šŸˆNFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

A blowout win for the Raiders....not too often you see those. Its like all of Carr's wins seems to be by less than a touchdown even during the 12-4 regular season of 2016;
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Kyler Murray is sick.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Pittsburgh's on track to get Miami's undefeated season record 17-0.. With the addition of 3 games, it's almost an impossible task. Miami won 14 regular season games 3 postseason and the SB. Steelers 9-0 so far.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
A blowout win for the Raiders....not too often you see those. Its like all of Carr's wins seems to be by less than a touchdown even during the 12-4 regular season of 2016;

The Broncos are terrible. Its like when Peyton retired the franchise joined him.

The Raiders are a good team though.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Iā€™m down for a couple of Famous Jameis starts.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

The Broncos are terrible. Its like when Peyton retired the franchise joined him.

The Raiders are a good team though.

Lock isn't the answer for the Broncos. Elway has been unable to find a QB since Manning's arm turned into a noodle.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:

I honestly do not think the Saints are too upset about the timing either....they have the Falcons, Broncos, Falcons and Eagles coming up. It would be the perfect chance to take a real look at Winston as the post Brees option, and allow their 43 year old QB to get a little healthier for the final games and playoffs.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

Agree, I like Jameis and I think he landed in an ideal spot with Payton in NO (with an aging but still effective QB in Brees).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

Winston said he loves where he landed. He about learning from Drew. He couldn't have landed with a better tutor. Drew getting hurt means has a chance to solidify his position in NO. Good luck to both Drew and Jamies.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

I honestly do not think the Saints are too upset about the timing either....they have the Falcons, Broncos, Falcons and Eagles coming up. It would be the perfect chance to take a real look at Winston as the post Brees option, and allow their 43 year old QB to get a little healthier for the final games and playoffs.

The timing of Brees' injury might prove to be fortuitous for the Saints. Bree's is obviously struggling to get anything on his passes, and on his present trajectory he'll be a mess by mid-December. What saved Peyton Manning during his final campaign was that he got benched for a good half-dozen or so games late in the season. That benching saved what was left of his rotting shoulder, right in time for that postseason run leading to Super Bowl 50.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

We had a discussion earlier in the season about who was the Saintsā€™ no 2 QB.

To all those that claimed Winston not Hill was the no 2 QB should Brees get hurt, you guys were right.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Source: Results of medical evaluations performed today on #Saints
quarterback Drew Brees revealed that he has multiple rib fractures on both sides of his chest and a collapsed lung on the right side. Injuries suffered over two weeks. It is uncertain how much time he might miss.

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1328423168512548865

Quote:
Drew Brees suffered two fractured ribs Sunday against the 49ers and three others on the right side the previous week against the Bucs that were not seen on X-ray until today. Brees has been advised to be cautious with the collapsed lung.

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1328423733795713025
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

To all those that claimed Winston not Hill was the no 2 QB should Brees get hurt, you guys were right.

Hill's a great backup. IMO he's not a starter. Jamies was brought on board to start. He has the tools. He has to get his confidence back. Jamies is also only 26.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Didnā€™t realize Drew was nursing all those injuries. Hope heā€™s able to return sooner rather than later.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Didnā€™t realize Drew was nursing all those injuries. Hope heā€™s able to return sooner rather than later.

Drew's 41. As the body ages, injuries take more of a toll, take more time to heal. He's not going to return to the Drew of old. I don't think he has or wants to have the Brady mind set.

NO made a football move. In my mind, I think they're ready to make a QB change. I think Winston is their QB of the future or at least the one they're giving a chance to be.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I get that Brees is near the end of the road. I just wasn't aware he was this banged up. I'm a bit torn because I'm pulling for both Drew and Jameis. Best case scenario is Jameis comes in for a few games and balls out, then Drew returns to lead the Saints on another playoff run. Jameis then solidifies himself as NOs future.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Yeah I get that Brees is near the end of the road. I just wasn't aware he was this banged up. I'm a bit torn because I'm pulling for both Drew and Jameis. Best case scenario is Jameis comes in for a few games and balls out, then Drew returns to lead the Saints on another playoff run. Jameis then solidifies himself as NOs future.

Report: Drew Brees has five fractured ribs, collapsed lung

LINK

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Hill's a great backup. IMO he's not a starter. Jamies was brought on board to start. He has the tools. He has to get his confidence back. Jamies is also only 26.

Ok, I take that back. Guess VenturaLakers was right. Guess Hill is the no 2 QB

Quote:
Source: Taysom Hill, not Jameis Winston, to start at QB for New Orleans Saints
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Ok, I take that back. Guess VenturaLakers was right. Guess Hill is the no 2 QB

Quote:
Source: Taysom Hill, not Jameis Winston, to start at QB for New Orleans Saints

Hardly surprising. My weak defense of Winston amounts to the lack of any chemistry or practice with the team due to the lack of a preseason. On a more visceral level, I feel that Winston has a world of talent but a lack of discipline needed to channel it. To succeed in the NFL as a QB, you have to eat, sleep and excrement with that playbook, accompanied by living in the film room. That's Brady, Mahomes, Brees and Wilson. Winston doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

^
It will be interesting to see if Hill actually takes all of the snaps as a true starting QB, or if Winston ends up coming into the game. I know Diana Russini reported that Winston is "not a part of the game plan", but I'll believe that when I see it. Coaches lie all the time. Maybe Payton just wants to see if Hill can do well against one of the worst defenses in the league in Atlanta.

Whatever the case, you can't start Winston in fantasy football now lol.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out Hill sharing snaps with Winston. Payton will definitely use both depending on the situation, he's very hyperactive as a coach. And of course it makes game preparation tough for any opposing team's coaching staff.

On the menu this week is Atlanta. The Falcons have an awful pass defense, and perhaps a slightly above average run defense. That run defense looks good in the stats, but that's from teams feasting on the Falcon's poor pass defense. You'd think that would favor Winston, but you don't need to take chances against Atlanta. Hill is the safer bet.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
It will be interesting to see if Hill actually takes all of the snaps as a true starting QB, or if Winston ends up coming into the game. I know Diana Russini reported that Winston is "not a part of the game plan", but I'll believe that when I see it. Coaches lie all the time. Maybe Payton just wants to see if Hill can do well against one of the worst defenses in the league in Atlanta.

Yup, I think thereā€™s a good chance he might just be the opener. Weā€™ll see
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Yup, I think thereā€™s a good chance he might just be the opener. Weā€™ll see

This may be a coach trying not to destroy chemistry.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: Sean Payton struggled with choosing Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston as New Orleans Saints' starting QB

New Orleans coach Sean Payton struggled with choosing the Saints' starting quarterback for Sunday's game before ultimately deciding to go with Taysom Hill, but multiple players and people within the organization thought Jameis Winston should have been the starter against the Atlanta Falcons, sources told ESPN.

Payton knew that whichever quarterback he decided on -- Hill or Winston -- would lead to a specific and different type of game plan. The longtime coach went with the quarterback whom the Saints assured last spring -- as he was signing his two-year extension -- that he would get a chance to start if Drew Brees ever got hurt.

The Saints view this as a chance to get an evaluation of Hill at quarterback now and for the future, with Brees still likely to retire after this season, according to sources.

Going with Hill on Sunday does not preclude Winston from taking over for Brees as the Saints' quarterback of the future. Winston has impressed Saints coaches and players and remains a potential part of New Orleans' long-term plans.

There continues to be a widespread expectation that this will be Brees' final season, according to sources around the league. Hill's two-year, $21 million contract pays him as if he will be the starting quarterback next season, and Winston is on a one-year deal.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Sources: Sean Payton struggled with choosing Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston as New Orleans Saints' starting QB

New Orleans coach Sean Payton struggled with choosing the Saints' starting quarterback for Sunday's game before ultimately deciding to go with Taysom Hill, but multiple players and people within the organization thought Jameis Winston should have been the starter against the Atlanta Falcons, sources told ESPN.

Payton knew that whichever quarterback he decided on -- Hill or Winston -- would lead to a specific and different type of game plan. The longtime coach went with the quarterback whom the Saints assured last spring -- as he was signing his two-year extension -- that he would get a chance to start if Drew Brees ever got hurt.

The Saints view this as a chance to get an evaluation of Hill at quarterback now and for the future, with Brees still likely to retire after this season, according to sources.

Going with Hill on Sunday does not preclude Winston from taking over for Brees as the Saints' quarterback of the future. Winston has impressed Saints coaches and players and remains a potential part of New Orleans' long-term plans.

There continues to be a widespread expectation that this will be Brees' final season, according to sources around the league. Hill's two-year, $21 million contract pays him as if he will be the starting quarterback next season, and Winston is on a one-year deal.

Like I posted above. Payton is thinking chemistry. It would hurt his image with the team if he didn't keep his promise. I think they brought Jamies onboard to start. It wouldn't surprise me if he starts the second half.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 15 of 335
Jump to: