🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

What the heck Seattle. Third and 1 with the chance to ice the clock and you go deep?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Seahawks should've won this game already.
Cam with a chance to win the game for the Pats.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Oh, so close.....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

The Chargers should have went for it on 4th and 1 in OT. Then Anthony Lynn came out after the game and said that Taylor is still his starter if healthy.

I like Lynn a lot, but, yeah, not his finest day. Going back to Taylor, particularly with Lynn's job likely on the line, would be mind-blowingly awful.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Drew Brees threw to his RB's approximately 48 times tonight. He's looking like 2015 Peyton Manning out there with the arm strength. Oh, and Malcolm Jenkins got absolutely roasted by Waller tonight. Looked old and aging himself.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject:

Maybe not 2015 Manning yet, but then Manning started the season with poor arm strength and then got progressively worse during the course of the season. I think what saved his withered ass was having to sit for a few weeks as his shoulder was about to drop out of the socket. Brees could become a 2015 Manning, we'll see if he loses even more on passing game in the weeks ahead.

But yeah, those short throws and the lack of accuracy were on display. Even though he didn't have Michael Thomas (karma) it might be time to recalibrate the Saints offensive capabilities.

Jenkins looked awful out there. Speed and quickness are important in DBs, and he didn't look like either were allies when matched up with Waller. I'm curious to see if this was a specific matchup problem, or if age has caught up with Jenkins.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

I'll be watching DPOY Stephon Gilmore for erosion as well. While Gilmore seems to have matchup problems with big, strong receivers, he was absolutely roasted Sunday. The CB position is the most athletically demanding position in all of football. Once that athleticism wanes, they transition from elite to liabilities. Gilmore's coverage is frequently compared to Revis. I just hope that comparison isn't an analog for a rapid decline in Gilmore.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

Raiders opened Allegiant Stadium with a 34 24 win over the Saints. Carr looked like he's back. I've got them to make the playoffs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

I've been a super casual raider fan since the Rich gannon days. Do the raiders have a shot at doing anything special?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I've been a super casual raider fan since the Rich gannon days. Do the raiders have a shot at doing anything special?

According to SAS If they shore up their cornerbacks they may make some noise.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I'd have to see more of them to really make a meaningful call, but at the risk of using one game to project the future, yeah. They looked like a legit wildcard contending team.

I wouldn't go too far in projecting Carr to be a latent superstar. He's a decent QB, but if you watched closely you'll notice that he fixates on his first read and has problems processing the rest of the field in real-time. But they had enough assembled talent to exploit if not embarrass New Orleans last night, and that's a pretty good yardstick.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

The Raiders became Los Abgeles's team when they move here from Oakland. I'm guessing they still have some die hard fans here. The Dog Pound probably will be at many Vegas games when allowed.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

Source: Denver Broncos to sign QB Blake Bortles after Drew Lock injury

Quote:
With starting quarterback Drew Lock expected to miss three to five weeks with a shoulder injury, the Denver Broncos have agreed to terms with Blake Bortles on a one-year deal, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler on Tuesday.

LINK
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Raiders became Los Abgeles's team when they move here from Oakland. I'm guessing they still have some die hard fans here. The Dog Pound probably will be at many Vegas games when allowed.

Raiders have moved so many times I don't associate them with any city. Most of the Raider fans are fans because of their colors and team history.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I think the Raiders have benefited early from playing the Panthers and a Saints team that didn't have Thomas, might be seeing Brees at the very end, and that usually struggles in September anyway. Their schedule is still very difficult for the next few weeks, so let's see what happens. Still don't see them as a playoff team, but if they are in the hunt all year, that will be a big step up for them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Raiders have moved so many times I don't associate them with any city. Most of the Raider fans are fans because of their colors and team history.

WUT???? They will always be the Oakland Raiders 1st.

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

as a Raider fan, i wish they just get rid of the city name, just call them Raiders, period.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Huge Raider fan here but to answer your question.....no.

They're too young and inexperienced. Their offense can be pretty good, but their defense just gives up too many plays to make any type of serious run.

We benefitted from Brees basically throwing the ball directly to our linebacker and then a few other miscues.

If all goes well, we could possibly sneak into the playoffs, with an extra team now added...but don't think we're ready just yet.

Soon though (though I've been saying this for about 15 years now...lol)!

Last edited by oasisdude77 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

How about the Rams?

They moved from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis (and won their only SB) and back to LA so they've moved as many times as the Raiders have.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

How about the Rams?

They moved from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis (and won their only SB) and back to LA so they've moved as many times as the Raiders have.

Rams were in LA area from 1946-1994....then back to LA from 2016-present. They are pretty much an LA team.

Raiders were from Oakland from 1960-1981, then 1995-2019. While they will mostly be associate with Oakland they will now spend the rest of their future history in Las Vegas. So its hard to say they are really tied down to an area....they have moved from city to city adding new fans. And even when they leave those fans don't abandon their team unlike other teams. This is why I say they and their fans are attached to the team and not the city.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor's lung punctured by team doctor, sources say

A Los Angeles Chargers team doctor accidentally punctured quarterback Tyrod Taylor's lung just before kickoff Sunday while trying to administer a pain-killing injection to the quarterback's cracked ribs, league and team sources told ESPN.

That is the reason Taylor did not start Sunday and rookie quarterback Justin Herbert unexpectedly did against the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs, in an arrangement that is likely to continue Sunday against the Carolina Panthers and quite possibly beyond.

It also helps explain why Chargers coach Anthony Lynn strongly backed Taylor on Sunday night and again this week. Many coaches believe that no player should lose his job to an injury -- especially one that accidentally came at the hands of a team doctor. The Chargers previously said Taylor suffered complications from an injection. Those complications were a punctured lung.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

How about the Rams?

Rams were in LA area from 1946-1994....then back to LA from 2016-present. They are pretty much an LA team.

Raiders were from Oakland from 1960-1981, then 1995-2019. While they will mostly be associate with Oakland they will now spend the rest of their future history in Las Vegas. So its hard to say they are really tied down to an area....they have moved from city to city adding new fans. And even when they leave those fans don't abandon their team unlike other teams. This is why I say they and their fans are attached to the team and not the city.

When Georgia Fontierie moved the Rams she took their lore with them. The Raiders came to town and captured the hearts of Los Angeles.

Yes, they're not a LA team they are and will always be the Oakland Raiders no matter where they move.

The Dog Pound will be associated with them no matter where they go. Las Vegas will see them in full Dog Pound attire.

I won't say fans are attracted to them for their colors and history, I attach more following for their rowdy demeanor.

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

This Tyrod situation is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen..

Anthony Lynn's comments make much more sense now though.. Can't exactly come out and say that Tyrod lost his job because his own team doc punctured his lung with a needle.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
This Tyrod situation is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen..

Anthony Lynn's comments make much more sense now though.. Can't exactly come out and say that Tyrod lost his job because his own team doc punctured his lung with a needle.

I still don't absolve Lynn of what he said about Herbert. It would be one thing if he just was saying complementary things of his veteran guy, Taylor. Fine. But he flat-out took a shot at Herbert, not only saying that "we lost the game, didn't we?" but that "there's a reason the kid was a backup" (I'm paraphrasing). That doesn't sit well with me. The entire world can see he's a better player than Taylor, so don't p*ss on the kid who just played his heart out against, you know, a quality opponent lol.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

How about the Rams?

When Georgia Fontierie moved the Rams she took their lore with them. The Raiders came to town and captured the hearts of Los Angeles.

Yes, they're not a LA team they are and will always be the Oakland Raiders no matter where they move.

The Dog Pound will be associated with them no matter where they go. Las Vegas will see them in full Dog Pound attire.

I won't say fans are attracted to them for their colors and history, I attach more following for their rowdy demeanor.

Not sure where you're getting the 'dog pound' association with the Raiders. The 'Dawg Pound' is associated with the Cleveland Browns.

Raiders are Raider Nation and we have the 'Black Hole' where we tend to dress up like it's Halloween every Sunday home game
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 4 of 335
Jump to: