly the undeserved arrogance or bitterness that the Clippers do.

The Bolts are pretty much the unluckiest team I know, always suffering heartbreaking injuries and close losses.

I still to this day haven’t forgiven them for firing Marty after the 14-2 seasn

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The Saints have really struggled against the pass all season long. This was definitely very unexpected.

The Bucs just started off on the wrong foot. They were too conservative on offense to start the game, then quickly fell behind making their playcalls highly predictable. The fact that they couldn't get first downs and were forced kicking into the wind gave the defense a terrible field position, but then they were porous as hell. Part of the problem is that the continued reliance on soft zone with excess padding is like serving Drew Brees a luscious Thanksgiving Dinner, he just feasted on the inept coverage.

The game was dictated by play in the trenches. The only thing that surprised me is that it took more time for Brady to throw interceptions. The interior protection was awful, Brady couldn't either move up in the pocket or step into this throws. That's the cost of losing Ali Marpet for this game, that and a lack of meaningful depth. The left side was porous as Donovan Smith was his usual self at LT. The corresponding pressure on Brees was inconsistent, and I'm being kind. Those blitzes did nothing but provide more holes in coverage, and the New Orleans OL did a commendable job when the Bucs only sent three. This is when you really miss having Vita Vea. The Giants exposed that interior DL problem, New Orleans couldn't miss that on the film.

What troubled me the most wasn't the score, it was the lack of fight in the team after the first half. Sometimes you fall into a deep hole in football. The coaching staff has to tell the guys at half time to stop looking at the scoreboard. Just battle each and every snap. The game was lost, but this is when you measure the character of the team and the ability of the coaching staff to motivate the players. The Bucs team simply gave up during the second half.

The Bucs have decent talent when healthy, but the sum of the parts is far less than team execution. While there was some bad play, I never see Arians correctly point out that the coaching is a problem. I'd like to see him stop calling out players, and start accepting accountability. Games like this strike even good teams from time to time, but the Bucs looked unprepared and even less motivated once they fell behind two scores.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

They have had injury issues in the secondary all season. What helped last night was putting pressure on the QB, Brady was rushed. I think that it was the first play of the game when Cam set the tone by sacking Brady.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

A beautiful rendition of the national anthem. Monday Night Football. All players standing.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

at least we have the answer to who the Saints would go to if Brees can not go.....Winston
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 14 of 335
Jump to: