Lakers defense
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1311

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Lakers defense

The old saying defense wins championships.

The Lakers ran into 2 great offensive teams and I believe held them to their lowest point totals in the playoffs and for Portland their 2 lowest totals of the bubble at 100 in game 1 and 88 game 2; the first time they got held below 100 in the bubble.

For the rockets game 4 they held them to 100 and 96 game 5, first time they got held below 100 the playoffs and the bubble?

If they face the clippers they face another great offensive team. And after that If they beat them, then it should be more of a defensive battle with either Boston or Miami.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Seems like all the teams left, except the Nuggets play defense well. The Lakers, Miami and Boston more consistently than the Clippers though.
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15551

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veFgWXGDFFk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1311

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

Also found out the Lakers first team to win multiple series in 5 games after losing the 1st game (gentlemen’s sweep)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2637

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

We will have to face teams with great defenses from here on out. Let's see if the Lakers have the better defense, which i believe they do. Dwight can play a major role against the Clippers imo, but i really hope Javale does not get significant minutes because he just looks lost out there against better teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 61560

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

Jeff Van Gundy said last night on the broadcast the Lakers have the best defense of the teams left in the playoffs.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 7583

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

The Lakers defense is beautiful to watch, it feels like a privilege to watch them go after it. Defending at multiple positions and chasing down everything.

So many times the Rockets would make the extra pass and I thought "here goes an open 3" and someone would make the long close out to challenge the shot. So many times they would fake the shot and get the fly by and you thought, "oh, here is an open 3" and the defender would recover back.

They were just relentless and I love it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44504

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

They will need to keep the defensive intensity up with as few lulls as possible if they play the Clippers.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 581
Location: Lakersfield!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

After seeing all these other teams play, I'm starting to feel invincible with our team.

This is something I haven't felt since the 2001 championship year, where we only lost one game the entire series.

We are definitely something special this year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 1448

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

The Nightbringer wrote:
After seeing all these other teams play, I'm starting to feel invincible with our team.

This is something I haven't felt since the 2001 championship year, where we only lost one game the entire series.

We are definitely something special this year!


You could say... we built different?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 4928

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
The Lakers defense is beautiful to watch, it feels like a privilege to watch them go after it. Defending at multiple positions and chasing down everything.

So many times the Rockets would make the extra pass and I thought "here goes an open 3" and someone would make the long close out to challenge the shot. So many times they would fake the shot and get the fly by and you thought, "oh, here is an open 3" and the defender would recover back.

They were just relentless and I love it.


I may be giving too much credit, but I give alot to AD (and Vogel) to wanting that to be the culture...D first. When that D is going they start to feast big time, and yes, is beautiful to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1311

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:
The Lakers defense is beautiful to watch, it feels like a privilege to watch them go after it. Defending at multiple positions and chasing down everything.

So many times the Rockets would make the extra pass and I thought "here goes an open 3" and someone would make the long close out to challenge the shot. So many times they would fake the shot and get the fly by and you thought, "oh, here is an open 3" and the defender would recover back.

They were just relentless and I love it.


I may be giving too much credit, but I give alot to AD (and Vogel) to wanting that to be the culture...D first. When that D is going they start to feast big time, and yes, is beautiful to watch.


You actually may be right on about that. AD during interviews said players need to take it personally when scored on. And I heard Kuzma say the same thing recently.

And his direct impact matters just as much. I saw a recent YouTube video discussing their defense Against Lillard.

What is unique about Lillard among many things is his ability to hit the 3 near half court. And he gets a screen to free him up. Other teams tired similar strategies to the Lakers where the big man steps up aggressively to challenge the 3, but Lillard being so quick and big men being slower, would drive around the big man and collapse the defense.

He tired this against AD and due to AD quickness over other big men, he was able to block Lillards shoot at the rim..something that changed the series.

And other teams also tried to trap Harden but it would lead to open 3s or Westbrook going hard to the rim. When you have a big man rotating to shooters, they can be too slow. When the Lakers took McGee out, this didn’t happen because Davis is quick enough to rotate to open shooters and if they try to attack the rim, Lebron is big enough and fast enough to rotate off a shooter and to protect the rim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2114
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, i've been watching a good amount of the Playoffs and no other team has reached the level the Lakers play defense thus far imo. I fully believe our defense will remain dominant and elite against anyone left, the big question is how well will everyone outside of Lebron and AD continue to play when going up against much better defenses? I love our chances right now but that's still a bit of a question mark and really the only somewhat big concern stopping us from winning it all.

I believe it all started with AD and Vogel though absolutely and that helped unleash the competitive defensive monster side of Lebron as well especially with the way Vogel and company has done a fantastic job with his minutes in these Playoffs and still dominate which I honestly didn't think was possible. It's pretty crazy how consistently fresh he's been able to be throughout the 4th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 6175

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I believe all of us at LG laughed at Lebron’s defense before he was a laker, but I can argue he is playing the best defense in his career now.
AC’s defense on dame and harden have been nothing short of exceptional, he made them work their ass off for points
AD is AD. KCP/morris/DG are all good defenders. Even Kuz joined the parade

If our role player can make decent amount of 3s, nobody will beat us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10856
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:02 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Also found out the Lakers first team to win multiple series in 5 games after losing the 1st game (gentlemen’s sweep)


So if the Lakers lose the first game, they will have the Clippers "just where they want them", right?
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18067
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

Lakers are 48-0 this season (regular + playoffs) when leading to start the 4th quarter.

This team is elite.
_________________
#17 FOR KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 5873

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

Vogel is the real deal. Still only in his first year. Unreal. He's definitely a keeper.
_________________
In Loving Memory of the Black Mamba!
1978-2020
Posterizer!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1311

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Also found out the Lakers first team to win multiple series in 5 games after losing the 1st game (gentlemen’s sweep)


So if the Lakers lose the first game, they will have the Clippers "just where they want them", right?


LOL..well I actually hope they don't keep this trend of losing the first game..because against the Clippers (assuming they win), it will be much harder to beat them 4 in a row.

I am surprised through that no team till now has done it multiple times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 31217

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Lakers are 48-0 this season (regular + playoffs) when leading to start the 4th quarter.

This team is elite.


That’s a incredible stat, thanks for bringing it up danzag
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2015

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
danzag wrote:
Lakers are 48-0 this season (regular + playoffs) when leading to start the 4th quarter.

This team is elite.


That’s a incredible stat, thanks for bringing it up danzag

_________________
💜💛 🏆
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9814

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
danzag wrote:
Lakers are 48-0 this season (regular + playoffs) when leading to start the 4th quarter.

This team is elite.


That’s a incredible stat, thanks for bringing it up danzag


MOTHER...
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 4068

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

AD is so good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 34008

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

VLF be like you can't win in today's NBA with just defense

The Lakers disagree
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 552

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
VLF be like you can't win in today's NBA with just defense

The Lakers disagree


Maybe you're just trolling as it seems to be open season on VLF here, but while the Lakers offense is good to very good; people bellyache cuz its not elite Who cares as long as the Lakers outscore the other team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1338
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

LOL,...'but who's going to score on the Clippers'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8W2I6HXBw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB